Like Tree9501Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Yea I started taking Airborne yesterday when I felt it coming on but it seems my body said "nice try" and went full sickness overnight. Still taking it though, thanks.

Forum Member

Z-Pack. 100 percent guaranteed to knock everything out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think you mean Ester-C? Vitamin C tablets?
    it's a vit c powder 1000mg per pack, also has like 6 b vit's, antioxidants and electrolytes and a few other things to I just don't remember off hand
    coldblood92 likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Hey guys can't believe I just found this thread.... Little background I am 29 did 5 years in the navy currently working for a agency that inspects fire safety on cruise ships. About to go through this process my intake is this month and sounds like this will be a long process I'm sure my wife will be even more pleased. I will spend the night backtracking this thread to read up on what I'm in for good luck to you guys heading into the academy that was my dream when I was 21 maybe I'll still get there. Btw from Staten Island if anyone wants to contact me who is on the same step as me my score was 101
    River6019, Sultan and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Spicy soup, water, and rest will fix you up
    The lady is working on that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    I'll definitely check that out.
    Thanks for the replies fellas, this forum has to be the most helpful website in the world.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 106
    List: 1**

Forum Member

so if 1/17 is the date for administrative processing, are there any other days we'd have to go to the academy before 1/27? I thought someone mentioned picking up gear and stuff like that, is that a separate day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    so if 1/17 is the date for administrative processing, are there any other days we'd have to go to the academy before 1/27? I thought someone mentioned picking up gear and stuff like that, is that a separate day?
    in a previous post for the last class...i read that they had orientation the Monday before the academy. So looks like possible orientation Monday the 20th and academy on Monday the 27th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    in a previous post for the last class...i read that they had orientation the Monday before the academy. So looks like possible orientation Monday the 20th and academy on Monday the 27th
    I was thinking what ever we planned to do on 1/20 will be taking place on 1/17 instead

Forum Member

Orientation day is first, then you go to pick up your gear. I would assume OD is a week before the academy begins which is 1/27. So the week of orientation day, you guys pick up gear so you have it for the first day of the academy.
    And picking up you gear is not a easy day, the DIs will be there, no different from the Rock. At any time, you can be doing push-ups. Lol
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Orientation day is first, then you go to pick up your gear. I would assume OD is a week before the academy begins which is 1/27. So the week of orientation day, you guys pick up gear so you have it for the first day of the academy.
    And picking up you gear is not a easy day, the DIs will be there, no different from the Rock. At any time, you can be doing push-ups. Lol
    OK, thanks. So if orientation day = administrative processing day, then it's 2 days down at the rock between the run and day 1 of the academy

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.
    Drink at least two packets of Emergen-C(1,000mg Vitamin C) in the morning and I sometimes drink a third one in the night. You could even drink two packets before bed. Helps me out a lot when I'm feeling sick.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Im thinking after the run on the Thursday the 9th....they will send out more emails this Thursday and Friday afternoon for the run on Wednesday 15th.

Forum Member

So no run letters at all today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock2014 View Post
    I have a question for those who had a 1.5 mile run at some point. I wonder how long it takes to have a run and then to receive necessary paperwork and study materials. Do we have to sit around and wait for everyone to finish run and then as a group get out or its done on first come first served basis? Im just trying to plan and manage my time appropriately. Thank you
    Heads up: once the clock strikes 0700 on the day of your run you are in their hands. Shut the **** up, stay anonymous, and do as told, and it will be relatively easy. I can't remember the time frame but you'll definitely be done before noon, probably much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    its been repeated countless time but just to confirm if we go over 12 mins on this run we go into remedial correct?
    You run twice. This one, which only has to be under 13, and then sometime in the first week of the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.
    Rest. Maybe drink a ****load of dayquil on the run day. If you're in good enough shape adrenalin should get you through the run on the day of.

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Untrue. Antibiotics aren't going to do **** for a viral infection, which is what he's likely to have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

Untrue. Antibiotics aren't going to do **** for a viral infection, which is what he's likely to have.
    I agree, I jsut didnt wanna say anything. All that vita pac and airborne are BS, which is why they get sued every year. Theres been many studies that show that theres no proof that they have any affect, including vitamin C. Drink a lot of water, make sure your getting your calories in and get rest because all you can do is make sure you have enough energy and adrenaline for the run (which you probably will). You may feel like **** but you make it through. For all you guys who are sick out there and are doing the run, dont worry you got this!

Forum Member

Haha I'm not even sick and I've been drinking those emergenC's just in case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    Haha I'm not even sick and I've been drinking those emergenC's just in case.
    haha ill admit one thing though, the brain is a powerful thing so if you think they work then they just might.

Forum Member

They are right, scientifically proven they don't work. Your body can only process a certain amount of vitamin C at a time. So when you take 1,000 mg or whatever of vitamin C your body will take what it needs and send the rest to get ****ed out.

The reason people swear by these things or drinking a lot of OJ is because making sure your body is sufficiently hydrated is the real way so your body can rid the wastes inside it.

Forum Member

I'll try this one more time:
    Anyone running on the 9th that currently resides in the bay ridge area (preferably Dyker Heights) want to carpool? PM me if you do.
    LordzofBrooklyn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    I'll try this one more time:
    Anyone running on the 9th that currently resides in the bay ridge area (preferably Dyker Heights) want to carpool? PM me if you do.
    Anyone from the Bronx? Going once...going twice...

Thread Information