Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 828 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 328728778818825826827828829830831838878928 ... LastLast
Results 16,541 to 16,560 of 23159
Like Tree9078Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fdnyman View Post
    Congrats to all waiting on their run letters and the ones who are starting the process.

PH can recycle.

Remedial is not only for academics. You can be place in remedial for FST and Hands- on. So don't say you won't be place in remedial you never know.

"Not on a outstanding certification" = waiting on run letter.

When you first get that book, start reading it. 12 quiz and a final.
    Looking forwarded to seeing you guys in the field good luck...
    so PH can Recycle on the failing grades? If they fail again, can they recycle again??

Also if some PH recycle then that means they cant hire the other ph yet that didnt get their 1st try at the academy?

I thought the rule was there had to be some percentage,,,, unless they are rewriting their own rule book....

How about Mark cohen in the post today!! whats a couple mil on taxpayer money for these guys to recycle again? SMH
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Congrats to all waiting on their run letters and the ones who are starting the process.

PH can recycle.

Remedial is not only for academics. You can be place in remedial for FST and Hands- on. So don't say you won't be place in remedial you never know.

whether it be PH, OC, or EMS, can a guy who failed at the end or final (whatever the reason at the end of the academy he/she got kicked out for) can they recycle?

Forum Member

PH can recycle.

So does that "not outstanding certification" mean that the FDNY is done with its hiring process for the candidate (other then the run) and just waiting for DCAS to process that information?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    They are busy celebrating Kwanza
    You really have no concept of the world outside of the racist bubble of corrections, do you?

What you so eloquently fail to realize is, is that everytime you post one of these seemingly "innocent" comments, you provide ammunition for organizations such as the Vulcan Society to "prove" the underlying racist culture of the FDNY. So I beg of you, please stop posting any of the ignorant thoughts that find their way from your head to your fingers. I really don't feel like like watching my lifelong dream taken away from me due to another lawsuit that uses your ignorant comments to justify it.

I don't expect you to stop being a racist, but I do expect you to ackowledge when enough is enough and stop leaving the rest of us as easy targets to more bogus proceedings.
    Last edited by dwm326; 12-16-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    NycQ83 and Gheech like this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    so PH can Recycle on the failing grades? If they fail again, can they recycle again??

Also if some PH recycle then that means they cant hire the other ph yet that didnt get their 1st try at the academy?

I thought the rule was there had to be some percentage,,,, unless they are rewriting their own rule book....

How about Mark cohen in the post today!! whats a couple mil on taxpayer money for these guys to recycle again? SMH
    How about this ****? http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...da_berkman.php

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    You really have no concept of the world outside of the racist bubble of corrections, do you?

What you so eloquently fail to realize is, is that everytime you post one of these seemingly "innocent" comments, you provide ammunition for organizations such as the Vulcan Society to "prove" the underlying racist culture of the FDNY. So I beg of you, please stop posting any of the ignorant thoughts that find their way from your head to your fingers. I really don't feel like like watching my lifelong dream taken away from me due to another lawsuit that uses your ignorant comments to justify it.

I don't expect you to stop being a racist, but I do expect you to ackowledge when enough is enough and stop leaving the rest of us as easy targets to more bogus proceedings.
    Calm down, it was just a joke, nothing racist about it.

The other form member replied they are busy celebrating diversity, nobody jumped on him.. and since its holiday season and they are moving slow, I made an innocent joke. relax!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I really hope everyone on here and wherever else who wants this job as bad as I do gets on ASAP before someone else sues and another lawsuit stops hiring because it's coming....
    vekdoggs75 and FuDsNmYc like this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Exactly lol. Dude is a sh1tbag and will probably be put in his place when he gets to the Academy for the stuff he says
    dude, come to my job and work there a month, and you'll change your viewpoints.

And no im not racist, and calm down, I made an innocent joke.

2nd off, when I went to the rock for the CPAT training, I heard PLENTY of people making comments about the PH's and stuff, and nobody was calling them racist.

Forum Member

Calm down, it was just a joke, nothing racist about it.

The other form member replied they are busy celebrating diversity, nobody jumped on him.. and since its holiday season and they are moving slow, I made an innocent joke. relax!
    I understand the other forum member said "celebrating diversity", and that wasn't exactly right either. But I base things off of a pattern and you said it yourself, "I made an innocent joke", some people don't view that as an innocent joke.

The whole "point" of the Vulcan lawsuit was that there was an undercurrent of racism in the "stubborn white bastion" that is the FDNY . If you can't conclude why your comments are more than an "innocent joke", then maybe you need to re-evaluate your sense of humor.

So to acknowledge your request, no, I won't relax. I won't relax when there are literally thousands of candidates screwed over because of a lawsuit rooted in proving racism through "innocent jokes."

Have you see the Daily News or the Post recently? Because I would be willing to bet my salary that there are articles about the "disparate impact" that past firehouse culture has had on minorities and women. Whether or not you find validity in these arguments, doesn't make them go away! Your ignorance and the ignorance of a few has a serious impact on how the rest of us are perceived.

KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF!
    Medic2312 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

Just Sickening where is our JUSTICE... Where is the JUSTINCE for 6019!!! the ONLY people who got screwed and didnt get the same chances these morons did

Forum Member

I'm not denying that your job has had an impact on your outlook on things, that doesn't excuse you from publicly acknowledging it.

To use the "other people are doing it too" excuse makes you sound more like a child in my wife's kindergarten class than a grown man who is a corrections officer.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    I understand the other forum member said "celebrating diversity", and that wasn't exactly right either. But I base things off of a pattern and you said it yourself, "I made an innocent joke", some people don't view that as an innocent joke.

The whole "point" of the Vulcan lawsuit was that there was an undercurrent of racism in the "stubborn white bastion" that is the FDNY . If you can't conclude why your comments are more than an "innocent joke", then maybe you need to re-evaluate your sense of humor.

So to acknowledge your request, no, I won't relax. I won't relax when there are literally thousands of candidates screwed over because of a lawsuit rooted in proving racism through "innocent jokes."

Have you see the Daily News or the Post recently? Because I would be willing to bet my salary that there are articles about the "disparate impact" that past firehouse culture has had on minorities and women. Whether or not you find validity in these arguments, doesn't make them go away! Your ignorance and the ignorance of a few has a serious impact on how the rest of us are perceived.

KEEP YOUR IGNORANCE TO YOURSELF!
    Its not ignorance. Its fact. I took a test fair and square, and was passed up due to race.. If im abit frustrated by it then excuse me.

And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all.

Forum Member

Its not ignorance. Its fact. I took a test fair and square, and was passed up due to race.. If im abit frustrated by it then excuse me.

And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all.
    Dude, I feel like people would've given you the benefit of the doubt if not for some of your earlier statements (you've since deleted). Theres thousands of us that have been screwed by this process for the last 6 years, you aren't the only one. You are the only one making sweeping generalizations about entire groups of people.

Be mad at the Vulcans and judge Garaufis, dont use this situation to justify or foster animosity towards any group of people.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Yeah I was anticipating a ridiculous response. Seeing how this is real life and I'm not 20 years old still in college...I do have responsibilities. So thank you for the info, its much appreciated!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    is this the part where someone jumps down your throat and says money shouldn't matter...and that you should want to do it for free?

Your looking at approx $1,000 every 2 weeks after taxes. Give or take depending on how many dependants you claim, how much you put into 457/401, what's tier you are hired under etc

Yeah I was anticipating a ridiculous response. Seeing how this is real life and I'm not 20 years old still in college...I do have responsibilities. So thank you for the info, its much appreciated!

Forum Member

You are quite possibly one of the densest people I've ever interacted with; coming from a Marine, that should tell you something.

Is it unfair that you had to sit through a crappy situation like a good chunk of us during the last few years? Absolutely, and nobody can take that away from you. But, that in no way shape or form, gives you the right to somehow link your racist ramblings to the frustration that all of us collectively went through. You're not the only one that was dealt a bad hand, but you seem to relish in the opportunity to pass blame on everyone that you deem "responsible" for your plight in life.

"And on top of that, when I finally did get called for my chance to get in, my investigator is just really not helpful at all." -This sounds like something a child who didn't get what they want says out of immature frustration.

If this is a window into you as a man, I hope you get passed over a second time. As far as I'm concerned, the FDNY doesn't need anymore people who blame others for their shortcomings.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Anyone registered for cpat orientation training at Randall's island for January 7th?

Forum Member

You along with mostly every other candidate that is currently in the hiring process. You should be grateful that you're as far along as you are. I wish I had your "problem".
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Corrections officers = perps with pistols. Inmates watching the inmates
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Lol "perps with postols." karma

Thread Information