Like Tree9526Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

if you passed the cpat you should pretty much be done with DCAS from here on out. the medical and psych will come directly from FDNY.

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Just got a letter in the mail from DCAS thought it was my medical date.. Opened it only to read congratulations you passed CPAT, I nearly **** my pants. This medical date can't come any faster

Test 2000: #21XX
    CPAT: passed
    Intake interview: cleared
    Medical: waiting
    Psych: waiting
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Yeah I meant all my paperwork is handed in. My intake was 3/21/14 however today my investigator said to only worry about medical and psych from this point on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Yeah I meant all my paperwork is handed in. My intake was 3/21/14 however today my investigator said to only worry about medical and psych from this point on
    just be prepared for them to ask for more documents at any time. Your investigator just gathers your stuff up and passes it on so its not unheard of for the the next person to ask for more info or for your investigator to lose something lol
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm not saying I'm "cleared" with CID until a run letter is in my hand. That's just my opinion.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Good evening gentlemen I'd like to know if anyone could point out any "particulars" that we should be reading or mainly focusing on in each chapter of the probie manual. P.S. If your response is a sarcastic "everything" don't even respond man.

Forum Member

My phone broke and I lost all my stuff, can somebody please post the link up of the full probie manual? I remember getting it from this thread, thank you

Forum Member

NYgrad2012 and Rdarf85 like this.

Forum Member

how do we get copies of old summons?

also is it a good idea to go check our backgrounds independently - like a credit report - to see where we stand etc? what about this NYPD good character document thing? I just want to make sure my two hopping the turnstile tickets from like 4/5 years ago are cleared and paid like they said they were.

can't wait for this packet to get here - I have all my paperwork lined up already.

any paperwork for the medical we need? I have my immunization records
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    how do we get copies of old summons?

also is it a good idea to go check our backgrounds independently - like a credit report - to see where we stand etc? what about this NYPD good character document thing? I just want to make sure my two hopping the turnstile tickets from like 4/5 years ago are cleared and paid like they said they were.

can't wait for this packet to get here - I have all my paperwork lined up already.

any paperwork for the medical we need? I have my immunization records
    Go to the specific courthouse and ask for a disposition.

Forum Member

Got a call today from Metrotech (not from my investigator). My paperwork is under review for July class. I was missing some some points for proof of residency and was told I have to get everything in by next week. Of course I am overnighting everything tomorrow. The guy said deadline to have all paperwork submitted is seven days from now for all candidates under review for July class.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jackooze View Post
    got a call today from metrotech (not from my investigator). My paperwork is under review for july class. I was missing some some points for proof of residency and was told i have to get everything in by next week. Of course i am overnighting everything tomorrow. The guy said deadline to have all paperwork submitted is seven days from now for all candidates under review for july class.
    wooohooooooo!

Forum Member

i mean wooohooo on the fact they said that...Get ur damn paper work in lol...SEE YOU IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIZZ EVERYWHERE
    Last edited by coldblood92; 04-23-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Forum Member

Probie reading: engine ops, truck ops, and the building construction chapters are a good start. Try and look over everything, but a lot of the technical stuff won't make much sense without the hands on training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Got a call today from Metrotech (not from my investigator). My paperwork is under review for July class. I was missing some some points for proof of residency and was told I have to get everything in by next week. Of course I am overnighting everything tomorrow. The guy said deadline to have all paperwork submitted is seven days from now for all candidates under review for July class.

I got that call a few weeks ago, now just waiting on these run letters
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    i mean wooohooo on the fact they said that...Get ur damn paper work in lol...SEE YOU IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIZZ EVERYWHERE

I literally just laughed my *** off at "jizz everywhere"
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Thanks brother, I appreciate it!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    I doubt that "7 days from now is the cuttoff" they are probably just trying to stop guys from taking a month to get them the info. Great news non the less though, as long as you get that damn info!! lol

could you be a little more specific as to what list number you are around?

Also what number is it that called you?

Edit: I sent you a pm.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 04-24-2014 at 07:45 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Good evening gentlemen I'd like to know if anyone could point out any "particulars" that we should be reading or mainly focusing on in each chapter of the probie manual. P.S. If your response is a sarcastic "everything" don't even respond man.

12 weeks left right? Just follow the 8 week study guide they sent you. Then for the last 4 weeks ,focus on the engine/truck and building construction stuff like MM said. Thats what im doin anyway.

Forum Member

I'm a little suspicious of this final review/cutoff date being May 1. That might be a date for some of the lower liste numbers so they can get an idea of how high this class will go. Hard to believe they'll have an entire class set in stone 6 weeks out. Then again, with the fiasco of the last classes, notifying candidates etc, maybe they got it together. Good luck guys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I'm a little suspicious of this final review/cutoff date being May 1. That might be a date for some of the lower liste numbers so they can get an idea of how high this class will go. Hard to believe they'll have an entire class set in stone 6 weeks out. Then again, with the fiasco of the last classes, notifying candidates etc, maybe they got it together. Good luck guys.
    Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think they just are trying to prevent waht happened last class, where they were running around at the last minute trying to get letters out to guys. I think they want the first couple of hundred guys all set this way they have plenty of time figure out how many spots they need to fill. I doubt within a week, they will have the class all set.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I believe this is everything I brought with me to my investigation. No one ever gets everything on the first shot. There's always something wrong with something. Bring all of these and you should be in a good spot. Good luck.

SS card (original)
    HS diploma (original)
    Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
    W2 forms 2007-2012
    Bank Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    Credit Card Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    college transcript (still in the sealed envelope DONT BREAK THE SEAL. You may be required to have transcript mailed directly to Metrotech)
    NYS drivers abstract
    one recent pay stub (optional)
    5 year (2007-2011 since 2012 wasnt ready yet) detailed earning statement from the ss office ($25)
    $75 money order
    Any mail sent to your house in the last 60 days (previous to your investigation) to prove you still live where you live.
    a copy of the 1 summons I received & a disposition from the court (If applicable)
    Three references that are NOT family and NOT affiliated with the FDNY (they send mail to these people to attest to your good character)
    Few questions about the above requirements:

1. I don't know where my high school diploma is, will an official transcript suffice?

2. Do I need to provide 60 days worth of mail since I'm not claiming residency?

3. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 13 years ago, is there a timeline of offenses? I know most jobs say within the last 7 years or so. Plus I have 8 years of time in the Marines post offense. What have you all who went through the process seen?
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I doubt that "7 days from now is the cuttoff" they are probably just trying to stop guys from taking a month to get them the info. Great news non the less though, as long as you get that damn info!! lol

could you be a little more specific as to what list number you are around?

Also what number is it that called you?

Edit: I sent you a pm.
    I really hope that's not the definitive cutoff. I'm sitting low 14xx's and I'm still holding onto some semblance of hope that July is a possibility. I'm really ready for this wait to come to an end. I'm done with everything at this point except the run obviously and I haven't heard from my investigator about updating my file.

Forum Member

My investigator gave me a date to come back to turn in a few more documents but never a time. Anyone experience that? Was thinking or just showing up on the date at 8 am.

Forum Member

Of not or *. On a cellphone

Forum Member

Finally got in touch with my investigator Tuesday as she was leaving, she said call back in the morning. I did and an additional 10 times, can't get in touch with her again.

Thread Information