Like Tree9618Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks. I guess I'm good then. I have my tax forms plus debit card print outs. I already paid for printing in the envelopes rather than risk them disappearing.

Forum Member

Saw a proby in bunker gear with duct tape all over it. Lucky guy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    For the class that's entering the academy in July, does anyone know about how far down the list they went?
    720 I believe

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Would any of you guys OTJ or in Probie School now recommend throwing in one day of heavy lifting per week? I feel like I've neglected it, but it seems like something like FST might require both that heavy lifting strength/muscle endurance to keep moving.
    It's all relative. I wouldn't neglect some lifting but I also wouldn't prioritize it. I remember having one lifting day where I focused on more weight with less reps but I only focused on squats / leg press and benching. Which sorta leads into my next response ;

Quote Originally Posted by antmdog View Post
    With respect to this question - I'm curious how guys in/done with the academy feel about the physical preparation they did for it.

I.e are you satisfied with how you prepared? Anything specific you wish you did differently or feel you neglected in your training (more sprints/lifting/distance running/stairs etc).

I'm kind of approaching it like the CPAT manual suggests with respect to cardio - distance 3 days a week, intervals 2 days, lifting 5. I think this is a reasonable approach, but wouldn't mind hearing successes/mistakes people with academy experience feel they made with their training for it.
    The thing about this is that it heavily depends on the person. You will definitely not go wrong if you follow that schedule but I would throw some p90x or insanity in there also. I'll use myself as an example I guess. I'm a smaller guy and in no way in contention for the best FST time or most push ups or anything but I get busy I knew being a smaller guy I would need to focus on bringing up my strength but I also knew how important it was to keep my workouts at a high intensity level. I chose to favor the HIIT stuff and now I kinda wish I worked a little more on my strength beforehand. My best advice would be to focus on what you suck at the most (running, high intensity workouts like p90x or strength training) but don't exclude the other stuff. You want to be a mix of them all with maybe a little more emphasis on strength. Just my opinion though...

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Saw a proby in bunker gear with duct tape all over it. Lucky guy
    ehhh I wouldn't say he's so lucky.... He's bravo....nasty!

Hah yeah man our gear is top quality huh?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hah yeah man our gear is top quality huh?
    4 more weeks and the loaner stuff will all seem like a bad dream. The boots are really the best part.
    Mtk123, JDNY13 and Ilovemymask like this.

Forum Member

Mtk123 you keep saying you're a smaller guy.
    What is your height and weight and best guess at bf%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    The thing about this is that it heavily depends on the person. You will definitely not go wrong if you follow that schedule but I would throw some p90x or insanity in there also. I'll use myself as an example I guess. I'm a smaller guy and in no way in contention for the best FST time or most push ups or anything but I get busy I knew being a smaller guy I would need to focus on bringing up my strength but I also knew how important it was to keep my workouts at a high intensity level. I chose to favor the HIIT stuff and now I kinda wish I worked a little more on my strength beforehand. My best advice would be to focus on what you suck at the most (running, high intensity workouts like p90x or strength training) but don't exclude the other stuff. You want to be a mix of them all with maybe a little more emphasis on strength. Just my opinion though...
    Hmm yeah this makes sense. I suppose I'm the opposite. As kind of a bigger guy, the distance runs are really getting bothersome on the joints lol ;\
    Thanks for the response

Forum Member

MTK when you say HIT instead of strength what do you mean? I only know about Hypertrophy and BA strength training.

Forum Member

Meant Hypertrophy VS strength. I don't know how to edit from my phone sorry.

Forum Member

High Impact Training ie intervals

Forum Member

HIIT: High Intensity Interval Training

Forum Member

Regardless of whether or not any of you ever plan on doing a Spartan Race, I recommend signing up for their WOD (Workout of the Day) email blasts. A lot of good HIIT stuff involving running and calisthenics, and most of the time all you need is a pair of running shoes.
    NycQ83, test2000 and JDNY13 like this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

CID contacted me, someone different than my investigator, they're reviewing my file for the July class. Just a word of warning for people. For credit card statements they want all the pages. They may not accept my AMEX statements because I didn't have all the pages for each monthly statement, I figured the first two pages with my address, name, and total charges would be suffice. The person I spoke to is going to check with their superior. I have other paperwork and I'm going to get my tax return transcripts just to have even more info. But low 1100's and my file is in review for the July class.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    CID contacted me, someone different than my investigator, they're reviewing my file for the July class. Just a word of warning for people. For credit card statements they want all the pages. They may not accept my AMEX statements because I didn't have all the pages for each monthly statement, I figured the first two pages with my address, name, and total charges would be suffice. The person I spoke to is going to check with their superior. I have other paperwork and I'm going to get my tax return transcripts just to have even more info. But low 1100's and my file is in review for the July class.
    Can you get the statements from the AMEX website and hand over the remaining pages?

I would always assume when using some sort of statement to prove anything official that you have to have all the pages, even if page 4 is always the same legal disclosure or some other nonsense that has nothing to do with what you're doing. Learned that the hard way during mortgage application.

Forum Member

Wow, that's good to know. I hope I kept all of those pages together somewhere. Goes to show that you can't necessarily rely on any info regarding CID from people who've been through it. Cause others have said just to bring in the first pages, as they make you separate them out while sitting down with you anyway. From the sounds of it, it seems like they all kind of do things in their own way...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Can you get the statements from the AMEX website and hand over the remaining pages?

I would always assume when using some sort of statement to prove anything official that you have to have all the pages, even if page 4 is always the same legal disclosure or some other nonsense that has nothing to do with what you're doing. Learned that the hard way during mortgage application.
    Well for now the investigator said don't do anything, they're going to check with their superior. But I'm going to contact AMEX in a few. I just got my state return transcripts for those years just in case and I had other accounts as proofs just in case something I submitted didn't make the cut. I even have 30 something paystubs accounting for at least every month during the time period they're looking for. They really do make you jump through hoops though lol.
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I have my statements separated. But thankfully I kept the 'extra' papers. Thanks for the heads up.

Let's hope we get some final reviews into the 15/1600s. They've had forever to go over these lower numbers. Why aren't they more on top of this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I have my statements separated. But thankfully I kept the 'extra' papers. Thanks for the heads up.

Let's hope we get some final reviews into the 15/1600s. They've had forever to go over these lower numbers. Why aren't they more on top of this?
    When I dropped of some final paperwork with my investigator this previous week she seemed to be pretty sure of which academy I would be going into, not 100% but what I think is a pretty accurate guess. She did say that after this July class went in they would have more of an idea about what numbers would be reached and what the ratio would be for the classes down the line. I'm in the high 15##'s.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    When I dropped of some final paperwork with my investigator this previous week she seemed to be pretty sure of which academy I would be going into, not 100% but what I think is a pretty accurate guess. She did say that after this July class went in they would have more of an idea about what numbers would be reached and what the ratio would be for the classes down the line. I'm in the high 15##'s.
    Which class did she think you are going into?

Forum Member

The person who did your taxes should be able to easily print out your return or have it on file. Assuming you went to a business to have it done, it takes a few minutes did for them to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Which class did she think you are going into?
    I'm really wondering how many people are losing their residency because they never really had it to begin with.

Forum Member

Which academy did she say?
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

[QUOTE=dem7191;1408253]Which academy did she say?[/

I asked if I should put in my resignation at my current job (I like where I work and would prefer to be able to give them and my patients some advance notice before I leave) she said (obviously) to wait but that I should be ready. I guess take that as you will. I'm erring on the side of training my butt off physically and prepping by reading the probie book but not getting my hopes up to high. I guess if not this one then we are shoe ins for Janurary, right.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Medic2312;1408255]
    Quote Originally Posted by dem7191 View Post
    Which academy did she say?[/

I asked if I should put in my resignation at my current job (I like where I work and would prefer to be able to give them and my patients some advance notice before I leave) she said (obviously) to wait but that I should be ready. I guess take that as you will. I'm erring on the side of training my butt off physically and prepping by reading the probie book but not getting my hopes up to high. I guess if not this one then we are shoe ins for Janurary, right.
    Worst case scenario, see you in December dude! Jukes made a good point a while back about 50 ems that are standing by. Its a little over 800 numbers from the last number called, and our current spots! Not to mention the guys below 720 who weren't called either.
    Last edited by dem7191; 05-07-2014 at 04:55 PM.
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

[QUOTE=dem7191;1408258]

Worst case scenario, see you in December dude! Jukes mad a good point a while back about 50 ems that are standing by. Its a little over 800 numbers from the last number called, and our current spots! Not to mention the guys below 720 you weren't called either.
    All good points. And to be honest, worst case scenario, while yes it sucks is just a hiccup, so if the winter it is then bring it on. I'll see you there brother and we will archive what we need to do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm really wondering how many people are losing their residency because they never really had it to begin with.
    I know someone in the 900s who isn't able to prove his residency. He's lives on si his whole life. Never had a credit card, never had a bank account during the time they want documents for. Sucks to be him, one less in my way.

Thread Information