Like Tree10540Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Was thinking the same thing. Did the last class get their letter via email or snail mail?
    Far as I know everybody gets it emailed first. I think a snail mail copy follows. Mine showed up in my spam folder.
    John246 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Far as I know everybody gets it emailed first. I think a snail mail copy follows. Mine showed up in my spam folder.
    That damn spam folder lol good thing you noticed.

Forum Member

That damn spam folder lol good thing you noticed.
    When all of my EMS friends were excitedly talking about the run letter on Facebook one day I kind of knew to look for it.

Forum Member

Herc, what list number do you have?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Herc, what list number do you have?
    30xx. Hopefully I'll get called by July 2015. Fingers crossed

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    It was just a question my dude, chill. Thanks for the other info
    He's been on the job for 2 minutes and knows it all. Don't ask about the schedule or overtime. You should be wanting to do the job for free like him.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    He's been on the job for 2 minutes and knows it all. Don't ask about the schedule or overtime. You should be wanting to do the job for free like him.
    Lol I know! Dude needs to RELAX. Any way, I keep reading about people getting their "run letters". Do you know what's that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    my email doesn't put things in my spam folder that actually belong there, so if it decides to put an important FDNY letter in there then I might consider never using that email service ever again! lol

Forum Member

Lol I know! Dude needs to RELAX. Any way, I keep reading about people getting their "run letters". Do you know what's that?
    It's the run that gets you in the FD, I would think you would want to know about that before you know about OT.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Assuming I am thinking about he same person,
    Well he's nice enough to answer the questions and every answer is right on.
    The money question is a silly question. I don't think he overreacted at all, he was pretty nice about it, considering. You would have to have been following like rest of us to understand why. Your list number is more than adequate, put in some due dillegence. Good luck.

Forum Member

I meant that for herc.

Forum Member

17 weeks down, 1 to go. Thank The Lord.

For you guys going in in July start hydrating now lol. As cold as this winter was I'll take it. I have no idea how guys get through this in the summer.

If I had to give you guys one heads up it would be to accept you will eat sleep and breath the academy and nothing else for 18 weeks. It will dominate your life. Make sure your family is on board and willing to help because the academy is tough enough on it's own.
    JDNY13 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    17 weeks down, 1 to go. Thank The Lord.

For you guys going in in July start hydrating now lol. As cold as this winter was I'll take it. I have no idea how guys get through this in the summer.

If I had to give you guys one heads up it would be to accept you will eat sleep and breath the academy and nothing else for 18 weeks. It will dominate your life. Make sure your family is on board and willing to help because the academy is tough enough on it's own.
    HopefulFF- good to hear from you dude. And thanks adding a little extra nerves in just before the class (didn't know it was possible haha).. Just playing, thanks for the advice and congrats in getting through!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I meant that for herc.
    Thanks a lot bro. I never meant to be rude, that guy answered questions very thouroghly. I just wanted an answer to any question that possibly came to mind. I'm 21 and I'm anxious. I know I got a pretty good list number but I just wish I would've scored higher. I guess a 100 isn't to bad. Thanks to everyone that was kind to answer some of my questions, this forum is real informative

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    It's the run that gets you in the FD, I would think you would want to know about that before you know about OT.
    Absolutely. About the run,Still not clear though. what is " the run"? Never heard of that until now

Forum Member

Absolutely. About the run,Still not clear though. what is " the run"? Never heard of that until now
    It's like a walk only at a faster pace
    sffdnyhopeful09 and bkopie like this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

its pretty much the last step before you get into the academy. Its a mile and a half run that has to be done under 13 (and then again under 12 after you get into the academy) and is usually 2-4 weeks prior to the start of the academy. They only give out letters to people who will have a spot in the academy so basically if you get a run letter your in. hopefully letters go out next week.

Forum Member

its pretty much the last step before you get into the academy. Its a mile and a half run that has to be done under 13 (and then again under 12 after you get into the academy) and is usually 2-4 weeks prior to the start of the academy. They only give out letters to people who will have a spot in the academy so basically if you get a run letter your in. hopefully letters go out next week.
    Okay got it, thanks. At 30xx, I won't be getting any of that anytime soon. But guys in the 21xx took there CPAT earlier this year so hopefully I'll be moving forward along the process pretty soon. Being that your about to go into the academy, when do you think they'll reach my #. A few guys said I should be hopeful for sometime next year. What do you think? Another insight wouldn't hurt haha

Forum Member

Okay got it, thanks. At 30xx, I won't be getting any of that anytime soon. But guys in the 21xx took there CPAT earlier this year so hopefully I'll be moving forward along the process pretty soon. Being that your about to go into the academy, when do you think they'll reach my #. A few guys said I should be hopeful for sometime next year. What do you think? Another insight wouldn't hurt haha
    I would expect that you start the process early next year, maybe be ready for July 2015 or Jan 2016
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

HopefulFF- good to hear from you dude. And thanks adding a little extra nerves in just before the class (didn't know it was possible haha).. Just playing, thanks for the advice and congrats in getting through!

You'll get through it. Sometimes I wondered how I was gonna make it through the day, but you just keep going. One day at a time.
    dem7191 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    You'll get through it. Sometimes I wondered how I was gonna make it through the day, but you just keep going. One day at a time.
    What was the hardest part for you physically and what was the most challenging part academically?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    What was the hardest part for you physically and what was the most challenging part academically?
    The answer to both is the same, there isn't one thing that was incredibly, over the top difficult. But when every day is jam packed, and you barely have any time to study or let you body rest it all starts to add up. Which goes back to the point of the academy dominating your life. When you have a "free" minute you should prob be icing down what ever hurts while studying at the same time.

Again, it's not impossible but it's very difficult and demanding as it should be. This is the best job in the world, it shouldn't come easy. Out of all the people who dropped from the academy (non injury or academic) over 50% were gone in the first month. You'll see pretty quickly if the academy/ this job is for you.

Forum Member

When you guys think you're getting your assignments?

Forum Member

To the guys/gals that have completed or will complete the academy, are there items we should be buying before the class starts? Thanks in advance.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

I remember during CPAT training sometime in February, a guy informed us he received papers for his medical with a list number of 21xx.. We asked him if he meant CPAT and he told us it was for sure his medical. The dude was a chubby guy who lied about his time once during practice trails to look better, must've been lying about everything? Probly

Thread Information