Like Tree9535Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rafael_ulloa View Post
    Thanks a lot river6019! Yeah I just found out about this forum yesterday. I've tried to change my name just now but I don't know how. Do you know how? Also, do you think I'll get called for the CPAT soon? I read another guys post and his list # was in the 21xx and he took his CPAT march 2014. I'm hoping that by July 2014 I'll be in the academy. Do you think that's logical?
    No. July 2014 may reach to about the 1500s. At list number 30xx you are looking at July 2015 at best or Jan 2016. Also, if they start doing classes every 20 weeks you are of course looking at getting in a little sooner.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Thanks a lot river6019! Yeah I just found out about this forum yesterday. I've tried to change my name just now but I don't know how. Do you know how? Also, do you think I'll get called for the CPAT soon? I read another guys post and his list # was in the 21xx and he took his CPAT march 2014. I'm hoping that by July 2014 I'll be in the academy. Do you think that's logical?
    Hopeful thinking but not gonna happen. I'm 263x and I have yet to receive anything. Be more optimistic I for July 2015

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    No. July 2014 may reach to about the 1500s. At list number 30xx you are looking at July 2015 at best or Jan 2016. Also, if they start doing classes every 20 weeks you are of course looking at getting in a little sooner.
    Okay I figured that. The wait is honestly the most stressful part. I heard that anyone who scored under 100 have no chance of getting on. My buddy scored a 94. I just made the cut. Being a firefighter is a dream and it's so close but the wait is dreadful. After you take the CPAT, are u automatically in that following class?

Forum Member

Okay I figured that. The wait is honestly the most stressful part. I heard that anyone who scored under 100 have no chance of getting on. My buddy scored a 94. I just made the cut. Being a firefighter is a dream and it's so close but the wait is dreadful. After you take the CPAT, are u automatically in that following class?
    Actually, candidates in the 8,000s have a shot at the academy.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Unfortunately not haha. I passed mine on 3/26. Since CPATs are good for the life of the list, they aren't dated. Once you pass, you pass. On the other hand, since I'm probably (hopefully) looking at January's class, I've yet to receive dates for my medical and psych, since those are only good for six months. I believe they're currently doing psychs and medicals up to the 1600s in preparation for July. So it's investigation, which is ongoing until you are reviewed and cleared, CPAT which is pass/fail and not dated, and med/psych, which are dated and have typically (and I use typically loosely) been indicators that a candidate is close to being in the next class if all goes well.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I heard that anyone who scored under 100 have no chance of getting on.
    where did you hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Since CPATs are good for the life of the list, they aren't dated. Once you pass, you pass. On the other hand, since I'm probably (hopefully) looking at January's class, I've yet to receive dates for my medical and psych, since those are only good for six months.
    unless the rules were changed in the last few years, medical is valid for 12 months, psych is valid for 2 years.

Forum Member

Yea I think you're right. I think it is a year.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Unfortunately not haha. I passed mine on 3/26. Since CPATs are good for the life of the list, they aren't dated. Once you pass, you pass. On the other hand, since I'm probably (hopefully) looking at January's class, I've yet to receive dates for my medical and psych, since those are only good for six months. I believe they're currently doing psychs and medicals up to the 1600s in preparation for July. So it's investigation, which is ongoing until you are reviewed and cleared, CPAT which is pass/fail and not dated, and med/psych, which are dated and have typically (and I use typically loosely) been indicators that a candidate is close to being in the next class if all goes well.
    Hey man I'm so glad you responded you were the guy I was talking about in one of my earlier post. So your done with everything all your waiting for is the med and pysch,that's awesome. You should def be in the January class. I'm probably looking at jan 2015. Hopefully they move sooner. When I call DCAS, they say that they only appointed 730 and certified 1346. His did you do take your CPAT and your 21xx, how does that work?

Forum Member

Hey man I'm so glad you responded you were the guy I was talking about in one of my earlier post. So your done with everything all your waiting for is the med and pysch,that's awesome. You should def be in the January class. I'm probably looking at jan 2015. Hopefully they move sooner. When I call DCAS, they say that they only appointed 730 and certified 1346. His did you do take your CPAT and your 21xx, how does that work?
    Jan 2015? What's your list number? I'm in the very high 15##'s and have everything done. My investigator is still cautious in saying if I'll be in this next class. I'm thinking shoe in for Jan 2015 - cause lets say as expected they call up to 1400's (hig or low ball) for his class. I ought you mentioned that you hadn't done your CPAT yet. Just trying to gauge things here. Who knows though all speculation till these run letter get sent out.

Forum Member

I received my packet in early December, as did pretty much everyone else who scored a 101. When you receive your packet you'll get an intake investigation date, a huge packet to fill out and bring to it, and information regarding CPAT prep. After you do the (optional) CPAT prep courses once a week for a few weeks, you'll receive dates to take your 3 shots at the CPAT. Depending on what your # is and its likely proximity to the following class, you can get med, psych, intake, and CPAT dates in any order. So, for example, if someone was in the 1000's and pretty much a lock for this July, they may have gotten an intake first, then medical and psych, then CPAT, while for me, I had intake then CPAT dates first, since I'm a little further down the list. Hope I answered your question!
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

I received my packet in early December, as did pretty much everyone else who scored a 101. When you receive your packet you'll get an intake investigation date, a huge packet to fill out and bring to it, and information regarding CPAT prep. After you do the (optional) CPAT prep courses once a week for a few weeks, you'll receive dates to take your 3 shots at the CPAT. Depending on what your # is and its likely proximity to the following class, you can get med, psych, intake, and CPAT dates in any order. So, for example, if someone was in the 1000's and pretty much a lock for this July, they may have gotten an intake first, then medical and psych, then CPAT, while for me, I had intake then CPAT dates first, since I'm a little further down the list. Hope I answered your question!
    That was awesome bro! SO, you think I got any shot of getting my packet this year? Or is everything going to come sometime next year? Sorry for all the questions man I'm just real anxious lol

Forum Member

That was awesome bro! SO, you think I got any shot of getting my packet this year? Or is everything going to come sometime next year? Sorry for all the questions man I'm just real anxious lol
    Na haha I totally understand the anxiousness. What's your #? It's kind of hard to say. If you look through the pages of the forum you'll find some ratios people put together that can possibly give a rough estimate of time frames/numbers.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Na haha I totally understand the anxiousness. What's your #? It's kind of hard to say. If you look through the pages of the forum you'll find some ratios people put together that can possibly give a rough estimate of time frames/numbers.
    List # 30xx. After 5 yrs, do you really make over 100k? My friend has been on the job for 7 years and last yr he made 115, not bad

Forum Member

List # 30xx. After 5 yrs, do you really make over 100k? My friend has been on the job for 7 years and last yr he made 115, not bad
    Without OT there's no way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Jan 2015? What's your list number? I'm in the very high 15##'s and have everything done. My investigator is still cautious in saying if I'll be in this next class. I'm thinking shoe in for Jan 2015 - cause lets say as expected they call up to 1400's (hig or low ball) for his class. I ought you mentioned that you hadn't done your CPAT yet. Just trying to gauge things here. Who knows though all speculation till these run letter get sent out.
    What I don't get is this, I took the exam march 2012. Unfortunately the list didn't get established till June 2013. I heard if you score 100 your wait time is about 2yrs. Why did they wait over a year to get this list established? Real bummer!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Without OT there's no way.
    So if you naturally work 2 24hr shifts, OT would be working an extra 24hr shift (3 days total)?

Forum Member

So if you naturally work 2 24hr shifts, OT would be working an extra 24hr shift (3 days total)?

In case you missed my question, I asked you where you heard that anybody with a list number below 100 has no shot of getting on.

Forum Member

You have a friend on the job that told you they made 115k, yet you're asking whether it's really possible to go over 100k. Why are you asking this? You know the answer already.

What I don't get is this, I took the exam march 2012. Unfortunately the list didn't get established till June 2013. I heard if you score 100 your wait time is about 2yrs. Why did they wait over a year to get this list established? Real bummer!
    It takes time for them to do everything necessary to establish the list. The test needed to be graded, people needed to be told their grades, and then given a chance to protest questions, which is a whole process. Also they had no reason to establish #2000 before June 2013 because they used #2500 for the first class. You should be happy they didn't establish the list till June since if they had established it 6 months earlier that'd be 6 months of wasted time on the life of that list.

You don't naturally work 2 24s. And you guys really don't need to be overly concerned with how OT fits in at this point.
    MuscleHamster and Medic2312 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You have a friend on the job that told you they made 115k, yet you're asking whether it's really possible to go over 100k. Why are you asking this? You know the answer already.

It takes time for them to do everything necessary to establish the list. The test needed to be graded, people needed to be told their grades, and then given a chance to protest questions, which is a whole process. Also they had no reason to establish #2000 before June 2013 because they used #2500 for the first class. You should be happy they didn't establish the list till June since if they had established it 6 months earlier that'd be 6 months of wasted time on the life of that list.

You don't naturally work 2 24s. And you guys really don't need to be overly concerned with how OT fits in at this point.
    It was just a question my dude, chill. Thanks for the other info

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    In case you missed my question, I asked you where you heard that anybody with a list number below 100 has no shot of getting on.
    Thought I answered u earlier. I heard it from a few firefighters already. Both retired and currently on the job still. I asked because my buddy scored a 94 and his number is 15xxx

Forum Member

With 5 classes left on the OC list,I doubt they will only get to those who scored 100. I'm guessing they get to 97.

Forum Member

Thought I answered u earlier. I heard it from a few firefighters already. Both retired and currently on the job still. I asked because my buddy scored a 94 and his number is 15xxx
    Well, he's probably screwed. The FDNY previously estimated they'd get to 8,000. Haven't heard anything else from an official source.

Forum Member

If the run is indeed June-16-18 hopefully by this time next week some of us will have our run letters
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Gotcha. Thanks. I don't think 15000's will be reached either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    If the run is indeed June-16-18 hopefully by this time next week some of us will have our run letters
    Was thinking the same thing. Did the last class get their letter via email or snail mail?

Thread Information