Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #21451
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    congrads guys
    seems like their moving right along

  2. #21452
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default

    i'm happy for you guys. this is like torture though lol. does anyone know about how many background packets CID sends out at a time, and how often? 37xx here.

  3. #21453
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i'm happy for you guys. this is like torture though lol. does anyone know about how many background packets CID sends out at a time, and how often? 37xx here.
    For my group it was just the people that got the same score - 102.

  4. #21454
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    For you guys that have been Recieving the run letters are they coming thru the mail or email? I'm list 98x and haven't received anything yet

  5. #21455
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatefrost View Post
    For my group it was just the people that got the same score - 102.
    Thanks appreciate it. Do you know if they have sent out letters to the 100's?

  6. #21456
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    Thanks appreciate it. Do you know if they have sent out letters to the 100's?
    Not as of yet

  7. #21457
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Is it 100 candidates per run date ?

  8. #21458
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    410

    Default

    JUST GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!! June 18th. I was reeeally starting to get worried @ list #56* lol. Thought it was a race thing lol
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  9. #21459
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Anyone in the 1100's receive a letter yet ? Highest I've seen here is in the 1000's.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  10. #21460
    OAK
    OAK is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    6/18/2014 - 7am
    Congrats fellas, see you there.
    kevin666 likes this.

  11. #21461
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4

    Default

    list # high 900's got my letter about 2 hours ago.. june 18th .. via email
    kevin666 likes this.

  12. #21462
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Got it !!! Words can't describe
    kevin666 and JDNY13 like this.

  13. #21463
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Seems like the first wave was guys in 700-800's and todays wave was 900-1000's. Hopefully tomorrow is us guys in the 1100's-1200's
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 06-04-2014 at 07:45 PM.
    Jackooze, grizzle, JDNY13 and 1 others like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  14. #21464
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Seems like the first wave was guys in 700-800's and todays wave was 900-1000's. Hopefully tomorrow is us guys in the 1100's-1200's
    Oh god I hope so
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  15. #21465
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    300
    thirdtimesacharm and grizzle like this.

  16. #21466
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    300

    Default

    Good luck to everyone heading into the academy. I hope you are all doing the reading, exercising, and eating healthy. People will talk about how difficult the academy is, and make no doubt about it, it is tough, but what really sets you up for success is finding the heart to push through the long days, and physical and mental strain. Don't waste a spot only to quit right away, you are being selfish and taking a spot from someone who would kill to be in that position. If you have the desire to be a member of this department, you must show that in your actions, don't be afraid to fail, because to fail is to learn, no one makes it through the academy doing everything perfect.

  17. #21467
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Queens
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Where do you go run? How many miles? I'm in qnz too list # 266x
    We have to start getting ready. My friend was one of the 286 that just graduated. He gave me a lot of good info about the workouts.
    Last edited by Bassjunkie06; 06-04-2014 at 09:16 PM.

  18. #21468
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    323

    Default

    Well said!

  19. #21469
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Seems like the first wave was guys in 700-800's and todays wave was 900-1000's. Hopefully tomorrow is us guys in the 1100's-1200's
    If I recall correctly they call 100 candidates per run date. We are in the second run date and If they have called only 300 list numbers to get 200 candidates I find it hard to believe that the hiring ratio is close to 1:1.5. I know not everyone will pass the run and they will call candidates last minute to fill in spots but still the ratio seems way too low. It makes me wonder how many PHs, EMS and recycles were still left and keep in mind this is going to be the 4th class going in.

  20. #21470
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassjunkie06 View Post
    Where do you go run? How many miles? I'm in qnz too list # 266x
    We have to start getting ready. My friend was one of the 286 that just graduated. He gave me a lot of good info about the workouts.
    Nice! I'm list 30xx..we should be getting our packets soon! The wait is honestly the worst part

  21. #21471
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    If I recall correctly they call 100 candidates per run date. We are in the second run date and If they have called only 300 list numbers to get 200 candidates I find it hard to believe that the hiring ratio is close to 1:1.5. I know not everyone will pass the run and they will call candidates last minute to fill in spots but still the ratio seems way too low. It makes me wonder how many PHs, EMS and recycles were still left and keep in mind this is going to be the 4th class going in.
    They just started sending letters out lol, more letters will go out.
    FFleak likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  22. #21472
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    They just started sending letters out lol, more letters will go out.
    I know I'm thinking way too pessimistic lol

  23. #21473
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    When the letters were going out in January a lot of comments were pessimistic but the list wound up going a couple hundred names deeper than anticipated hopefully the same is true this round

  24. #21474
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Got run letter email. List #10xx
    kevin666 and grizzle like this.

  25. #21475
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Oh man I'm worried I haven't got my letter yet and I'm list #98x. Going to call my investigator tomorrow hopefully she knows something. She told me last week all my paper work is good so I dunno why I haven't got the letter yet.....Suxx

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 44 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 31 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. bklynfd,
  3. Blinkster,
  4. fdnybk,
  5. jburk1,
  6. joro89,
  7. k20dc2,
  8. loconights,
  9. NYgrad2012,
  10. quietharvest1,
  11. SGD1028,
  12. SirEd,
  13. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register