Like Tree10546Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    My investigator gave me a date to come back to turn in a few more documents but never a time. Anyone experience that? Was thinking or just showing up on the date at 8 am.
    Definitely Email him/her. You want to be there at an appropriate time but I would not think that they would want you there at the same time that they are showing up for work at 8am. When I went back the second time, my investigator scheduled 4 of us at 10am on the same day.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I'm a little suspicious of this final review/cutoff date being May 1. That might be a date for some of the lower liste numbers so they can get an idea of how high this class will go. Hard to believe they'll have an entire class set in stone 6 weeks out. Then again, with the fiasco of the last classes, notifying candidates etc, maybe they got it together. Good luck guys.
    At first I said I will mail everything standard mail and he made a big deal about the deadline. I guess they are trying to get everything together this time.

It also can be just a deadline for the person reviewing my file and not for everyone.
    Last edited by Jackooze; 04-24-2014 at 03:25 PM.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Few questions about the above requirements:

1. I don't know where my high school diploma is, will an official transcript suffice?

2. Do I need to provide 60 days worth of mail since I'm not claiming residency?

3. I have a misdemeanor on my record from 13 years ago, is there a timeline of offenses? I know most jobs say within the last 7 years or so. Plus I have 8 years of time in the Marines post offense. What have you all who went through the process seen?
    Pm me If you need more Info devil dog
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Got a call today from Metrotech (not from my investigator). My paperwork is under review for July class. I was missing some some points for proof of residency and was told I have to get everything in by next week. Of course I am overnighting everything tomorrow. The guy said deadline to have all paperwork submitted is seven days from now for all candidates under review for July class.
    I haven't heard from my investigator in a while. You think they just called bc you were missing things?
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I did my annual medical at BHS this week for the EMS side... Frank said they are continuing more Medicals in May to fill the next class... So I doubt May 1st is the cutoff date. But you never know.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I haven't heard from my investigator in a while. You think they just called bc you were missing things?
    Same here, I contacted my investigator but she hasn't contacted me at all.

Forum Member

God bless frank. He always gives the info
    River6019 and NycQ83 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    12 weeks left right? Just follow the 8 week study guide they sent you. Then for the last 4 weeks ,focus on the engine/truck and building construction stuff like MM said. Thats what im doin anyway.
    Nah man. Looking at next jan/July. Appreciate it tho.

Forum Member

It's possible because I was missing proof of being NY resident. It also could be with my investigator taking leave of absence.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Good evening gentlemen I'd like to know if anyone could point out any "particulars" that we should be reading or mainly focusing on in each chapter of the probie manual. P.S. If your response is a sarcastic "everything" don't even respond man.
    I would focus a lot on truck positions in each building type and their tool assignments. (I believe chap 16). Not only will this be on tests but it's also invaluable knowledge to have. Knowing exactly where you're going, what tools you're taking and what your job is without having to think about it will make you a step ahead of everyone else. I would also know for engine ops what companies stretch lines and where these lines are stretched to and their goals. (protecting exposures, protecting open stairs, etc)

And basically just everything else too

Got a call today from Metrotech (not from my investigator). My paperwork is under review for July class. I was missing some some points for proof of residency and was told I have to get everything in by next week. Of course I am overnighting everything tomorrow. The guy said deadline to have all paperwork submitted is seven days from now for all candidates under review for July class.
    It's a bluff but don't not take it seriously. Get that stuff in asap. Your fate is in their hands. You want to make it as fool proof as possible. These people are extremely good at doing their job extremely poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Finally got in touch with my investigator Tuesday as she was leaving, she said call back in the morning. I did and an additional 10 times, can't get in touch with her again.
    I made sure I documented each time I called. Exact date and time. And I kept track of every email I ever sent. That way if they ever try and say "Oh he never got in contact with me", you have the proof that you did. They can't say much if you say I tried calling you on this, this and this date at these exact times. I'm sure all those calls are still in your call log. I know exactly what you're going through because I went through the same thing. Just stay persistent but stay polite. You're almost done dealing with them.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I would focus a lot on truck positions in each building type and their tool assignments. (I believe chap 16). Not only will this be on tests but it's also invaluable knowledge to have. Knowing exactly where you're going, what tools you're taking and what your job is without having to think about it will make you a step ahead of everyone else. I would also know for engine ops what companies stretch lines and where these lines are stretched to and their goals. (protecting exposures, protecting open stairs, etc)

And basically just everything else too
    Any particular reason why the online 8 week study guide reading assignment is all over the place ?

Forum Member

Any particular reason why the online 8 week study guide reading assignment is all over the place ?
    Cause it's all over the place in the academy. You'll go through nearly the entire manual in the first 2 weeks. Do the study guide. It can't hurt.
    NycQ83 and Jackooze like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Cause it's all over the place in the academy. You'll go through nearly the entire manual in the first 2 weeks. Do the study guide. It can't hurt.
    What is this 8 week study program you guys are talking about? I don't think I've ever seen it. Please link!
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

What is this 8 week study program you guys are talking about? I don't think I've ever seen it. Please link!
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...tudy_guide.pdf
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I believe this is everything I brought with me to my investigation. No one ever gets everything on the first shot. There's always something wrong with something. Bring all of these and you should be in a good spot. Good luck.

SS card (original)
    HS diploma (original)
    Birth Certificate (original or certified copy)
    W2 forms 2007-2012
    Bank Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    Credit Card Statements for the residency period (June 2010- July 2011)
    college transcript (still in the sealed envelope DONT BREAK THE SEAL. You may be required to have transcript mailed directly to Metrotech)
    NYS drivers abstract
    one recent pay stub (optional)
    5 year (2007-2011 since 2012 wasnt ready yet) detailed earning statement from the ss office ($25)
    $75 money order
    Any mail sent to your house in the last 60 days (previous to your investigation) to prove you still live where you live.
    a copy of the 1 summons I received & a disposition from the court (If applicable)
    Three references that are NOT family and NOT affiliated with the FDNY (they send mail to these people to attest to your good character)

the 5 year earning statement can only be obtained in person at a SS office? Not online?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

RE: earning statement
    filed for mine online/via snail mail. download the form and send it in. Im hoping, since it is far enough in advance, that i will get it before the intake date. I want as few documents missing as possible, but if not I'll wait it out and use the in person method as a backup. sometimes the SS office waiting rooms can be a nightmare
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

filed for mine online/via snail mail. download the form and send it in. Im hoping, since it is far enough in advance, that i will get it before the intake date. I want as few documents missing as possible, but if not I'll wait it out and use the in person method as a backup. sometimes the SS office waiting rooms can be a nightmare
    Mailed mine to the SS office in November. Investigator just got this month. Ya really have to love government agencies.

Forum Member

I found it much simpler to go to a social security office and attain the papers. I went during the week, arrived probably 15 minutes early and waited on line till they opened (9/930). I was in and out in under 20 minutes, just make sure you have the money order/check for $102 and it should be a breeze. I went to the location in upper manhattan, 183rd Street and Broadway.

Forum Member

Just go to the office. I hear that waiting for the Earning Statement by mail could take something 4-6 months. Take the hour of waiting at the office and at least you'll have it in your hand. I went to the Staten Island office on Richmond avenue. They open at 9, I was there at 8:30 and I was walking out of the place with the paper work in my hand at 9:30. Then at least I could check that off, I had it and I didn't have to wonder when/if I would get the paper work in time in the mail.

Forum Member

I was going to drop a great idea but the last two guys here already did it! Hahaha. Go to the social services bldg locally to you and get a list of all the jobs you have worked since you were 18. I think it was $15 for every 5 or 10 years when I did it. Now you have a complete list, and dates, of where and when you worked. Not really a big deal for the early 20's guy, but I did it when I was 32. There were a lot of jobs I didn't even remember I had! I called up a few to ask if they even remembered me, and apparently most companies purge their records after 8 years. So many didn't know who I was... but the govt does. So it doesn't matter if they remember you or not (you're not asking for a reference anyway), you will have a complete list of where you worked.

Good luck guys. Dealing with the investigators is a major headache.

Oh yeah, have they given the psychological test yet? If not then I have a few tips for that.

Forum Member

I definitely have to agree with everyone else, as far as going to the SS office. I was dreading the wait I was going to have to endure at the downtown Brooklyn office. But it turned out I was outta there in about 45 minutes. What I wasnt expecting was the sting of having to cough up 102 dollars, for a "document" that looked no better than the paper I use to wipe my butt with.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

Nice. Thanks for the advice guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYCTruckie View Post
    I was going to drop a great idea but the last two guys here already did it! Hahaha. Go to the social services bldg locally to you and get a list of all the jobs you have worked since you were 18. I think it was $15 for every 5 or 10 years when I did it. Now you have a complete list, and dates, of where and when you worked. Not really a big deal for the early 20's guy, but I did it when I was 32. There were a lot of jobs I didn't even remember I had! I called up a few to ask if they even remembered me, and apparently most companies purge their records after 8 years. So many didn't know who I was... but the govt does. So it doesn't matter if they remember you or not (you're not asking for a reference anyway), you will have a complete list of where you worked.

Good luck guys. Dealing with the investigators is a major headache.

Oh yeah, have they given the psychological test yet? If not then I have a few tips for that.
    Unfortunately it's a flat fee of like $102. It was implemented in the beginning of this year. I remember the days when it was only $5 per year. It's all about fleecing the citizens nowadays. Very sad.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

In regards to the medical, is there any documentation that we need to bring in?
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    In regards to the medical, is there any documentation that we need to bring in?
    I remember sending them vaccinations

Thread Information