Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 855 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 355755805845852853854855856857858865905955 ... LastLast
Results 17,081 to 17,100 of 23206
Like Tree9088Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

......deleted
    Last edited by kremecheze; 12-27-2013 at 09:53 PM.

Forum Member

Unfortunately I wouldn't expect more run letters until after the first run and they see where they are with everything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Im actually reading it right now...im reading the ropes chapter...so many damn knots
    I feel like some of those knots don't make sense on paper, you have to actually see the practical use of them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I feel like some of those knots don't make sense on paper, you have to actually see the practical use of them.
    That's crazy I'm on that chapter. What I've been doing is just searching each knot on YouTube. Makes it so much easier. Its hard to learn them by looking at pictures
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    That's crazy I'm on that chapter. What I've been doing is just searching each knot on YouTube. Makes it so much easier. Its hard to learn them by looking at pictures
    Knots is an excellent lifelong skill to have, gonna print the manual this week all 1000 pages, can't read it on the screen
    I hate that they sent packets early, such a tease you know and I probably won't get called for another year !

Forum Member

There's a pretty cool app called "Animated knots". It shows you the knot, then shows step by step how to tie the knot (it is animated of course, lol). I have it on my phone, it's pretty good.
    grok350 likes this.

Forum Member

You guys should check out a documentary on Netflix called burn. It's about Detroit fd. It's a good one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    You guys should check out a documentary on Netflix called burn. It's about Detroit fd. It's a good one.
    Great watch.

Forum Member

First time posting. I got one today for January 7th

List# 2 xx
    Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Unfortunately I wouldn't expect more run letters until after the first run and they see where they are with everything.
    Which will completely suck if that's the case and make no sense bc I'm below In the range of the people getting letters (370 and below) and haven't received nothing. Called the investigator got this "there is no status check of each individual when it's in review and there is no special order in which candidates are reviewed."

Forum Member

anyone have an issue with there veterans points?

Forum Member

[Why they gave you a problem?

QUOTE=kremecheze;1395282]anyone have an issue with there veterans points?[/QUOTE]

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Ah. John, John, John

Yes, you indeed posted comments that were offensive, ignorant, untrue, uncalled for and malicious in their intent to not only be unjustly hurtful but to garner a response of anger. It's almost satirical reading your comments on the downhill turn the dept is taking by hiring minorities when in point of fact it is people like you whom are the reason that any good dept goes downhill. The term "reverse discrimination" is truly one of the more ridiculous terms to have been contrived in this century. It implies that there are perhaps two separate types of racism - or that one is superior to another when in fact racism = racism. No need to add a pre-condition to the word. And before you mention your first amendment rights being trampled upon, know this: the first amendment does grant you freedom of speech but does not say there will not be consequences to said speech or reactions to said speech when it is hurtful or inflammatory. Yes, John, I have been to countries where there is no freedom of speech or any other freedom that so many take for granted. Countries where you are disappeared for making comments against officials or worry about your children disappearing on their way home from school if they are girls. You are full of hate and anger. You sound so bitter and rage. I feel sorry for you. I feel sorry for those around you. You can not be a happy person if you carry around all that turmoil. But even with the empathy that you ha elicited from me you need to keep your anger and resentment off this board. You must see that it is your comments that have driven away other posters who were OTJ. Manhattan Medic has never claimed to know everything. He is simply a good man who has accomplished something we all aspire to and is trying to provide some insight and guidance to those who are asking.
    Last time I will touch on this, mainly due to 1 thing you said.

There is such a thing as REVERSE DISCRIMINATION.

DISCRIMINATION itself is just that, treating 1 race as inferior and not giving them equal opportunities as other races. Did discrimination exist against certain races at 1 time? yes it did, there was a time where people of 1 race were treated differently just because of skin color and other things. And that was wrong and a terrible thing. This however took place before my time, and has nothing to do with me.

REVERSE DISCRIMINATION is treating another race unfairly, to compensate the other race that was once discriminated against. REVERSE DISCRIMINATION isn't treating me unfair just because of skin color, but its treating me unfairly because in the past, before my time, discrimination existed, and now to compensate that,1 race is being discriminated against.

that's all. not going to mention my opinion on the hiring practices anymore with this department, or even bring up race. sorry if my comments offended anyone.

And no I don't carry around any anger towards anything lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    What's going on with the hiring of PH's is in fact reverse discrimination. Look it up in the dictionary.

reverse discrimination
    noun

: the practice of making it more difficult for a certain type of person (such as a white man) to get a job, to go to a school, etc., because other people who were treated unfairly in the past are now being given an advantage

I am not going to say whether or not John is a racist. I don't know him... But I can tell he is frustrated with how things are currently being processed. A lot of us have been waiting for year's to get our shot at the academy only to be derailed by some political BS. Now, we have to standby and watch guys who did not do as well on exams be given a shot.
    Im not a racist, I've just experienced reverse discrimination probably more than anybody on this form, and it's so in your face its frustrating.

I really want this job, I could care less what race gets on the job, my problem is people getting on the job before me who scored worse on the test because of the politics involved.

And right now, getting on the job asap is crucial, because who knows what will happen, if there will be a hiring freeze, if there will be a july academy after this January academy as expected.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Wendy tapia is a perfect example of this assuming she wasn't given a hand out for the cpat.
    No wendy tapia is not the perfect example of this, genius. The question was how can someone pass the cpat and not be physically fit to pass the run (13 minutes) Wendy Tapia apparently did pass the CPAT AND the RUN.

What she failed was the 12 minute mile and a half (which she still completed in under 13).

The run, as I've stated, is probably on the same level as the CPAT. Once your in the academy, the 12 minute run is a little harder obviously, because that 1 minute makes a huge difference. But since there is a lot of running in the academy, 1 would expect that people should be able to improve enough to be able to pass run in 12.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    There's a pretty cool app called "Animated knots". It shows you the knot, then shows step by step how to tie the knot (it is animated of course, lol). I have it on my phone, it's pretty good.
    Thanks bro sick app. I think I might need the paid one though, the one I just downloaded didn't have some of the knots in the manual. The slow animated illustrations are great though

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im not a racist, I've just experienced reverse discrimination probably more than anybody on this form, and it's so in your face its frustrating.

I really want this job, I could care less what race gets on the job, my problem is people getting on the job before me who scored worse on the test because of the politics involved.

And right now, getting on the job asap is crucial, because who knows what will happen, if there will be a hiring freeze, if there will be a july academy after this January academy as expected.
    Please stop

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    I usually stay out of this priority hire nonsense convos,, but I must chime in here,let me tell what I no for certain from seeing it with my own eyes not rumors...1 they are not all black or even minorities, I was the only.person in my mentor group was wasnt a Ph, and there were 2 white guys and 2Spanish guys....2 they did not get 25's on the test...u needed atleast a 25 on the last test to qualify to take this test under the Ph status, from those lets say 3500 people or so, they are only allowed 300 or so spots to fill meaning to put them through the same hiring process that u and I are going through..all of the Ph guys I know got atleast a 95 on the test without any points, so lets stop blamong our problems on these guys, they did nothing wrong, and no one here would turn down the opportunity they got
    You know guys who got atleast a 95 on the test? I got 7 points higher than that and will get hired after them. I never once said PH guys scored horribly on the test.. I just stated scored worse than my score but get hired before me.

They could score 6 points higher than that 95, I still should get the job first and have a problem with not getting it 1st.. They could score 8 points higher, and i'll applaud them and gladly see them get the job before me that they earned fair and square.

Forum Member

The thing that's funny about the knots is when I was at my mentor's firehouse, he was showing me the knot used to tie an axe to pull it up a building, when another firefighter walked by and said, "I haven't seen that used in 17 years." My mentor then said the only time you will ever use that is when you are at the academy because if you really wanted the axe they would tell you to just come down and grab it yourself, haha.

Forum Member

Thanks bro sick app. I think I might need the paid one though, the one I just downloaded didn't have some of the knots in the manual. The slow animated illustrations are great though
    Yeah I have the paid one, MUCH better.

Thread Information