Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 24140
Like Tree9401Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

if Washington says the personality part may be weighted the most, Id put my money on that being the case

http://www.qchron.com/editions/easte...07c69349e.html

Forum Member

FDNY Exam Review Appointment
    05/11/2012
    12:00 PM - 3:45 PM

---------------------------------
    Identification
    Admission Ticket
    Admisssion Notice (<--copy and paste, not my typo)

Note: Appropriate identification will be required when you check-in for your testing appointment. PSI can not allow you to test if you fail to bring any of the specified forms of identification or any documents required for testing listed above.
    --------------------------------------

i think someone mentioned it before, how are we suppose to go to the review when psi took our admission notice when taking the exam, are we getting a new one sent in the mail? is there any way to print the original one?

Forum Member

great article hopefulff posted.i love the threat of being drafted...nowhere has reinstatement of a draft been mentioned in years yet someone on the fdny has insider pentagon information,

Forum Member

does anyone know where I can find the schedule for the city's tutorial classes?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    if Washington says the personality part may be weighted the most, Id put my money on that being the case

http://www.qchron.com/editions/easte...07c69349e.html

All speculation, I wouldn't put any stock in it. Nobody knows how the test will be graded. As for the "draft" comment, that was probably said so as to motivate test takers to do well on the exam so minorities can be better represented in the FDNY, which has been the Vulcan's MO this entire time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    great article hopefulff posted.i love the threat of being drafted...nowhere has reinstatement of a draft been mentioned in years yet someone on the fdny has insider pentagon information,
    LOL, Yeah exactly, drafts went out of style with powdered wigs.

There are so many people nowadays wanting to serve in the military that a draft is extremely unlikely, nor is it even necessary.

Forum Member

does anyone know where I can find the schedule for the city's tutorial classes?
    After you take the test you go on the PSI website and you put the potential time frame you would be able to go to the review and it gives you a run down of the dates and you can pick.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    After you take the test you go on the PSI website and you put the potential time frame you would be able to go to the review and it gives you a run down of the dates and you can pick.
    I mean the tutorial classes pre-test, not the protest/review after the exam. I believe on SI they are holding them at P.S. 54 but I can't find that any where on the web

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    LOL, Yeah exactly, drafts went out of style with powdered wigs.

There are so many people nowadays wanting to serve in the military that a draft is extremely unlikely, nor is it even necessary.
    Not just that, it would be political suicide for most politicians. But I had to laugh at that statement. I gotta give the Vulcans credit, not only do they have inside information on the FDNY exam but now they have the inside track on a potential draft lol. They got their hands in everything lol.

Forum Member

I mean the tutorial classes pre-test, not the protest/review after the exam. I believe on SI they are holding them at P.S. 54 but I can't find that any where on the web
    The dates when they will call you should have been e-mailed to you a few weeks ago. And they will call you and give you a run down of the dates and locations.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Not just that, it would be political suicide for most politicians. But I had to laugh at that statement. I gotta give the Vulcans credit, not only do they have inside information on the FDNY exam but now they have the inside track on a potential draft lol. They got their hands in everything lol.
    Oh yeah, the all knowing Vulcan society. Next thing you know they will start predicting the day the world will end, and when unicorns will roam the streets of Manhattan.

Forum Member

They will call you.

Forum Member

Anyone with Don McNea NY book?

Need input on Reading Comprehension Question #73 (pg. 89), how is answer "c" wrong and answer "a" right? Look at rule #6 of the seven rules for relay pumping from the text, answer "c" is pretty much verbatim.

Am I missing something here, or is the book wrong?

Also Question #91, answer "c" is technically correct, just because it doesn't list all the symptoms as in included in the last paragraph, it lists most of them, which in my opinion doesn't make it wrong. The book is saying that answer "d" would be correct (none of the above).

Same thing with Question #101, how is answer "a" correct? I believe it should be answer "c." Questions clearly states fire fighters were ordered to evacuate and leave all equipment, making it a emergency evacuation.

The reading comprehension is a little poorly worded if you ask me.

Any thoughts guys?
    Last edited by kocor321; 03-30-2012 at 12:08 PM. Reason: added tidbit about question #91 & #101

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post

Need input on Reading Comprehension Question #73 (pg. 89), how is answer "c" wrong and answer "a" right? Look at rule #6 of the seven rules for relay pumping from the text, answer "c" is pretty much verbatim.

Also Question #91, answer "c" is technically correct, just because it doesn't list all the symptoms as in included in the last paragraph, it lists most of them, which in my opinion doesn't make it wrong. The book is saying that answer "d" would be correct (none of the above).

Any thoughts guys?
    A few of the questions in the book actually had the wrong answer

Forum Member

for the guys who took 6019, was there much movement on your score after the review/protest stage?

Forum Member

for the guys who took 6019, was there much movement on your score after the review/protest stage?
    It's very hard to recall after all this time, but I'd say it was between a half a point to a point. For me at least. Maybe someone else had a different experience.

Forum Member

How long before ones scheduled exam do they call you?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kocor321 View Post

Same thing with Question #101, how is answer "a" correct? I believe it should be answer "c." Questions clearly states fire fighters were ordered to evacuate and leave all equipment, making it a emergency evacuation.

Any thoughts guys?
    After I got to question 73, I knew I'd be asking for a refund of my money.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    It's very hard to recall after all this time, but I'd say it was between a half a point to a point. For me at least. Maybe someone else had a different experience.
    that could be a significant swing. Not to say the same will happen now, but it is interesting...thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    After I got to question 73, I knew I'd be asking for a refund of my money.
    I actually e-mailed them because I wanted a elaborate explanation yet in hopes that I was wrong, nothing so far.

Thread Information