Like Tree9877Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

has everyone who has received paperwork had an intake and medical? up to around 2200? Hoping someone comes on here w a new packet soon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    has everyone who has received paperwork had an intake and medical? up to around 2200? Hoping someone comes on here w a new packet soon
    I'm 263x I will post ASAP once I get mine

Forum Member

Intake yes. Medical and Pyschologicals were sent upto 1500-1600 if I recall correctly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    For those of you wanting to look into a good pull-up routine, take a look at the Armstrong Pull-up program. It's a retired Marine who broke the pull-up record. It's no joke. Here's the link:

http://armstrongpullupprogram.com/
    When you did this, did you still lift weights, run, cardio? Or did you just do this routine?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    No, they will not accept that. Just gotta put your EZPass in the glove box, pay cash, and get a receipt every day. It was tedious but you get the money back eventually so whatever.
    Is it all paid back in one check? Or does it get paid back in a few separate checks?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by o_corchado View Post
    OK so here is the process to defer.

1. You must let your investigator know.
    2. You must also let CID know that you do not intend on entering this next class. Email CID at: cid@fdny.nyc.gov
    3. You will be removed from the active list and sent a letter by DCAS informing you of that. That letter also has instructions on how to get recertified and put back on the list when you are ready to start again.

You can defer at any time in the process. Just realize you will not be considered for another class until you get recertified to the hiring list. That part can be a big pain.

1. Write a letter to DCAS that you wish to be recertified to the list.
    2. Hand deliver to DCAS and get a receipt.
    3. DCAS will send you a letter a month or so later stating that you are back on the list.
    4. Contact your investigator and email her a scanned copy of that letter. Sometimes DCAS will recertify you, but the FDNY system still shows you as being off the list so you won't get scheduled for anything. Once you send the letter to your investigator, FDNY can adjust their system.
    5. Hope that your investigator does not think she/he is wasting their time working on your package. So be really proactive and keep contacting them.

Try not to defer, but if you absolutely must then you do what you have to do. Good luck!

Thank you so much for this information, it's very much appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Is it all paid back in one check? Or does it get paid back in a few separate checks?
    Separate checks. You submit the toll stuff each month you're there, and I'm pretty sure you then get a check for each of those months. Honestly it's like 8-10 months after the rock so 1 day a check for $80 shows up at your firehouse and hey, free money!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I'm getting two ice packs that wrap around the knees a couple of other random ice packs. Anyone else have recommendations on what to pick up to at least help a little bit with the physical rigors of the academy.
    These things have been so clutch for me:

-Epsom salt for when you home to soak
    -Aleve
    -Bengay
    -Neosporin

Forum Member

I'm 16XX, above 1650 and have had intake but I did not have Medical or Psych.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I'm getting two ice packs that wrap around the knees a couple of other random ice packs. Anyone else have recommendations on what to pick up to at least help a little bit with the physical rigors of the academy.
    Get lube, because when "Mr buuurrpeee" gets up on that platform you might as well bow down and take the beating lol.
    Some good stuff to get would be a good set of knee pads. I know its been said but you'll need them for almost every class and your knees take a beating all academy.
    -ibuprofen
    -biofreeze, Tiger balm, or icy hot
    -a number to a massage place (non happy ending ones), I've never gone, but some guys swear by them
    -a good foam roller

Forum Member

I'm done with the entire process I'm just waiting on my run letter my investigator called me last week to tell me my file was submitted for review and i had to go there and submit a few more papers
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/05/...osa-rodriguez/

Great if they overturn for her, but what about the future? Why make exception just for this lady but not all future NYPD/FDNY?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post

Great if they overturn for her, but what about the future? Why make exception just for this lady but not all future NYPD/FDNY?
    He's such a ****ing *******. He created this problem, and now while he admits it might have been a mistake he doesn't want to actually fix it, just do a one time exception. Everyone knew it'd take someone either getting killed or nearly killed for people to realize tier 3 isn't right for us, and now that it's happened all he can think is that it's a freak accident, a one time thing. I guess we have to wait for the 2nd tier 3 member to get critically hurt.
    vekdoggs75 and test2000 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post

Brought up by the same dope who cut her benefits years ago.
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Patterson is a clown I would have rather heard him remain quiet on the topic but having the lame duck former gov sign off on tht say he wants a one time exception is comical. What about next time...it's not a freak accident a freak accident is when a piano falls from a window and lands on your head "being engulfed in an elevator engulfed w smoke is an occupational hazard for first responders. Paterson just go away

Forum Member

Didn't mean to use engulfed twice like that Patterson Sympathizers please don't go after my grammar
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

If you read he article he says he the government made a mistake and they should learn from it. but he wants an exception right now for the officer cuz she needs it now

Forum Member

Only 19 more Ems shifts left...the light is drawing near.
    River6019 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Only 19 more Ems shifts left...the light is drawing near.
    Jky any idea how many EMS guys are going in to this July class?

Forum Member

I'd say no more than 50. All the ones I know, like myself, are going in off the OC, we weren't on when the promo was given. But I do know one or two going in off the promo who were waiting because they had issues.

Including myself I know of 6 guys going in off the OC and that's only from 2 stations. I'm sure there's more from others.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    If you read he article he says he the government made a mistake and they should learn from it. but he wants an exception right now for the officer cuz she needs it now
    Dude HE's the reason for her money problems now because HE was the government at the time making that **** poor decision. Like Frank said, he should just go away.

Forum Member

Wow this Paterson **** really ****es me off.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    To defer I believe you either need to do the run and then notify them. Or when you get a run letter I believe there are instructions to call them - at that point you might be able to. The issue with defer is you need a job offer to defer. You can't just postpone the process
    Why is is that with PD they let you just ignore your letters and then restart again when you feel like it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I'd say no more than 50. All the ones I know, like myself, are going in off the OC, we weren't on when the promo was given. But I do know one or two going in off the promo who were waiting because they had issues.

Including myself I know of 6 guys going in off the OC and that's only from 2 stations. I'm sure there's more from others.
    Wow 50 is a lot- do you really think there could be that many? Just wondering, if you only know 2, what gives you the idea that there could be up to 50? Again just curious.

Forum Member

I don't only know 2. I said I know definitively of at least 6 without sitting there and counting. What I said is that that is only from me knowing people at 2 different ems stations and there is obviously a lot more than 2 in the city.

Thread Information