Like Tree11240Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Just received this exact information from my mentor via email. Seems that this is 100% confirmed.
    If that's 100% confirmed then I guess all of us below 900 are screwed lol
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    I would assume physical exhaustion will be the problem. Weather can come into play obviously depending on time of year.

Forum Member

I think you're gonna have at least one giant bag to carry with you to and from the academy. I wouldn't bike there. Another reason is that we've been hearing how physically demanding the academy is day and day out. Do you really want to ride your bike home, with you big bag(s), after a long day at the rock? I would not lol
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    If that's 100% confirmed then I guess all of us below 900 are screwed lol
    I am same boat as you
    JDNY13 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Below 900 aren't screwed. It's still early. That range is a poor guess on where the list numbers called for the class will end. Still hoping the list goes a little bit deeper for this class

Forum Member

Below 900 aren't screwed. It's still early. That range is a poor guess on where the list numbers called for the class will end. Still hoping the list goes a little bit deeper for this class
    Haha obviously were not screwed I was just poking fun that mentors are saying 900-1400 are getting called and people saying it's confirmed, mean while there a bunch below 900 who haven't been called yet I have a feeling it's going to go a lil deeper
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

No one bikes there. Besides the days being extremely grueling the bag you have to carry in gets really heavy. Also you're wearing a uniform that would probably get dirty if you rode over a puddle or mud. It's just a bad idea, if you live that close find someone once you get put into squads to pick you up on the way in
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Good idea. Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Spoke to my friend last night who's a Lt and mentor, he confirmed 3 classes a yr.

He also asked if I got contacted yet, I said no I'm 46xx, so it probably won't be for at least a year or more. He said no it will be much sooner, start your pushups now.
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.
    FD, have you seen they are doing a class every 20 weeks in NYC budget council?. U hear anything else about this or rumors around the fire dept? I guess nothing is ever certain, but if they are looking to fill vacant spots, they need to be more aggressive in class schedule... What do u think? Thanks, man

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    I was really hoping I'd be one of the last guys into this Julys class being I'm done with everything those hopes are now crushed lol
    I wouldnt worry too much, like many people have said, nothing is really confirmed, especially when their saying 900-1400 have a shot at the class. Thats a wide range so obviously its not exact nor definite.

I know there is time for things to change but would you say those run days and starting date are confirmed at this moment? I always thought the run was 2 weeks prior to the class, not a month before. Thanks

Forum Member

Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.

Forum Member

Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.
    wait so is the run dates that were mentioned were for run letters or the actual dates of the run?

Forum Member

Maybe those rumored run dates are the dates the run letters are going out and not the actual run dates.

Forum Member

any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Like I said earlier, mine was a real low turnout. I went business casual as did half of the others. The rest wore jeans and tee or workout clothes or whatever. I'd recommend the former...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    I wen Biz Casual, I would say half of the others did the same. Some did polo shirt and jeans, the rest went t-shirt and whatever. I would highly recommend biz casual. Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone. BUT you do not need to be there extremely early. I was there at 9:10 for my 10am appointment and they were not ready for a bunch of us. They made us hang around for maybe 10 minutes until they started doing check-ins. If you're in the building by 9:30, you're good.
    vekdoggs75 and Medic2312 like this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Forum Member

OK. The way he said it made it seemed like it was confirmed. Said something like "oh yeah, they're definitely doing that". It was at a social event, so it may have been the drinks talking lol.

Forum Member

There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    What vaccination records are they looking for? From birth?
    I'm missing vaccinations, I remember I was missing some and my doc just signed for them and I never got them lol. Is this fixable. I guess I can just get them now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone.
    This makes me very happy.

OAK
    Forum Member

Default Sprints

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.
    I'm down, let me know when. I'll meet u at FHHS.

Forum Member

Earlier runs? I thought the run was a one shot deal. Fail and you're out. No?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Earlier runs? I thought the run was a one shot deal. Fail and you're out. No?
    Yea it's fail and your out. He's referring to the next wave of runners would be to fill The void of the failures

Thread Information