Like Tree9891Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #21651
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Nothing at all

  2. #21652
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterintraining View Post
    Nothing at all
    Nothing today
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  3. #21653
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    848

    Default

    To keep my mind off the fact the Rangers are going to get swept and the fact I don't have a run letter yet I'm going to state my theory on why they torture us with slowly trickling out the run letters lol. They have to take into consideration how many guy have deferred and are coming into this class and how many guys that dropped are coming back. I don't think they'll take up the rest of spots on the run. And I'm sure that some guys are that have received run letters in the 700-1000 range for the first time will defer for one reason or another. More letters will go out but they have to see where they stand deferment wise because they don't want have guys get letters or do the run only to be told actually we sent out too many letters. Now with that off my chest I'm going to get a run in lol.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  4. #21654
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Probie in my house caught his first job on the first day. He was 2nd due in a 3 alarm fire. No more academy evolutions, this is the real deal. He said he was dehydrated. Remember guys, hydrate, especially now with the warm weather.
    Jobs in da Bronx
    FDsouthbxNY and FFwnt2b like this.

  5. #21655
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    To keep my mind off the fact the Rangers are going to get swept and the fact I don't have a run letter yet I'm going to state my theory on why they torture us with slowly trickling out the run letters lol. They have to take into consideration how many guy have deferred and are coming into this class and how many guys that dropped are coming back. I don't think they'll take up the rest of spots on the run. And I'm sure that some guys are that have received run letters in the 700-1000 range for the first time will defer for one reason or another. More letters will go out but they have to see where they stand deferment wise because they don't want have guys get letters or do the run only to be told actually we sent out too many letters. Now with that off my chest I'm going to get a run in lol.
    Agreed. Guys with run letters have to call and confirm they will be at the run. They probably wait to see how many confirmations they have before they send out more letters. They are probably cautious to send out run letters because that is basically giving guys the job offer and they don't want guys to quit their jobs too soon if they send out too many letters. Just imagine someone being unemployed for 6 months if they are told there is no more space in the academy after they passed the run.

  6. #21656
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    The city does things at there own pace they tell you not to quit your job till you are getting sworn in. It's a waiting game they will do what they want when they want. I still get nervous because of the last test . You never know what's going to happen . Stay positive and when the **** comes it comes . Anyone getting letters don't quit your job I know horror stories from the last class

  7. #21657
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    To keep my mind off the fact the Rangers are going to get swept and the fact I don't have a run letter yet I'm going to state my theory on why they torture us with slowly trickling out the run letters lol. They have to take into consideration how many guy have deferred and are coming into this class and how many guys that dropped are coming back. I don't think they'll take up the rest of spots on the run. And I'm sure that some guys are that have received run letters in the 700-1000 range for the first time will defer for one reason or another. More letters will go out but they have to see where they stand deferment wise because they don't want have guys get letters or do the run only to be told actually we sent out too many letters. Now with that off my chest I'm going to get a run in lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Agreed. Guys with run letters have to call and confirm they will be at the run. They probably wait to see how many confirmations they have before they send out more letters. They are probably cautious to send out run letters because that is basically giving guys the job offer and they don't want guys to quit their jobs too soon if they send out too many letters. Just imagine someone being unemployed for 6 months if they are told there is no more space in the academy after they passed the run.

    While I agree that they don't want to send out more letters then needed, this would imply that they already sent out 320 letters and I know its not definite, but multiple mentors said they only sent out 200 letters. If thats the case they still have over a 100 letters to send out. I don't know why they haven't sent more letters out, and you may be right about them waiting to see who responds- it just doesn't make sense to me because why wait to seed who responds when they still have 100 letters to send. Either way I just want my letter!! and more packets lol

  8. #21658
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    The main reason for the break in letters going out is that there were ceremonies on both Friday and Monday for the old and new commissioners. MetroTech gets pretty much shut down with most of the workers attending the ceremonies. Otherwise letters have gone out in the past on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. Hopefully today is an exception because of the 2 missed days.
    List#11xx
    102

  9. #21659
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2000_Smith View Post
    The main reason for the break in letters going out is that there were ceremonies on both Friday and Monday for the old and new commissioners. MetroTech gets pretty much shut down with most of the workers attending the ceremonies. Otherwise letters have gone out in the past on Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays. Hopefully today is an exception because of the 2 missed days.

    So they don't send letters out on Tuesdays and Thursdays?

  10. #21660
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    They very well might. I just noticed that all the days they were sent for this and the last class were Monday Wednesday and Fridays later in the day. I'm really hoping they do send them out today. My guess would be that they send the next 100 today or tomorrow then wait a couple of days to see who defers and see if any sub #735 accept it this time, then send out the last 20 to how ever many more they need to complete the class for the June 25th run. this way they will have close to 300 out and have more time to do the fine tuning then the last class when they were rushing up until the night before.
    List#11xx
    102

  11. #21661
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Also I am using list #735 because if you look up the department orders online for the last class being sworn in, you will see that #735 is the last name that appears on list 2000 and the orders
    List#11xx
    102

  12. #21662
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Hey all,
    Just a general question about the medical. I wear contacts, my vision isn't bad i am near-sided, but wear glasses/contacts to correct it. I was wondering what the eye exam is like for those who took it? I think I am going to get PRK done for my eyes this summer to play it safe anyway because I want this job more then anything in the world. PRK is best for physical jobs, I was wondering if anyone here got that done, my doc told me Lasick isn't good because if you get hit in the eye, which often happens, the flap can move. thanks for any help.
    FDNY 2000- Score 100
    List-3XXX

  13. #21663
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I got PRK done for that exact same reason. After speaking to my doctor about it it was the only logical way to go. The doctor said I was crazy but understood and was happy because that procedure is much older and perfected. He also told me that PRK is a lot easier and safer for the doctor to perform because there's basically nothing they can mess up.

    I'd highly recommend PRK over LASIK any day, only downside is longer recovery time so you'd need the time off from work.
    mscire91 likes this.

  14. #21664
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    For those recently in the academy who were happy with their bag could you share what you got or the dimensions at least?

    I bought this but I'm thinking I may need to go a step up to the 60 L

    http://m.rei.com/product/851362/pata...l-45l#specsTab

  15. #21665
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Nice bag. What's your plan with the Patagonia logo?

  16. #21666
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,051

    Default

    Either the M or the LG all black under armour bag is perfect. All the guys who had them had no problems with their bags. Id def recommend not getting the one from quartermaster.

  17. #21667
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    On my honeymoon right now. Gonna force myself to only check email and this forum once a day... We'll see how that goes haha.
    My1Goal, test2000, grizzle and 2 others like this.

  18. #21668
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Why did they send them out on Wednesday when it was medal day? Again the city makes no sense

  19. #21669
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    430

    Default

    Why does the quartermaster bag suck so much? Everyone advises against it. Why doesn't fdny get under armour or nike to make all their PT gear/bags?

  20. #21670
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    On my honeymoon right now. Gonna force myself to only check email and this forum once a day... We'll see how that goes haha.
    Congrats man, word of advice, don't get her pregnant while you'll be in the academy. I'm learning the hard way, luckily my girl isnt due until December 31st so if all goes well I'll be out of the academy by then lol.
    mscire91 likes this.

  21. #21671
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterintraining View Post
    Why did they send them out on Wednesday when it was medal day? Again the city makes no sense
    Medal Day isn't held at MetroTech, but i see your point. My mentor told me to get used to the phrase "*** Backwards"
    List#11xx
    102

  22. #21672
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Nice bag. What's your plan with the Patagonia logo?

    Exactly what I was thinking- the bag has to be free of logos, correct?

    Also, does it have to be a rectangle type bag, or can it be one of those rounded duffel bags?

  23. #21673
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mscire91 View Post
    Hey all,
    Just a general question about the medical. I wear contacts, my vision isn't bad i am near-sided, but wear glasses/contacts to correct it. I was wondering what the eye exam is like for those who took it? I think I am going to get PRK done for my eyes this summer to play it safe anyway because I want this job more then anything in the world. PRK is best for physical jobs, I was wondering if anyone here got that done, my doc told me Lasick isn't good because if you get hit in the eye, which often happens, the flap can move. thanks for any help.
    You do not need to get Lasik or PRK. You are allowed to take the eye exam wearing glasses, and I think contacts are allowed too.


    Run letters: You guys are searching for rhyme and reason as to how they are sending them out when there probably isn't one.
    vekdoggs75, bkopie and mscire91 like this.

  24. #21674
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Either the M or the LG all black under armour bag is perfect. All the guys who had them had no problems with their bags. Id def recommend not getting the one from quartermaster.
    I can't find an all black UA bag without LOGO. You're saying the Logo is cool?

  25. #21675
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    I can't find an all black UA bag without LOGO. You're saying the Logo is cool?
    You just color any logos in with marker or cover with duct tape.
    JoeNoVowel likes this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 9 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 7 guests)

  1. Matador611,
  2. sffdnyhopeful09

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register