Like Tree11258Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I try not to think about this, but its a guarantee that over the next 25 years there are gonna be lots of guys looking at ppl like me saying "He was probably a PH" or "He only got on becuz of AA" and crap like that. I dont plan on going anywhere near the racist *** Vulcans. But im hopin the racial situation isnt so bad that i may not have a choice. I told one of the Vulcan representatives at the Rock that i wont join the Vulcans becuz i dont wanna get mixed with any race related crap, i just want to do the job. He sorta laughed at me and said "When u get on and see how guys are, youll change your mind". Im just hoping hes wrong man. I mean perhaps the old school black guys had to naturally deal with racial crap comin from the old school white guys, and perhaps the department is truly changing. But with alot of the ****ed up racial comments ive seen on here over the past year from young white guys tryin to get on, i dont know.
    I think a lot of guys/gals on here have been royally screwed over because of the BS lawsuit from the vulcans. Some guys were VERY close to the academy back in '08 and were screwed over. They took this test(2000), and received a score not in hiring range. This forum has been a way for a lot of them to vent. I have no idea what/if any hardships you'll face as a black man in the firehouse, but I think if you work hard, you'll be ok. It's if you go in thinking you are owed something, then you might have issues with the other guys, which goes for anybody race/gender/religion, etc...
    Last edited by test2000; 06-12-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

I try not to think about this, but its a guarantee that over the next 25 years there are gonna be lots of guys looking at ppl like me saying "He was probably a PH" or "He only got on becuz of AA" and crap like that. I dont plan on going anywhere near the racist *** Vulcans. But im hopin the racial situation isnt so bad that i may not have a choice. I told one of the Vulcan representatives at the Rock that i wont join the Vulcans becuz i dont wanna get mixed with any race related crap, i just want to do the job. He sorta laughed at me and said "When u get on and see how guys are, youll change your mind". Im just hoping hes wrong man. I mean perhaps the old school black guys had to naturally deal with racial crap comin from the old school white guys, and perhaps the department is truly changing. But with alot of the ****ed up racial comments ive seen on here over the past year from young white guys tryin to get on, i dont know.
    You are doing the right thing steering clear if the vulcans and their racist ideals. I'm not planning on joining Emerald society or any club where your race place a part in being a member. Can't see the point of having groups that divide people that are supposed to be brothers for life. I think people will see if you are a hard worker and good person and assume the best. Maybe I'm naive but everyone I've talked to otj these days is pretty damn happy to work with any person that does the right thing.
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    What is the phone number to that automated system?
    (212) 669-1357
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

This guy EKFCASPER is trying real hard to make someone on here go on an anti minority rant. Disregard the entire post.
    Anti minority rant? Don't state my intentions when it's not even close to being that. I simply relayed what was told to me just like everyone else does on this forum. For your information, i am a minority.

Forum Member

Just curious, What's your list #
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

Here's the thing whoever has my back regardless of race better be damn good at their job. And I hope they expect the same from me. There are other jobs out there. Police, transit, sanitation etc. i hardly believe minority or otherwise the new probies that make it through probation will be bad Ffs. I think that's the only gripe guys otj have about new hires. Will they maintain the integrity of this job. That's so important. I'm sure we have all worked jobs where people don't care - it's seems like it's the furthest thing from not caring otj with fdny. We just need to make sure it always stays that way.

Forum Member

Also I plan to join every society since I'm a lot of different races. Just to make friends
    test2000 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Also I plan to join every society since I'm a lot of different races. Just to make friends

haha, same here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Just curious, What's your list #
    If your asking me, it's 26xx

Forum Member

I hear more letters are going out for the 25th run.
    Last edited by 2000_Smith; 06-12-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    List#11xx

Forum Member

The letters for the run have reached at least 1100. I can confirm this as I saw an email to a candidate below that range.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    The letters for the run have reached at least 1100. I can confirm this as I saw an email to a candidate below that range.
    They got to around 1135-1145
    List#11xx

Forum Member

Just like in the Corps bro, somebody might say something stupid like, "he only got on bc of PH/AA." But if he's a good fireman and has the respect of his house, they'll thump some morons in his defense.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Just found out a buddy of mine is going to have to wait till the Jan class cuz his investigator screwed up his paperwork when he should've been in this class.

Keep on them people.

Forum Member

You prob will get people assuming you got on as a PH and that is the vulcans fault. Lots of stupid people out there man. If someone is a victim of racism they have plenty of resources provided by the city to take appropriate actions against it. Its sad the vulcans are trying to recruit guys by telling them they should join their club to preemptively combat the racism that they should expect to encounter. That is just putting negative ideas in guys heads before they have the opportunity to form their own opinion. Who knows maybe the fd is super duper racist, I really cant say for sure yet. Hope to see firsthand come July 14.

Good luck on the run everyone.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bklynmike91 View Post
    Hey all,
    Just if anyone was wondering, the eye situation Im getting Lasik done next week, im pumped. I decided its the best option I want this job and Im not going to let eyes screw it up... I have a great doctor from Brooklyn and the surgery is done in Manhattan, If anyone wants the info PM me.. I was pretty shocked the price wasnt too steep either. Ill let you know how my experience goes after its done next week.
    maybe you didn't see my post, i said do your homework. look into PRK procedure rather than lasik.

Forum Member

listen, you want to know the f u c k i n g truth, I'm tired of this racist bull s h i t, just like any other job every now and then you'll here something a little off setting, but guess what, you'll say something a little off setting as well. its not a big f u c k i n g deal. get over it. this is not a perfect world. guys voice their opinions on some matters and when you get some time on the job you will too. when it comes down to it when your in hallway with fire in froth of you and the heat breathing down the back of your neck you know the person next to you isn't leaving the building without, PERIOD. there are times where you get mad at each other or absolutely do not agree with someone, but regardless of the fact you are brothers and you look out for each other no matter what. and this is coming from a "minority"

Forum Member

on to other things…. turn up for the world cup!
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    listen, you want to know the f u c k i n g truth, I'm tired of this racist bull s h i t, just like any other job every now and then you'll here something a little off setting, but guess what, you'll say something a little off setting as well. its not a big f u c k i n g deal. get over it. this is not a perfect world. guys voice their opinions on some matters and when you get some time on the job you will too. when it comes down to it when your in hallway with fire in froth of you and the heat breathing down the back of your neck you know the person next to you isn't leaving the building without, PERIOD. there are times where you get mad at each other or absolutely do not agree with someone, but regardless of the fact you are brothers and you look out for each other no matter what. and this is coming from a "minority"
    Damn dude was Mean Gene Okerlund interviewing you when you wrote that? whatcha gonna do brother?!?!

Forum Member

Although I agree with some of the things Ur saying . I guess u have never been subjected to certain things that make uwonder . Maybe one day u will . And Ull see where spiderneck is coming from . NYC is very diveresed not many other places are .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Although I agree with some of the things Ur saying . I guess u have never been subjected to certain things that make uwonder . Maybe one day u will . And Ull see where spiderneck is coming from . NYC is very diveresed not many other places are .
    yes i have, but what am i going to do sit and cry about it.
    like i said, you'll have your chance. its not like everyday you go to work you hear ****** this, spic that, chink that, honky this, ect….

Forum Member

What's up guys? I'm list #19xx. I'm still waiting to do psych and medical but I am going on vacation in the middle of July. Do they give you an opportunity to reschedule either of them if by some chance they happen to schedule me them for when I am away? Also how long in advance do you get the appointment letters for them. Good luck to everyone on the run and congrats to the people who just graduated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1982 View Post
    What's up guys? I'm list #19xx. I'm still waiting to do psych and medical but I am going on vacation in the middle of July. Do they give you an opportunity to reschedule either of them if by some chance they happen to schedule me them for when I am away? Also how long in advance do you get the appointment letters for them. Good luck to everyone on the run and congrats to the people who just graduated.
    If you're gonna get your med and psych in July, you should've been informed already lol. They will send it out a few weeks in advance so don't worry.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I seriously doubt anyone will treat you and differently, maybe one or two people who will be set straight. People like the vulcans look for stuff to get offended about and them they act like every one is racist if they don't agree with them. It's all politics with them. I'm sure back in the day people were really racist, but in a working environment that **** goes right out he window after you start to spend time together.
    First you are military so everyone will know you aren't a PH and secondly once they meet you they will like you, there are enough people to dislike because they are scumbags, no one is going to care about he color of your skin.
    I commend you for not joining, the same way you would commend me for not joining some white supremacy group. My friends are all on PD and no one cares about color, you are either cool and people like you or you are not.
    No point in even talking about it. You will see in time. Join merit matters if you want and people will know who you are right away.
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

yes i have, but what am i going to do sit and cry about it.
    like i said, you'll have your chance. its not like everyday you go to work you hear ****** this, spic that, chink that, honky this, ectů.
    I like what u just said, all im saying is that i hope you are right and that the Vulcans are wrong. That Vulcan guy made it sound like guys will be waiting at the house for me with hoods and nooses lol. But judging by the way ive seen them act firsthand, back during the test prep course where they made all the white guys stand outside as if this was 1949 in reverse, just had me wondering wtf is going on. Reasons like that is why id never join them. Ill always hold that against them. And i cant believe they got away with that.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 06-13-2014 at 08:54 AM.
    My1Goal likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information