Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 823 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 323723773813820821822823824825826833873923 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,460 of 22841
Like Tree8974Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Thanks for all the info on how to get a letter notarized guys, I really appreciate it!
    I might be forgetting something but I don't remember actually needing anything notorized for FDNY.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I might be forgetting something but I don't remember actually needing anything notorized for FDNY.
    I can't remember exactly what needed to be notarized, but there is something that does. I brought it to a spot like 2 streets over from my work and it only cost like $5.00 or something.

Forum Member

Any letters of support have to be notarized. I have become quite knowledgeable w/ the notary system over the years.

Forum Member

Yeah, well, when your landlord is an old war-buddy, you lived with your mom between the time you graduated high school and the time you went to college, and your current occupation is a full-time student and your only means of support is the GI Bill; notaries become your bff.

Forum Member

Anybody get the chief? There was an article posted about Wendy Tapia and how she failed 3 times as opposed to the NY Post's 5 times. Interesting read.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Anybody get the chief? There was an article posted about Wendy Tapia and how she failed 3 times as opposed to the NY Post's 5 times. Interesting read.
    Copy & Paste?

Forum Member

She failed more than once nontheless.

Forum Member

Damn stairs are fun with a weight vest, you get in some weird trance while climbing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Yeah I was gonna bring that up. Are you guys really running with the possibility of ice on the floor? I feel like that's way too risky. An injury at this point is game changing, I don't think it's worth the risk. I supplemented for running with stairs today. How do you guys feel about it?

Made it 70 floors up on the stair master with 50lbs on. I'm comin for you Gianni, haha.
    I've been planning on running, but constantly putting it off due to the current weather conditions. As a substitute for running, I go to gym with my 60 LB vest and do the stairmaster, which in my opinion can be a very challenging and good workout. I passed the stairs for FDNY, but I still like to do a stairmaster workout.

Not to sound like a sissy, but I don't want to run in this weather. #1) slip and fall risk, and #2) this is perfect get sick weather, and the last thing I need is to get sick for the holidays when I've been so excited to get Christmas off, and also the last thing I need is to get sick and not be able to workout.

Im expecting to be in the july class, which would give me plenty of time to start running around march when the weather lightens up abit.

Once I already get in academy, i'll run in whatever weather at the academy, but im not going to mess myself up running in this weather now and hurt my chances of getting into academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmarq View Post
    Hey guys I know I don't post here regularly, I just come here for info.

But I bought a weighted vest from weightiest.com the 50 lb one with the 25 lb attachment, honestly I used it once and I have a sweater on. I spent about $300 on it and would be willing to let it go for $200 cash. Figured someone on here could get some use out of it rather than it sit and collect dust. It's the V-force model FYI. Also I would prefer for you to pick it up, as shipping for this beast would be utterly expensive. (I live in Staten Island)

Message me if your interested guys!

Thanks!
    you got ripped off big time. I know weighted vests can be expensive, especially when ordered online because shipping itself can cost as much as the vest.. I shopped around a lot online, and I found a 60 pound vest on ebay for $90, free shipping. So all I spent was $90 total for a 60 LB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    thx for all the responses guys. trust me. you guys know more than me. i just know way too many cop friends and port authority etc... adn they had to go through similar acadmies. maybe fd is harder but it cant be that much harder. They breezed through their academies. yea it was difficult but none of them trained like im reading some ppl do on this forum. All i'm saying is my motto will be incorporating swimming, jumoing jacks, incline walking, bike riding along with a lil bit of running. better on my knees. anyone else share this same school of thought? granted, i admit as soon as i get my run letter i will be running outside and for more than 1.7 miles to make sure i beat the time.
    If 60 people dropped out of the last FDNY academy, I'd believe that its a very hard academy and nothing like law enforcement academies. Law enforcement academies stress a lot of book work, which can be easy if you have good studying skills and are a good student, FDNY stresses physical fitness more than anything.

I'm going to go into the FDNY academy preparing and expecting it to be the hardest thing I've ever experienced in my life. If its not as hard as I expect, than good, I over prepared, and if its even harder than I expect, than atleast I know I gave it all 110%.

Forum Member

I got bad news for anyone who hope to run outside. This temperature will stay in 30s and below for the rest of week and possibly next week. It will only warmup for a snow storm that will come on Saturday and then freeze back up on Monday.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

Good Morning my good brothers! Please don't let these cold climates deter you from running outside. Throw a under armour or thermal on underneath a shirt and a hoodie and you'll be good to go! Dedication, discipline and determination hopefully will equate to your success.

Eligible List No. 17**
    Exam No. 2000
    Packet Received!
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

Motivation. 14 Cold Weather Safety Tips
    http://running.about.com/od/safetywe...thersafety.htm

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Motivation. 14 Cold Weather Safety Tips
    http://running.about.com/od/safetywe...thersafety.htm
    Great link and useful info, thanks for sharing that man

Forum Member

nothing like wanting to throw up during most of your morning workout :thumbs up:

hate working out before work

Forum Member

I've been out running a few times this week. Your pace may not be the same but getting a long run in to get your body used to the distance is still good for you. Under armour shirt pants and gloves are your friend. Stay warm.

Forum Member

Still running too in this cold... Sucks while doing it but payoff is worth it IMO. Have to be extra careful with the ice at night but just be sharp and pay attention to what you are doing... Glad to see others are doing the same... Was sick and rundown for over a week but my nightly workouts ( run and gym) have actually made me feel better. Just trying to be ready for anything, when I'm not in the mood to workout I just go on here and realize everything is so close!

Be safe on those runs!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Good Morning my good brothers! Please don't let these cold climates deter you from running outside. Throw a under armour or thermal on underneath a shirt and a hoodie and you'll be good to go! Dedication, discipline and determination hopefully will equate to your success.

Eligible List No. 17**
    Exam No. 2000
    Packet Received!
    Congrats buddy!
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

The right clothing and you'll be fine out there.

No other academy comes close to being as tough as Fdny. Nypd academy is a joke. I would in no way compare the two.

As far as the recycles...the medical you take is only good for a year. So depending on when these people dropped out and under what circumstances their medical will be expire by the January class. So unless they made the effort to push their investigator for another one or the dept is doing them now I imagine there will be several that won't be able to make January cuz they won't have medical clearence.
    River6019 likes this.

Thread Information