Like Tree9840Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol great name. Guys going in should learn the acronyms also. Coal was wealth, dcwife70, IOUMYLIFE, etc. They're gonna appear on probably the first 4 or 5 tests
    I've read through the whole proby manuel and I know COAL WAS WEALT is the sizeup acronym, but I don't recall reading about the acronyms dcwife70 or IOUMYLIFE. Could you please fill me in on what they mean or point me in the right direction to find out?

Also what is a situp like in the academy? (i.e. hands behind/across chest, all the way to the ground or slightly above it) I know there are various ways of doing a situp and want to make sure that I am practicing doing the correct one.

Thanks.

Forum Member

My investigator called me yesterday. Apparently I'm just shy of the full residency credit so I need either 2 more months or an additional proof. I have it so it's no big deal. I did ask him about the possibility of me being in July and he said that while there is no guarantee they will reach my number, my file is being reviewed for this July's class. My list number is low 14xx's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    I've read through the whole proby manuel and I know COAL WAS WEALT is the sizeup acronym, but I don't recall reading about the acronyms dcwife70 or IOUMYLIFE. Could you please fill me in on what they mean or point me in the right direction to find out

HAHAHAHAHA. Thats funny.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Got a ticket today for no seatbelt. So ****ed i didnt even run today. Told my investigator immediately. She said as long as theres no points then it wont be a problem. But still. Just got a soda from the corner store hoped in the car and didnt even make it to the next corner. Whats worse is that i literally live on the next block. They mustve been around here on a seatbelt mission becuz as one was writing my ticket, his partner walked into the middle of the street, halted a school bus and made the driver open the door to see if she had a seatbelt on. I was like wtf???
    That sucks. I've seen people get pulled over left and right recently. I drive for a living. I currently have 4-6 points on my licence. Does anyone know if this would be an issue?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    That's right. You need three types of proof of address from either the NOE or the alternative list nothing more nothing less no exceptions. You either move now (and must get at least a 97 with or without the points) or join EMS for 2 years if you are really serious about getting the job.
    I looked into going the EMS route. You'd still need to be 29 or under in order to take the promotional exam, otherwise you don't qualify. And getting on FDNY EMS is no walk in the park either.

Forum Member

I've been lurking this thread for the past 2 years.

I've come across a bit of trouble. For residency credit it was July 2010- June 2011 correct?

I gave in my W2s, bank statements, and cell phone statements.

The problem is my cellphone literally started in July 2010. My CID also wants June 2010 for my cell phone bill. Since I started in July, June 2010 doesn't exist. I was led to believe all I needed was July 2010- June 2011.

I have no other alternative as I was 22 at the time so those are the only statements I need.

It really bummed me out. Any advice?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jon snow View Post
    I've been lurking this thread for the past 2 years.

I've come across a bit of trouble. For residency credit it was July 2010- June 2011 correct?

I gave in my W2s, bank statements, and cell phone statements.

The problem is my cellphone literally started in July 2010. My CID also wants June 2010 for my cell phone bill. Since I started in July, June 2010 doesn't exist. I was led to believe all I needed was July 2010- June 2011.

I have no other alternative as I was 22 at the time so those are the only statements I need.

It really bummed me out. Any advice?
    Get you NYS tax returns for 2010 & 2011. W2's and the tax returns count as two separate proofs. With your bank statements you should be good to go. Just go on the NYS tax website and sign up, you should be able to get them no problem. You might already have your tax returns saved and filled away so that saves you a step.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blinkster View Post
    That sucks. I've seen people get pulled over left and right recently. I drive for a living. I currently have 4-6 points on my licence. Does anyone know if this would be an issue?
    I often wonder how one can sleep at night knowing that a good 50%-70% of their job involves f*****g with people and ruining their lives. Someone driving drunk or recklessly deserves to get pulled over, and honestly even i deserved the ticket i got yesterday. But ive seen instances where they have 10 cops in the middle of the street randomly pulling ppl over for no reason, with a nice shiny tow truck parked in the corner; you know, "just in case we get lucky" and someones license is suspended. And how they pulled the school bus over yesterday....

Cops do alot of good and it sucks that they dont usually get the proper recognition, but doing things like that may have alot to do with why the public doesnt care about em. That NYPD-Public Relations twitter incident a few week ago proves something i think. What a joke that was huh. Thankfully if we get this job, ALL we'll be doing is helping people. And thats it. How many times have you heard someone say "I hate Firefighters" lol
    dem7191 likes this.

Forum Member

Far as license points go i have no idea how much it effects the hiring process. Maybe it all depends on what the violations themselves were. A guy with 2 points for making a improper u-turn may have an easier time than the guy with 3 points for leaving the scene of an accident.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 05-16-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA. Thats funny.
    Thanks for the help. Not sure whats funny about my question. I went back and looked at my notes and found the I Owe You My Life is the mayday acronym, but still don't recall or have anything written down about dcwife70. I said I read through the whole manuel, not that I memorized or remember everything. So I would appreciate it if someone who knows could tell me what dcwife70 is, or where to find it in the proby manuel (i.e. what chapter). Thanks

Forum Member

Thanks for the help. Not sure whats funny about my question. I went back and looked at my notes and found the I Owe You My Life is the mayday acronym, but still don't recall or have anything written down about dcwife70. I said I read through the whole manuel, not that I memorized or remember everything. So I would appreciate it if someone who knows could tell me what dcwife70 is, or where to find it in the proby manuel (i.e. what chapter). Thanks
    When you get in to the academy, some if not most acronyms are made up so you can remember easily. They are not in the manuals, some are though, and if you can get those down now, it will be easier to grasp the others.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    When you get in to the academy, some if not most acronyms are made up so you can remember easily. They are not in the manuals, some are though, and if you can get those down now, it will be easier to grasp the others.
    Thanks for the help. Just wanted to make sure that I was skipping over anything important in the manuel.

Forum Member

As far as points on your license goes, as long as your license isn't actually suspended then you're good to go.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    As far as points on your license goes, as long as your license isn't actually suspended then you're good to go.
    That's a relive. I'm going to take a defensive drivers course to knock off a couple of points.

Forum Member

2 weeks left....getting emotional already haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemymask View Post
    2 weeks left....getting emotional already haha
    Get those scrubbing hands ready.
    JDNY13 and Ilovemymask like this.

Forum Member

When ? And where is graduation? Do guys get a few days off between graduation and starting at their house?

Forum Member

I owe U my life is an acronym for a mayday. DCWIFE70 is the acronym for urgent. There will be a lot of information thrown at you, the acronyms help you remember

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    When ? And where is graduation? Do guys get a few days off between graduation and starting at their house?
    I'm curious about when they find out their assignments, etc. As far as what happens after graduation. They will enter the field effective 0900 on some day (maybe the day after graduation, who knows). They will get their schedule information before then, and just fall into the rotating schedule on that day. Some people will have to report to work at 0900, others might get a few days off.

Forum Member

Cool. Thank you MM. And just to clarify, by 0900, you actually mean 0800?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Cool. Thank you MM. And just to clarify, by 0900, you actually mean 0800?
    The day tour he means 9x6. But obviously you'll report early probably 0730
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Default possible defer question

Hey guys, I know that the last thing that anybody wants to do is defer an Academy class and I know a lot of guys in here are going to comment to this saying do whatever you have to do to get into julys class. My situation makes it nearly impossible for me to attend julys class. Im list #9xx so pretty much a shoe in for july.

If I NEED TO defer, how do I go about it? Will I have the option when I get the run letter? And is the only acceptable reason for deffering injury with doctors not upon healing? Can one simply defer or does a specific explanation as to why need to surface?

Thanks in advance for the replies. Best of luck to all of you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by spads87 View Post
    I looked into going the EMS route. You'd still need to be 29 or under in order to take the promotional exam, otherwise you don't qualify. And getting on FDNY EMS is no walk in the park either.

just an fyi... if youre looking to go the ems route; for ems or the oc, you must not have reached age 29 by the date you sign up for the exam. no older than 28.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I owe U my life is an acronym for a mayday. DCWIFE70 is the acronym for urgent. There will be a lot of information thrown at you, the acronyms help you remember
    Thanks. I'll have too read over mayday/urgent. Yea I figured there would be a lot of stuff to learn/remember, so I just want to get as good a head start as I can.

Forum Member

They changed the outline for the study guide now I'm all screwed up.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Thread Information