Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I don't only know 2. I said I know definitively of at least 6 without sitting there and counting. What I said is that that is only from me knowing people at 2 different ems stations and there is obviously a lot more than 2 in the city.
    I had read your comment wrong. Gotcha now. Thanks

Forum Member

Unsure about why the PD is different but back when I considered the PD they were offering the test everywhere you could think of and desperately recruiting. Now with another looking pay increase it's gotten harder and may continue to be that way. With the fdny they just have way too many people that are on forums like these, using siblings or parents in lieu of a mentor program, and bugging their investigators to the point where if someone ignores a letter they tend to move on and if you try to advocate for yourself they seem indifferent until you really prove you want the job. Like I said these peeps at CID could just do the easy intake files and still have too many candidates to hire whereas the Nypd has usually been a little different scenario

Forum Member

Only 19 more Ems shifts left...the light is drawing near.
    21 business days left for me. If I never see a cubicle again I'll be a happy man.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    21 business days left for me. If I never see a cubicle again I'll be a happy man.
    36 for me not counting any vacation or sick days I have. I can't wait to never use my work computer again, it's the computer version of the copy machine from office space.
    test2000 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Unsure about why the PD is different but back when I considered the PD they were offering the test everywhere you could think of and desperately recruiting.
    Unsure why it's different ? Probably because the NYPD needs any warm body it can get, while everyone and their brother wants to get on the FDNY

Forum Member

Only 19 more Ems shifts left...the light is drawing near.
    How long did it take you to get on ems? I hope the next civil service exam is in September but I heard that it may come earlier-- maybe even July. Have you heard anything about this?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    How long did it take you to get on ems? I hope the next civil service exam is in September but I heard that it may come earlier-- maybe even July. Have you heard anything about this?
    The EMS civil service exams have been every September for years now. I would check the DCAS website regularly, but it'd be pretty strange for them to change it up.

Forum Member

Yea usually it's every September. They might do something sooner given that they will continue to lose people from Ems to fire off the OC list but I haven't heard anything about it.

Didn't take me long, less than a year if I remember correctly. It's not hard and they go through the list quickly because they do a lot of classes back to back.

Forum Member

Largely because of the high turn over rate there. Not a lot of people stay.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    i took the "exam" last september and received my list number a couple of months ago. i believe they have invited people to take the physical test from list numbers about 200 below mine, so i'm expecting to hear something soon. it's moving pretty fast.

Forum Member

Let's get some packets already!!!!!!!

Forum Member

Hey has anyone lost credits (whether it be military or residency) and haven't been given a new list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by somebuffyguy View Post
    Unsure why it's different ? Probably because the NYPD needs any warm body it can get, while everyone and their brother wants to get on the FDNY
    Just making sure PD is still like that, where you can ignore your call and then go back and resign up for the process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Let's get some packets already!!!!!!!
    I know!!

You guys in the 100's didn't even get yours yet, who know when the heck I'll get mine!

Miserable!!!
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    I know!!

You guys in the 100's didn't even get yours yet, who know when the heck I'll get mine!

Miserable!!!
    They gotta be coming out soon. I can see them finishing up some stuff for the run and then sending packets out.

Forum Member

Hey man my name is herc my list number is 3xxxI scored a 100. Any idea of when my list number will be called? I still have not taken the CPAT. Any info will help. Thanks bro
    Last edited by Herc_1812; 06-09-2014 at 12:03 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glen-livid101 View Post
    Hey has anyone lost credits (whether it be military or residency) and haven't been given a new list number?
    Did you lose points? I don't think they've reworked the list down that far. Why not just call DCAS?

Forum Member

Hey Ralf, good score, you'll probably get called in the next 2 years. Word of advice though, a lot of people check these forums and having your actual full name and exact list number can get you into trouble in the long run. I'd change your user name to something more ambiguous and edit your post so you list number is more like 34XX. Good luck!
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I've tried. I spoke to DCAS and they said they haven't heard anything new from the investigators and when I spoke to my investigator she said that my file was given to her supervisor.

This had started a year ago. My list # was 136. Ever since then I've periodically checked in with my investigator and DCAS and I've been left in the dark.

Forum Member

Enjoy the Holiday! We give thanks and remembrance to all of you who have put their lives and health
    first for what they and we believe in regardless of religious and political
    preference. May God Bless All and the families who serve with you!

Alignment Simple Solutions manufactures QuickTrick products; portable & compact alignment measuring systems designed to provide an affordable solution to increase
    automotive performance, highway safety, lengthen tire life and designed to be used by anyone mechanically inclined or not.

http://www.quicktrickalignment.com/

Our business has grown
    from the garage and kitchen to a manufacturing facility with over 30 suppliers
    and 5 employees. With our unique team of
    officers we have the background to grow it forward into a global household
    brand Made in Alabama!

We are a small business
    with deep roots in Military and Service, so to show our appreciation, we are
    offering an exclusive coupon code to service members that is only being offered
    on forums for Military, Fireman, Police and other service areas.

Our Memorial Day
    Sale is 25% off for all Service Related Members through May 31, 2014 and may
    make a perfect Fatherís Day gift.

Coupon code to use at Checkout: honor2014
    (Case sensitive)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glen-livid101 View Post
    I've tried. I spoke to DCAS and they said they haven't heard anything new from the investigators and when I spoke to my investigator she said that my file was given to her supervisor.

This had started a year ago. My list # was 136. Ever since then I've periodically checked in with my investigator and DCAS and I've been left in the dark.
    Damn, man. That sucks. Did you actually lose the points? Or did your file get lost in the mix? I would keep calling/emailing, man..

Forum Member

when will we find out if there is a class with Decmber 1 or 7 start dates. thinking about some travel and want it to either be for xmas or before... just depends on the academy and how high they get for the july class
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Hey Ralf, good score, you'll probably get called in the next 2 years. Word of advice though, a lot of people check these forums and having your actual full name and exact list number can get you into trouble in the long run. I'd change your user name to something more ambiguous and edit your post so you list number is more like 34XX. Good luck!
    Didn't they already send packet's to 2,xxx's? Wouldn't you think he would get a packet this time around or at the latest the next group (6 mos or so away)?

Forum Member

Thanks a lot river6019! Yeah I just found out about this forum yesterday. I've tried to change my name just now but I don't know how. Do you know how? Also, do you think I'll get called for the CPAT soon? I read another guys post and his list # was in the 21xx and he took his CPAT march 2014. I'm hoping that by July 2014 I'll be in the academy. Do you think that's logical?

Forum Member

Thanks a lot river6019! Yeah I just found out about this forum yesterday. I've tried to change my name just now but I don't know how. Do you know how? Also, do you think I'll get called for the CPAT soon? I read another guys post and his list # was in the 21xx and he took his CPAT march 2014. I'm hoping that by July 2014 I'll be in the academy. Do you think that's logical?

Thread Information