Like Tree10516Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No if and or buts. You have to have the prerequisites in order receive 5 points. My friend who's lived in si his whole life can't prove it so he lost his points.
    That's right. You need three types of proof of address from either the NOE or the alternative list nothing more nothing less no exceptions. You either move now (and must get at least a 97 with or without the points) or join EMS for 2 years if you are really serious about getting the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Thanks for your kind insight my good sir.
    Ha....I got called sir! It makes me feel all warm inside.
    My1Goal likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Hey, I'm sitting at 3387, do they call or send out letters? My number changed and I've been trying to update it...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFTB View Post
    Hey, I'm sitting at 3387, do they call or send out letters? My number changed and I've been trying to update it...
    You get a big white packet in the mail and an email for CPAT prep.

Forum Member

One more question about socks, is having a company logo on there ok or do they have to be completely black, I was looking at these socks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    One more question about socks, is having a company logo on there ok or do they have to be completely black, I was looking at these socks

It really doesn't matter when doing PT. Really the one and only rule is when wearing regular pants and shoes it should appear black. Those look a little iffy.

Forum Member

You could always turn them inside out ? Maybr

Forum Member

For high socks check out soccer socks or the socks that the crossfit guys wear

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    It really doesn't matter when doing PT. Really the one and only rule is when wearing regular pants and shoes it should appear black. Those look a little iffy.
    Thanks for the heads up, I just found some other UA over the calf socks that are all black so I'll buy a pair of those and see how they are before loading up on them.

Forum Member

You want socks that go up close to the knee. The boots are gonna kill your legs.

Forum Member

The FY 2015 Executive budget should come out very soon. DSNY is out as of today. Hopefully, the budget includes the ability to put a class in every 20 weeks. We should have an answer very soon!
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

My previous employer called me because they recieved a letter of employment verification and she was clueless on how to get the info they were requesting. She said she will call the number on the FDNY letter and give them the number from their HR department. Has this happen to anyone?

Also, all my references recieved the reference letter right after my second appointment with my investigator after he confirmed I had all the documents they needed.

I'm getting processed for Jan 2015 class.

Forum Member

What's your list number? Danny

I believe if they don't get a hold of an employer or two it's not a big deal. Just as long as they get the current one or one of them they're fine. They assume not everyone will respond to their requests.

Forum Member

Danny -
    What were they asking from the employer that the employer couldnt get? I figured theyd just send a survey about the candidates performance and the dates worked.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Danny -
    What were they asking from the employer that the employer couldnt get? I figured theyd just send a survey about the candidates performance and the dates worked.
    They don't remember the dates I worked there because it's been a few years since I left that job for full time school. Also, I don't know what else they ask in the letter that's a good question.

Forum Member

My mentor just texted me, said that the next run dates will be June 16-18th. I know someone else mentioned their mentor mentioned the same.
    bk60191983 likes this.

Forum Member

If those dates are correct in guessing the run letters would go out the first week of June.
    bk60191983, dem7191 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

I'm in the mid 700's and am having trouble contacting my investigator. I completed everything a while back but I know my number will be called and I'm getting nervous because of the lack of communication. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Forum Member

Certain things are stating to stick when I read the manual like engine and ladder operations and building construction. But stuff like ropes and SCBA are just a mishmash of words.
    I hear you. Most of what ive read so far seems pretty cut and dry. What i do as i go thru the 8 week program is look for things that may seem like they'll be a challenge in the future and focus on those more than everything else (i.e read thru them again when im done). For everything else, even if i dont remember every detail right now i know that they're so simple to understand that they wont be a problem when the time comes so i just read thru them once.

Chemistry of fire, the terms, primary functions of engine/ladder co. and the tools they use respectively are easy to understand; but things like building construction, codes, ropes and fireground procedures wont really come to life until we get there. Like Ill read about what each of the 4 or 5 members of an engine company are supposed to do upon arrival at the scene, then go on youtube and look for a response video and see if they did what i read and watch how they do it, but thats as close as it gets until the rock.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Certain things are stating to stick when I read the manual like engine and ladder operations and building construction. But stuff like ropes and SCBA are just a mishmash of words.
    Thats good. Dont worry about ropes and SCBA. You cant learn those from a book. You're doing yourself a great service by reading ahead. Anyone in contention for July should do the same.

Forum Member

Got a ticket today for no seatbelt. So ****ed i didnt even run today. Told my investigator immediately. She said as long as theres no points then it wont be a problem. But still. Just got a soda from the corner store hoped in the car and didnt even make it to the next corner. Whats worse is that i literally live on the next block. They mustve been around here on a seatbelt mission becuz as one was writing my ticket, his partner walked into the middle of the street, halted a school bus and made the driver open the door to see if she had a seatbelt on. I was like wtf???
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Combat medic 92 View Post
    I'm in the mid 700's and am having trouble contacting my investigator. I completed everything a while back but I know my number will be called and I'm getting nervous because of the lack of communication. Is anyone else in the same boat?
    I'm having the same issue, she contacted me mid April and I sent her a reply questioning the paper work she needed but no response. So last week I emailed her again asking about the paperwork and if she needed anything else but it's now a week later and still nothing.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 11xx

Forum Member

Ropes makes no sense without 1 in front of you and someone that knows what they're talking about. If you're in the city I'd just try and learn the building types and see if you can start to recognize em on the street. Once you can tell the difference between OLTs, NLTs, etc then try and learn the truck positions and think where is the roof going on that building? What are they doing? Etc.

If I'm not thinking about anything else my mind is pretty much doing that, all of the time. A lot of people struggled with building construction stuff, I think if you live/work in the city you are exposed to it enough that if you take your time with it you can definitely get a grip on the basics.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Pm me with who your investigator is. I'm wondering if we have the same one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Thats good. Dont worry about ropes and SCBA. You cant learn those from a book. You're doing yourself a great service by reading ahead. Anyone in contention for July should do the same.
    Lol great name. Guys going in should learn the acronyms also. Coal was wealth, dcwife70, IOUMYLIFE, etc. They're gonna appear on probably the first 4 or 5 tests

Thread Information