Like Tree9539Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks for all the responses. I've been doing just about everything that's been said trying to get over this. God willing I'll wake up tomorrow good as new. Thanks again.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses. I've been doing just about everything that's been said trying to get over this. God willing I'll wake up tomorrow good as new. Thanks again.
    roll that knot out over a lacrosse ball and or a foam roller. you probably pulled a muscle. it should dissipate over the next few days
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Before I got the package from the FDNY..I signed up for tough mudder for this Oct, if everything goes well I might be slated for the Jan 2015 class do you guys think I should still do the run?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Before I got the package from the FDNY..I signed up for tough mudder for this Oct, if everything goes well I might be slated for the Jan 2015 class do you guys think I should still do the run?
    Dude, you can defer the event to a later date... I'd push it to an event after the academy and you are settled on the job.. Also, if they do the class every 20 weeks, the class would start early december. No reason to chance it on something like that IMO...

Forum Member

Sent my AMEX docs to the investigator yesterday via overnight mail, he e-mailed me today saying nothing further is needed from me, good luck. Sounds like I'm squared away paperwork wise.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    roll that knot out over a lacrosse ball and or a foam roller. you probably pulled a muscle. it should dissipate over the next few days
    Yea I was foam rolling early today. Hurt like hell!!! lol Whatever it takes though...
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    I've been doing the Spartan races since they first came to the tri-state area and planned on doing the trifecta this summer but as soon as I discovered there was a remote possibility I'd be going in in July I chose to cancel that endeavor. My first race was scheduled for the first weekend of June but I'm just not going to go. Can't defer or transfer registration under their guidelines. The risks are just far too great with minimal reward.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I've been doing the Spartan races since they first came to the tri-state area and planned on doing the trifecta this summer but as soon as I discovered there was a remote possibility I'd be going in in July I chose to cancel that endeavor. My first race was scheduled for the first weekend of June but I'm just not going to go. Can't defer or transfer registration under their guidelines. The risks are just far too great with minimal reward.
    You can defer to a later date... Just need to pay the insurance fee... http://www.spartanrace.com/transfer-spartan-races.php
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    You can defer to a later date... Just need to pay the insurance fee... http://www.spartanrace.com/transfer-spartan-races.php
    Thanks for that. I had no idea. I'll definitely be doing that.
    test2000 likes this.

Forum Member

Any good fdny memoirs to read? Already read Dennis smiths book

Also I work near squad 18. Everyday I see them on a run I think what if...

Forum Member

Two more months until the next class goes in, 41 work days left at my current job.
    River6019 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Two more months until the next class goes in, 41 work days left at my current job.
    Woohoo!!! Every night I go to bed thinking "one day closer to the academy." The anticipation is definitely building.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post

The Last Men Out by Ray Downey's nephew

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post

Honestly, im reading NOTHING but the proby manual from here on. But that's just me. No room or time for any other book right now. Especially not any FF memoirs. Guys may be describing things in there that they had to do which completely contradict the guidelines of the manual and confuse the sh*t outta me lol. Ill read those memoirs later.

And this proby manual is motivating as hell. The more i study the more I cant wait to get the hands on.

Forum Member

So guys, has it been confirmed that the academy's been extended to 20 weeks from 18 weeks?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    So guys, has it been confirmed that the academy's been extended to 20 weeks from 18 weeks?
    I don't think that was ever the case. Academy is still 18 weeks, the 20 week thing you are thinking about is potential time between academy start dates instead of every 6 months.
    My1Goal and dwm326 like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Just to quell confusion, I think you're mistaking the proposition of beginning an academy EVERY 20 weeks.

The academy will maintain itself at 18 weeks but instead of waiting a month or more until the next academy, the next will commence 2 weeks post-graduation.

As far as I know, this is still pending approval from city council.
    test2000 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    Just to quell confusion, I think you're mistaking the proposition of beginning an academy EVERY 20 weeks.

The academy will maintain itself at 18 weeks but instead of waiting a month or more until the next academy, the next will commence 2 weeks post-graduation.

Quell? What are you trying to make us all look bad on here? I thought it was an unwritten rule, no "big" words on the forum.
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Quell? What are you trying to make us all look bad on here? I thought it was an unwritten rule, no "big" words on the forum.
    Indoububitabley, any attempt to punctilliate your vocabilarium makes you all egocentrifed in the eyes of your pears and associalites..
    I3akdraf likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Honestly, im reading NOTHING but the proby manual from here on. But that's just me. No room or time for any other book right now. Especially not any FF memoirs. Guys may be describing things in there that they had to do which completely contradict the guidelines of the manual and confuse the sh*t outta me lol. Ill read those memoirs later.

And this proby manual is motivating as hell. The more i study the more I cant wait to get the hands on.
    Certain things are stating to stick when I read the manual like engine and ladder operations and building construction. But stuff like ropes and SCBA are just a mishmash of words.
    thirdtimesacharm likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Indoububitabley, any attempt to punctilliate your vocabilarium makes you all egocentrifed in the eyes of your pears and associalites..
    http://www.mommysbusy.com/wp-content...1/27442981.jpg
    River6019 and dwm326 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I don't think that was ever the case. Academy is still 18 weeks, the 20 week thing you are thinking about is potential time between academy start dates instead of every 6 months.

Ohhhh, thanks for the clarification bro. I'm really praying that they'll have one soon after the summer class. Can't wait to leave the current job. Lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post

Thanks for your kind insight my good sir.

Forum Member

2 questions, taking the test next round so i'm hoping someone here can help:

1 - as for the residency requirement, I know DCAS says that it's got to be 1 year prior to taking the initial written exam to get extra credit, but what if it's less than that? Any idea if you get ANY credit even if you just moved there in a couple of months prior?

2 - what is the highest number possible you can get on the list and still have a shot at getting hired?

I'm 27 in June so time is a factor for me for all of this. Want to know if moving to NY (i live in Jersey) is worth it for me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spads87 View Post
    2 questions, taking the test next round so i'm hoping someone here can help:

1 - as for the residency requirement, I know DCAS says that it's got to be 1 year prior to taking the initial written exam to get extra credit, but what if it's less than that? Any idea if you get ANY credit even if you just moved there in a couple of months prior?

2 - what is the highest number possible you can get on the list and still have a shot at getting hired?

I'm 27 in June so time is a factor for me for all of this. Want to know if moving to NY (i live in Jersey) is worth it for me.
    No if and or buts. You have to have the prerequisites in order receive 5 points. My friend who's lived in si his whole life can't prove it so he lost his points.

Thread Information