Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 859 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 359759809849856857858859860861862869909959 ... LastLast
Results 17,161 to 17,180 of 23409
Like Tree9175Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    If you guys happen to get on, and have PHs that are in your squad, you will see how close you will become with them. And some are very smart, and can do this job. We had a lot in my squad, and you will become very close friends with some, so stop this nonsense about they are lowlives that took someone's spot. Yes, this may be true, but nothing is gonna happen to fix your issue here.
    Racist comments, and comments that they don't deserve it will just ignite your emotions and get you further away from your goal. Posting a article about FDNY banning Christmas pictures does nothing for this thread, just frustrate people. Open another thread and have at it. Physically train if you don't get on now, get a higher score on the written exam. These are things you can do to help yourself get on. Like I said before, you guys should've opened your own thread instead of posting and having guys skim through post like these to find out info they came here to look for.
    Well said. I have my run letter and won't give two craps about how the ppl that will be in my squad got on. There's nothing you can do about it. Judge them on their work ethic.
    John Smith likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    you can pm me if you feel the need to call me a dick for disagreeing with all the complaining thats happening on this forum. i myself being an 8 year vet and still serving have been through some tough *** selection processes and even tougher situations mentally when it comes to group dynamics. most of the guys on this forum want the job like a hungry tiger agreed? so you want one of the toughest best jobs in the world, you wanna be a part of a brotherhood that will bring you joy for life? well why dont we start acting like it. yes it blows that some people got hired who we feel dont deserve it, and yes they might not be great for the dept. but rather than complain about it, i say, why dont i work harder, and become that lt before they do, or why dont i motivate them to become better. if we were all in a combat situation or any sucky situation and all we did was complain about how much it sucks that some guys went home or some guys got promoted that didnt deserve it, then we wouldnt last very long.

maybe i'm just used to things happening like this, because it happens all day in the military, people getting promoted because of who they know, people getting awards that they dont deserve and people taking other peoples spots.

jky9xx there was no offense meant towards the emt comment, just , meaning we have all aged a bit since we first decided to try to get on including me. i was 225 with 8% bodyfat 7 years ago when i began trying to get on, i am now 7 years older and weigh 228 with 15% body fat, which would certainly increase my chances of injury during the academy
    ....Hungry tiger !!!!!...... Enough said !!!!!

What's your height?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    ....Hungry tiger !!!!!...... Enough said !!!!!

What's your height?
    6'4..i have a build similar to a wide receiver, kinda like brandon marshall, meaning i dont have big legs

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    6'4..i have a build similar to a wide receiver, kinda like brandon marshall, meaning i dont have big legs
    Damn you huge !!! ( height wise ) I'm wondering if you the guy I saw when I took the exam ... Tallest guy in the whole building lol

Forum Member

At this point you should all stop complaining about anything other than not improving yourself. Some of us have been dealt a worse hand than others; I understand, but it is what it is. Pointing fingers doesn't solve anything. Like my boy grok said, judge people based on their character and work ethic. No one knows anyone else to be passing any kind of judgement on anyone else. Worry about improving yourself. When you get into the academy you won't have the luxury of judging anyone, everyone will be on the same level striving to achieve the same goal. That's my two cents for the year, Happy New Year everyone, may it be filled with success, love, and happiness.
    kremecheze likes this.

Forum Member

Default Fd

Did anyone else hear that the other 2 days for the run are January 9th and 10th?

That would mean Monday Jan 20th for orientation and Monday Jan 27th for the academy start date?

Hope they continue with the emails today.
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 12-30-2013 at 07:57 AM.

Forum Member

anyone else feel good about more emails going out today

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Did anyone else hear that the other 2 days for the run are January 9th and 10th?

That would mean Monday Jan 20th for orientation and Monday Jan 27th for the academy start date?

Hope they continue with the emails today.

Where did you hear that from?

Forum Member

Idk. I haven't heard any rumors but at the same time, it feels a little farfetched that all 150 (or 75 if you split them into day and evening) would run on the same track. Either way, I'm ready . No emails from my investigator or crappy voicemails saying I need last minute paperwork.

Forum Member

i find not expecting anything works best for me lol
    coldblood92, FuDsNmYc and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

The track is huge, they can fit a lot of guys on that track.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Idk. I haven't heard any rumors but at the same time, it feels a little farfetched that all 150 (or 75 if you split them into day and evening) would run on the same track. Either way, I'm ready . No emails from my investigator or crappy voicemails saying I need last minute paperwork.
    wouldn't it be 320 guys running?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I guess maybe the people recycling may not need to run again? Not sure though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I guess maybe the people recycling may not need to run again? Not sure though.

They better have to run it again

Forum Member

The 150 number, did you just throw that out there or do you know for a fact there is only 150 guys running?

Forum Member

They do have to run again.

Forum Member

Some even had to retake the medical

Forum Member

So any more run letters go out today, maybe next batch of medicals went out, another round of packets....anything ? This place is way to slow for a Monday lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

The CPAT orientation prep courses are set to start on January 20. I am planning on traveling oversees and I need to book my flight.

I'd like to know how many days per week and for how many weeks are the prep courses? Is it possible to miss the first prep course and show up only to the last few prep courses?

Also, will you meet your investigator on CPAT orientation day and can you hand in some paperwork? Thank you.

Thread Information