Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 820 of 1197 FirstFirst ... 320720770810817818819820821822823830870920 ... LastLast
Results 16,381 to 16,400 of 23939
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thats funny that we all are having similar internal debates about running in this weather. I left the house last night decked out to run, walked halfway down the block and almost turned around and went home. I decided I was being a sissy and forced myself to run over the triboro. Probably should've listened to my spider sense as right near the top of the bridge I slipped and fell flat on my @$$. Thankfully thats what your @$$ is for and I was fine but obviously it coulda been much worse. I decided to turn around and make it a stair day haha. But lesson learned, if its icey and dark dont risk it.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

At this point in the game I try to schedule my work outs to avoid crappy days like yesterday. Besides potentially falling you also risk overcompensating in one way or another to avoid slipping. I know when I run in conditions like yesterday my stride changes and the next morning I have a nagging injury that won't go away for weeks. Anyways I'm probably looking at the summer class so I don't think I should be too concerned with running into black ice at the academy in the middle of July lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Haha I walked outside last night and was about ready to go back inside and do stairs instead, but I forced myself through a run just to get it in. I figured the next few days when it's gonna be in the 20s I would just substitute runs with stairs in the mean time. But last night I took my time, went slow-ish, and kept my eyes peeled for ice. Luckily the bulk of my run is usually on a flat cement path around two long rectangular patches of grass, which was free of ice last night. Everywhere else as a gamble though haha. I've never been good with running in the cold so I'm trying to train myself now just to be prepared incase of January, so it doesn't kill me when it matters.

Forum Member

The temperature doesn't bother me at all, wool socks and under Armour do the job I'm just worried about the ice. It looks like my running route will be fully ice free by Thursday. It's in an area that gets a lot of shade so it takes longer to melt. It hasn't set me back too much, just an extra off day this week.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Hey dude i accidently deleted the PDF of the manual..i tried o revisit the link to redownload it but it says its been moved or deleted..can you please give it to me somehow, possibly by email? Thanks man, appreciate it
    Here you go, I accidentally moved the file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owd3tej1ro...Y%20MANUAL.pdf
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

So does anybody know what time of day probie school actually starts? And what time the day is over?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Well hello all. 1st time putting a response on the thread but have been following since day 1. Want to give thanks to everyone who has shared so much insight and info. And congrats to all of this years academy graduates. Hopefully I'm in this next class

Forum Member

did we get any physical fitness numbers for this recent class?

what about the valedictorian, what is the usual average that person graduates with? What do most people graduate with?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    So does anybody know what time of day probie school actually starts? And what time the day is over?
    I believe there are two start and end times.

The early class roll call would be around 6:50am, and be out by 4 ish?

The later class roll call would be arouind 7:40am. and be out around 5ish?

I think MM or Fwnt2b could answer that more precisely but I would say these times are pretty close to what you would be looking at. Long days it seems lol.

Edit: And has anyone stumbled upon the July class Family day video? Those videos get me hyped up

Forum Member

Get there an hour before road call is a must, and 4:30pm, and around 6pm for dismissal for the later shift. These times vary depending on what is happening, could be later......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by infolet333 View Post
    0 dark 30. And when it's done.
    dwm326 likes this.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

Mtk, share them here

Forum Member

thx for all the responses guys. trust me. you guys know more than me. i just know way too many cop friends and port authority etc... adn they had to go through similar acadmies. maybe fd is harder but it cant be that much harder. They breezed through their academies. yea it was difficult but none of them trained like im reading some ppl do on this forum. All i'm saying is my motto will be incorporating swimming, jumoing jacks, incline walking, bike riding along with a lil bit of running. better on my knees. anyone else share this same school of thought? granted, i admit as soon as i get my run letter i will be running outside and for more than 1.7 miles to make sure i beat the time.
    List 20##
    Score 101

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    thx for all the responses guys. trust me. you guys know more than me. i just know way too many cop friends and port authority etc... adn they had to go through similar acadmies. maybe fd is harder but it cant be that much harder. They breezed through their academies. yea it was difficult but none of them trained like im reading some ppl do on this forum. All i'm saying is my motto will be incorporating swimming, jumoing jacks, incline walking, bike riding along with a lil bit of running. better on my knees. anyone else share this same school of thought? granted, i admit as soon as i get my run letter i will be running outside and for more than 1.7 miles to make sure i beat the time.
    I have law enforcement friends as well and they told me their academy is a joke compared to Fdny fire academy ..... Don't wait for the letter to come as the letter just shows up days Before the run

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    You get the run letter like 2 weeks before the actual run. Good luck with this, I feel like these posts are just a joke.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone get an email from fdny recruiter newsletter talking about the automated fdny phone bank messaging system?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Anyone get an email from fdny recruiter newsletter talking about the automated fdny phone bank messaging system?
    I got that same exact email. It says they only call you, you cant call the number back, make sure you guys have your ringer on lol
    Medic2312 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Mtk, share them here
    Well when I said the family day videos I meant, the ONE video I've seen haha. But the one I was referencing is here. Watch this before you go to the gym, it works wonders!;

http://vimeo.com/67417542

Forum Member

Anyone in the Williamsburg/ green point area up for a long run this Friday or Saturday early morning assuming the ice has melted and the danger of sustaining a pelvic fracture is significantly reduced.

Forum Member

Is there a fee for the 5 year earnings statement when you go to the SS office? I know for the court it's $10 cash. Trying to get everything done in one shot tomorrow.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Thread Information