Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 879 of 1161 FirstFirst ... 379779829869876877878879880881882889929979 ... LastLast
Results 17,561 to 17,580 of 23210
Like Tree9088Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    Haha I'm not even sick and I've been drinking those emergenC's just in case.
    Too much Vitamin C can give you the runs and dehydrate you. Just a heads up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Anyone from the Bronx? Going once...going twice...
    I sent you a private message about the carpool. Let me know if you received it.

Forum Member

I'm starting believe that you can catch a cold through the internet. A lot of us have come down with the same thing hah. I've got a little wheezy cough going on but no pain in the throat when I swallow and no body or muscle aches. Gonna see how I feel in the morning and if no progress I'll prob give the Doc a ring.

Chicken noodle soup boys!! Works wonders! Mind over matter!

Forum Member

Nice to see a few Bronx ppl here and will be running Thursday. Hopefully we'll be in the academy together.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I'm starting believe that you can catch a cold through the internet. A lot of us have come down with the same thing hah. I've got a little wheezy cough going on but no pain in the throat when I swallow and no body or muscle aches. Gonna see how I feel in the morning and if no progress I'll prob give the Doc a ring.

Chicken noodle soup boys!! Works wonders! Mind over matter!
    Pretendonitis seems to be quite rampant around these parts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Pretendonitis seems to be quite rampant around these parts.
    LOL hey man, this cold is REAL! I swear it! Your most definitely right though haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I sent you a private message about the carpool. Let me know if you received it.
    Sent you a reply

Forum Member

"Dear *****, the fire academy is only three weeks away...." Screw you, you heartless automated email distrubution list! Stop rubbing it in!
    coldblood92 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Is there anyone under 101 that received processing paperwork? I'm wondering if they are going to process each group according to the score in the future. That seems to be the way its been going.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    "Dear *****, the fire academy is only three weeks away...." Screw you, you heartless automated email distrubution list! Stop rubbing it in!
    I'm with you dude, I hate those emails!! It's gotta be even worse for the people waiting for a run letter lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

so next class is in May or July? do we know yet?

Good luck tomorrow guys. stay hydrated, healthy and sane.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I'm with you dude, I hate those emails!! It's gotta be even worse for the people waiting for a run letter lol
    Feel both of your pain. Either of you guys hear anything on the medical or psych front?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Is there anyone under 101 that received processing paperwork? I'm wondering if they are going to process each group according to the score in the future. That seems to be the way its been going.
    Certainly seems so. Next up are the candidates who scored 100. I have to believe that the packets are sent out either randomly or all at once to the candidates with the same score. It wouldn't be fair for someone with a list # of 2300 to get their packet before someone whose list number is 3500, even though they have the same score.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Feel both of your pain. Either of you guys hear anything on the medical or psych front?
    Nothing yet but I remember Peggy Quin saying next batch of medicals would be for us. I thought she said within the next couple of months (this is back when we had out intake). Does anyone remember exactly what she said?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Certainly seems so. Next up are the candidates who scored 100. I have to believe that the packets are sent out either randomly or all at once to the candidates with the same score. It wouldn't be fair for someone with a list # of 2300 to get their packet before someone whose list number is 3500, even though they have the same score.
    I think this was spoken about before, they really don't care if someone gets a packet and someone with the same score doesn't, they aren't going to make decisions based on not hurting someone's feelings lol. Right now they may be doing it by grades because the groups aren't that big and it may fit what they need right now, but it might not stay that way as the groups of scores get bigger.

Forum Member

do you guys think a digital watch can help for the run?

Forum Member

When an investigator calls does it come up with a caller ID or is it from a blocked number? I missed a call from a "no caller ID" and was curious it was my investigator. Grasping at straws here, I know, lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    do you guys think a digital watch can help for the run?
    No. They probably won't notice it, but it is unnecessary. I assume you've practiced for this dozens of times. You aren't suddenly going to forget how to run. More importantly as myself and others have said the run is conducted by having one of the PT instructors run at a 13min/1.5m pace. If you stay ahead of him you are good to go.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Nothing yet but I remember Peggy Quin saying next batch of medicals would be for us. I thought she said within the next couple of months (this is back when we had out intake). Does anyone remember exactly what she said?
    All I remember was her adamantly saying the people in the room that day would most likely be in the summer or following class after that. After the numbers for the run, I am guessing the latter is more realistic at this point.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    All quiet on the western front. I'm sure we'll be getting dates as soon as this class goes in.
    List # 12XX

Thread Information