Like Tree11240Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #20526
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    526

    Default

    anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

    from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  2. #20527
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Just received this exact information from my mentor via email. Seems that this is 100% confirmed.
    If that's 100% confirmed then I guess all of us below 900 are screwed lol
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

  3. #20528
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

    from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    I would assume physical exhaustion will be the problem. Weather can come into play obviously depending on time of year.

  4. #20529
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

    from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    I think you're gonna have at least one giant bag to carry with you to and from the academy. I wouldn't bike there. Another reason is that we've been hearing how physically demanding the academy is day and day out. Do you really want to ride your bike home, with you big bag(s), after a long day at the rock? I would not lol
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  5. #20530
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    If that's 100% confirmed then I guess all of us below 900 are screwed lol
    I am same boat as you
    JDNY13 likes this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  6. #20531
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Below 900 aren't screwed. It's still early. That range is a poor guess on where the list numbers called for the class will end. Still hoping the list goes a little bit deeper for this class

  7. #20532
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Below 900 aren't screwed. It's still early. That range is a poor guess on where the list numbers called for the class will end. Still hoping the list goes a little bit deeper for this class
    Haha obviously were not screwed I was just poking fun that mentors are saying 900-1400 are getting called and people saying it's confirmed, mean while there a bunch below 900 who haven't been called yet I have a feeling it's going to go a lil deeper
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

  8. #20533
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    anyone ever bike to the academy? or is the weather, physical exhaustion, bike parking a problem?

    from my apt it is either a 5min car ride, with no traffic or a 17min bike ride. I don't own either but would rent/buy accordingly if I got in to the rock
    No one bikes there. Besides the days being extremely grueling the bag you have to carry in gets really heavy. Also you're wearing a uniform that would probably get dirty if you rode over a puddle or mud. It's just a bad idea, if you live that close find someone once you get put into squads to pick you up on the way in
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

  9. #20534
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Good idea. Thanks

  10. #20535
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Spoke to my friend last night who's a Lt and mentor, he confirmed 3 classes a yr.

    He also asked if I got contacted yet, I said no I'm 46xx, so it probably won't be for at least a year or more. He said no it will be much sooner, start your pushups now.
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.

  11. #20536
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.
    FD, have you seen they are doing a class every 20 weeks in NYC budget council?. U hear anything else about this or rumors around the fire dept? I guess nothing is ever certain, but if they are looking to fill vacant spots, they need to be more aggressive in class schedule... What do u think? Thanks, man

  12. #20537
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    I was really hoping I'd be one of the last guys into this Julys class being I'm done with everything those hopes are now crushed lol
    I wouldnt worry too much, like many people have said, nothing is really confirmed, especially when their saying 900-1400 have a shot at the class. Thats a wide range so obviously its not exact nor definite.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.
    I know there is time for things to change but would you say those run days and starting date are confirmed at this moment? I always thought the run was 2 weeks prior to the class, not a month before. Thanks

  13. #20538
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.

  14. #20539
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.
    wait so is the run dates that were mentioned were for run letters or the actual dates of the run?

  15. #20540
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Maybe those rumored run dates are the dates the run letters are going out and not the actual run dates.

  16. #20541
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

  17. #20542
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    Like I said earlier, mine was a real low turnout. I went business casual as did half of the others. The rest wore jeans and tee or workout clothes or whatever. I'd recommend the former...

  18. #20543
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    any dress code for the mentor information session at the Rock? Business casual i'm assuming.
    I wen Biz Casual, I would say half of the others did the same. Some did polo shirt and jeans, the rest went t-shirt and whatever. I would highly recommend biz casual. Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone. BUT you do not need to be there extremely early. I was there at 9:10 for my 10am appointment and they were not ready for a bunch of us. They made us hang around for maybe 10 minutes until they started doing check-ins. If you're in the building by 9:30, you're good.
    vekdoggs75 and Medic2312 like this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

  19. #20544
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    207

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I'm a mentor.....that doesn't mean we have any more info than anyone else. There is NO confirmation of three classes a year.
    OK. The way he said it made it seemed like it was confirmed. Said something like "oh yeah, they're definitely doing that". It was at a social event, so it may have been the drinks talking lol.

  20. #20545
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.

  21. #20546
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    What vaccination records are they looking for? From birth?
    I'm missing vaccinations, I remember I was missing some and my doc just signed for them and I never got them lol. Is this fixable. I guess I can just get them now.

  22. #20547
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Whatever you do, DO NOT show up late. Lt. Morgan made everyone in the auditorium stand up and give a round of applause to anyone who came in late and made them answer some uncomfortable questions in front of everyone.
    This makes me very happy.

  23. #20548
    OAK
    OAK is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default Sprints

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    There is a relatively new (1-2years)SS office In Bensonhurst/Bath Bath area.
    1 block from the D train, 79th Stop near neutreught high a school which has a tracks, not sure if you are officially allowed to to use it.
    If any one want to see a muscular + fat guy get get gassed and look stupid, I will meet up with you there or drive you to bayridge at Fort Hamilton Hifh school and we can time each each other. Please don't be weird. Guess that's out of your control.
    Anyway who wants to start running sprints or whatever at these places with me and my friend? Sprints are better because running will be more like you running by your self with me behind. Lol I drive and will drive you to the train or a reasonable distance.
    I'm down, let me know when. I'll meet u at FHHS.

  24. #20549
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Run notification has been anywhere from a week or two prior to the run to two days before the run. Typically is several days with the sweet spot, depending on the list number, about 8-10 days in advance of the run. Keep in mind the later groups that run may be based on failures from earlier runs.
    Earlier runs? I thought the run was a one shot deal. Fail and you're out. No?

  25. #20550
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Earlier runs? I thought the run was a one shot deal. Fail and you're out. No?
    Yea it's fail and your out. He's referring to the next wave of runners would be to fill The void of the failures

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 60 users browsing this thread. (16 members and 44 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. Bassjunkie06,
  3. BD1017,
  4. bklynfd,
  5. DFDNY444,
  6. ireedmymail,
  7. jburk1,
  8. k20dc2,
  9. loconights,
  10. Matador611,
  11. NYCTraditions,
  12. NYgrad2012,
  13. Ravendmb1,
  14. SGD1028,
  15. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register