Like Tree10634Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDragonNY View Post
    It would seem to be a lot of unnecessary work for them to change your number, I'm pretty certain they are only changing ppl's number that were actually affected. Like me for example... I went from 17000ish down to 5xxx.5 because they didn't score me with residency originally. And as far as a revised list, I'm interested in seeing one too but I doubt it's public info for a revised one.
    I figured it would just be a computer doing it.

Why'd you fail residency if you don't mind me asking? I anticipate having a problem with them about it also since I lost every bill/statement I ever received in Sandy and it's been a pain trying to get some from 2007-2011. You can PM if you feel more comfortable.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Got run letter. High 1100's
    June 25th 7am
    Congrats! Still nothing here, unfortunately.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I figured it would just be a computer doing it.

Why'd you fail residency if you don't mind me asking? I anticipate having a problem with them about it also since I lost every bill/statement I ever received in Sandy and it's been a pain trying to get some from 2007-2011. You can PM if you feel more comfortable.
    Reread what he wrote. He didn't claim the points originally, but had his test rescored to include the points...

Forum Member

Did anyone in the 1200's get one?

Forum Member

just a precautionary question for the run we don't have to get a haircut or anything right. Just making sure because its just random how they mailed the run letter along with the grooming standards paper.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    just a precautionary question for the run we don't have to get a haircut or anything right. Just making sure because its just random how they mailed the run letter along with the grooming standards paper.
    Guys from the last class stated that if you don't get a haircut you get singled out. The DIs will bust your balls for it and it's not a good first impression. The day of the run is the first day of the paramilitary experience that you will face at the academy. So IMO get a haircut.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Guys from the last class stated that if you don't get a haircut you get singled out. The DIs will bust your balls for it and it's not a good first impression. The day of the run is the first day of the paramilitary experience that you will face at the academy. So IMO get a haircut.
    I think the guys said you don't have rock the baldy yet but it doesn't hurt to cut it short for the run and make sure it's neat. Also make sure you're cleanly shaven.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

well thank god I asked because my hair isn't very long but last thing I need is to walk in and get ripped apart the first day haha
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think the guys said you don't have rock the baldy yet but it doesn't hurt to cut it short for the run and make sure it's neat. Also make sure you're cleanly shaven.
    For some reason I remember a story about a Mohawk guy that didn't go so splendid so I put down in my notes to get a cut before the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    For some reason I remember a story about a Mohawk guy that didn't go so splendid so I put down in my notes to get a cut before the run.
    I could be wrong but I think he showed up at swear in day with the mohawk lol. I wonder if they ever straightened that guy out lol.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I could be wrong but I think he showed up at swear in day with the mohawk lol. I wonder if they ever straightened that guy out lol.
    You may be right. Regardless I wouldn't take any chances.

Forum Member

Good luck to the guys at the run tomorrow. Remember Peggy Quin has your offer letters at the finish line.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Congrats! Still nothing here, unfortunately.
    Don't sweat grizzle I'm in the same boat as you, high 1100's, I'm sure we will hear something soon, keep your head up and eye on the prize
    Jackooze and grizzle like this.
    List #: 11xx

Forum Member

Cut your hair for the run. Get a set of clippers Wahl makes some that are decent. Do a zero every Sunday and you'll be good. You don't have to bic it anymore. A zero is fine so is a fresh 1. Also shave for the run. All you want to do is fit in so the di's don't remember you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyc1220 View Post
    Show up bald. You'll be wearing that hair style for the next 18 weeks. It's a good look and the right thing to do. It shows you're into the job.

As for the guy with the mohawk, he was in my class. Caught a lot of flack for it that first day. Turned out to be a good dude though. Just don't wear or do anything that makes you stand out. Your goal should be to go through this academy and have the drill instructors not know your name.
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by america2788 View Post
    so just a question if anyone has the answer... on run day (6/18) is it just the mile and a half run or is there anything else that we do... paperwork etc..

exam 2000
    list #9**
    You'll get there early, and the DI's will come in and immediately start making fun of you. They'll ask some questions, single some people out, and basically just give you a taste of what's in store for you. After a few hours of that, the PT team will come in and give you a little low down on how they're going to do the run. They'll divide you into two groups - one will go out for the run while the rest of you sit there and get made fun of. Then they'll come back in and the second group will go out while the first group gets made fun of. You'll jog to the starting line, they'll give you a few minutes to stretch, then you run, then you jog back to the academy. Be sure to keep hydrated and bring plenty of water to drink - I had my run during that 100+ degree heat wave last year and stupidly only brought an 8 oz bottle of water because I figured we'd just get there and run and that'd be it. Then they'll line you up, and you'll go upstairs and get your acceptance letter, come downstairs, get your proby manual, some folders to keep it in, and some rules and regulations. If you fail, you'll go to BHS to redo the stair master, which you'll fail because everybody fails and you'll feel bad for a really long time.

When you come for processing, that's when you'll do a ****load of paperwork, along with the first two days of the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Cut your hair for the run. Get a set of clippers Wahl makes some that are decent. Do a zero every Sunday and you'll be good. You don't have to bic it anymore. A zero is fine so is a fresh 1. Also shave for the run. All you want to do is fit in so the di's don't remember you
    You never had to Bic it. Also, a zero once a week is no good. Zero twice a week will keep you squared away, under the radar and off the DI's mind. Start off over doing whatever is expected and then settle into a routine as you feel it out.

There's a theme here. They say do something, do it faster, be earlier, do it twice. Over do things and you'll never have a problem.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Wait why does everyone fail the stair master at BHS?

Forum Member

Because they cannot keep their heart rate down. When you get there they take your resting vitals. When you get to the stairs they put a HR monitor on you. You climb for 3 mins. If you double your HR you fail. If you don't you take a 5 min break then put a 50 lb vest on and do it again but for about 5 min and this time you can not pass your target HR for your age group. If you pass it, you get the axey waxey and have to come back for I believe a full 8 mins with a vest and as long as you don't die you pass. (Or look like your gonna die.) That being said, I believe most people that fail, fail because they did not train accordingly. The more you do the stairs and the more interval training you do, the better prepared you are and prob won't fail the stairs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    You'll get there early, and the DI's will come in and immediately start making fun of you. They'll ask some questions, single some people out, and basically just give you a taste of what's in store for you. After a few hours of that, the PT team will come in and give you a little low down on how they're going to do the run. They'll divide you into two groups - one will go out for the run while the rest of you sit there and get made fun of. Then they'll come back in and the second group will go out while the first group gets made fun of. You'll jog to the starting line, they'll give you a few minutes to stretch, then you run, then you jog back to the academy. Be sure to keep hydrated and bring plenty of water to drink - I had my run during that 100+ degree heat wave last year and stupidly only brought an 8 oz bottle of water because I figured we'd just get there and run and that'd be it. Then they'll line you up, and you'll go upstairs and get your acceptance letter, come downstairs, get your proby manual, some folders to keep it in, and some rules and regulations. If you fail, you'll go to BHS to redo the stair master, which you'll fail because everybody fails and you'll feel bad for a really long time.

When you come for processing, that's when you'll do a ****load of paperwork, along with the first two days of the academy.
    So based on this info, we should plan to be there the entire day, right? I only ask because I want to give my boss an idea of whether or not I will be able to come into work for the second half of the day after the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Wait why does everyone fail the stair master at BHS?
    Just do the run under 13 min and you won't have to worry about the stairs! Ha
    Jackooze and bklynmike91 like this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

So there's nothing we need to bring to the run other than the run letter and water correct?

Forum Member

So the first run is going on as we speak rite?
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    So the first run is going on as we speak rite?
    Apparently. Hopefully we get some updates on how the first run went this afternoon... And some more run letters I hope.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You never had to Bic it. Also, a zero once a week is no good. Zero twice a week will keep you squared away, under the radar and off the DI's mind. Start off over doing whatever is expected and then settle into a routine as you feel it out.

There's a theme here. They say do something, do it faster, be earlier, do it twice. Over do things and you'll never have a problem.
    A zero once a week is fine. I just went through the Academy a few weeks ago, never got one D card pulled. It's different now. They tell you on Fridays come with fresh cuts by Monday

Thread Information