Like Tree9833Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What's a D card?

Since everyone buzzes their hair often do most guys just get their own clippers or go to barber shops?

Twice a week gets expensive and my hair grows fast

It boggles my mind how you can show up late for the run. I hope the no shows at least emailed or called CID

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Wondering this myself. For any guys that were there today, was it 2 groups of about 50 running? Or more? Less?
    2 groups of about 50
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    What's a D card?

Since everyone buzzes their hair often do most guys just get their own clippers or go to barber shops?

It boggles my mind how you can show up late for the run. I hope the no shows at least emailed or called CID
    You buy your own clippers, wahl has some for like 20 bucks that worked for me. I'll say what most guys did and what worked for me. Use no guard meaning shortest cut on the clipper and do that on Sunday night. If it is grows fast go ahead cut it every night if you want but that time would be better spent studying. Guys that passed today probably got the manuals and saw how big they were you'll need every bit of free time for studying and getting rest.
    A D card is a card that di's or instructors will take from you for breaking rules or doing something wrong. You fill it out with the reason it was taken and your name and give it in. You're given 2 to start with and as they get taken your squad leader will replenish them. Point is to not get them taken at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I figured it would just be a computer doing it.

Why'd you fail residency if you don't mind me asking? I anticipate having a problem with them about it also since I lost every bill/statement I ever received in Sandy and it's been a pain trying to get some from 2007-2011. You can PM if you feel more comfortable.
    I didn't fail residency, they just never gave me residency (a mistake on their part or maybe I didn't check a box during the exam? really don't remember). I'm sitting on 5xxx.5 now so I have yet to prove my residency haha. I had to mail them a letter to update my score from a 93 to a 98. I was affected by Sandy as well, but luckily Chase and Citi has all their statements on-line so I have them printed and ready whenever I'm called....
    Last edited by FireDragonNY; 06-17-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    There will be an instructor running an 8 min/mile pace. He will start behind the group and give you a 2 second head start. Main thing is to just be ahead, or at the very least be level with him. You could fall behind him and then speed up to pass him at any time.
    8 min pace??? That means he'll finish the run @ 12 min, not 13. You sure he is'nt running slower, cuz if hes running 8 min pace that means some ppl got fu*ked lol.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    What's a D card?

I hope they didnt.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

what did the run day consist of (besides the run) ? did they inform you of the next date you will have to return (insurance paper work payroll), or is the academy the next thing ?

Forum Member

Don't worry about the pace runner. He's not there to establish an official time. He's there to give you some idea of where you are on the pace. Times kept digitally at the finish line and that's all that matters.

Let's keep this simple......be IFO the pace guy!
    test2000 likes this.

Forum Member

what did the run day consist of (besides the run) ? did they inform you of the next date you will have to return (insurance paper work payroll), or is the academy the next thing ?

I Have the Run tomorrow, thanks.
    Last edited by Joemika; 06-17-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Forum Member

Guys should be training more for the 12 min run anyway. I for one DO NOT want to be in remedial. The academy seems hard enough. I can only imagine having to stay even longer for more pt after an already brutal day at the rock. Thats why we should look at the initial run day as a 12 min run. Forget about the number 13.
    USMC55 and bklynmike91 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Question for the guys who did the run today,
    Was the physical copy of the run letter required? Mine was drenched from rain one day and I no longer have it. I didn't want to bring my phone in to show the email since I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible.

If anyone has any info on that, it is much appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TS27 View Post
    Question for the guys who did the run today,
    Was the physical copy of the run letter required? Mine was drenched from rain one day and I no longer have it. I didn't want to bring my phone in to show the email since I'm trying to stay as anonymous as possible.

If anyone has any info on that, it is much appreciated.

You do not need the run letter. They never asked for it this morning.

Good Luck
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joemika View Post

I Have the Run tomorrow, thanks.
    Someone posted about this a page ago.

You run, get your acceptance letter, get your manuals and go back into the auditorium and get dismissed. I would plan on being there the majority of the day.

Forum Member

And for clarification with the haircuts. Buy your own buzzer. Getting haircuts every weekend is unnecessary because you can do it yourself.

You're gonna look just as ugly with a 0 as you would a 1. If you want to be squared away, do what I did.

Sunday night I would buzz my head down to a 0. Lather it up with some shaving creme and shave off the rest of the stubble. My hair grows crazy quick and I was still good come Friday. This way you don't need to worry about your hair at all during the week. I wouldn't recommend skipping the shaving step until you figure out how the rock works.

Or come in with dread locks, that's acceptable now too.
    FDsouthbxNY and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

I hope those candidates who failed the run sue the FDNY. The last winners of the 1.5 mile race shouldn't be penalized. Just like firemen don't need comprehension skills in math or reading, they certainly do not run to fires.. they ride in the firetrucks. The FDNY should evaluate each candidate on an individual basis and not hold people to such high standards as running 1.5 miles under 13 minutes. This job is for everyone regardless of running ability.
    USMC55 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    I hope those candidates who failed the run sue the FDNY. The last winners of the 1.5 mile race shouldn't be penalized. Just like firemen don't need comprehension skills in math or reading, they certainly do not run to fires.. they ride in the firetrucks. The FDNY should evaluate each candidate on an individual basis and not hold people to such high standards as running 1.5 miles under 13 minutes. This job is for everyone regardless of running ability.
    You are being sarcastic?? Bro, pretty much any agency (military, law enforcement, fire) all have very similar credentials to have the right to attend academy. If you weren't joking, I assume you are a fat piece of sh*t who couldn't handle the run. Sorry bro, but get in shape. Next you are going to tell me that everyone should have a shot at harvard and they shouldn't look at things like GPA in high school. Because, let's be real, what does getting a 4.0 GPA in high school have to do with success at Harvard?
    MikeLarryM35 likes this.

Forum Member

This is dripping with sarcasm... I hope
    vekdoggs75 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Someone posted about this a page ago.

You run, get your acceptance letter, get your manuals and go back into the auditorium and get dismissed. I would plan on being there the majority of the day.

any word on when we will have to return or is next time (following run) July 14th ?

Forum Member

Thank you sir!

Forum Member

Sarcasm!? what's that? I just hope those POS know what they just threw away. They better not get a second chance.
    test2000 and USMC55 like this.

Forum Member

Sarcasm!? what's that? I just hope those POS know what they just threw away. They better not get a second chance.
    Haha, phew. The thought of suing, gets me worked up, lol... Yeah, i agree though..

Forum Member

I liked this line lol...
    The last winners of the 1.5 mile race shouldn't be penalized.

For guys who ran today - did it seem like many of the candidates were below list # 720 (if you'd even have the chance to find that out)?

Curious if that's why it seems the list is moving so unexpectedly slow.
    NewSteveYork likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Haha, phew. The thought of suing, gets me worked up, lol... Yeah, i agree though..
    Sorry fellas, I'm just fuming right now. I would crawl 1.5 miles under 13 minutes if it meant getting into the July class. Taking a break from this forum. depressing
    My1Goal and FFleak like this.

Forum Member

Guys you know when you’re hooking up with a blind date, you listen to how your friend describes the blind date, and you can tell by how she is described that she SOUNDS UGLY…. And you know when we have that insecure friend we can say they SOUND like they have Small CAHUNAS… well dude you SOUND like you are FAT, no disrespect… the mere fact that you would think someone not being able to do a 1.5 mile run within the allotted time “shouldn’t be penatlized” make me think your over-all work ethics suck and you should reevaluate your career path to become a FDNY FF… I really pray you were joking dude… if so..LOL
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #14xx (MID)
    INTAKE ✓
    MEDICAL ✓
    CPAT ✓
    PHYCH ✓

Forum Member

I agree NewSteveYork. Past couple of weeks, I've been glued to this forum and refreshing my email. Low 1200's here and no run letter, no response from investigator. Good luck to the guys and gals going for the runand entering the July academy. I guess im going to continue with life for another 6 months. Truly a hard pill to swallow but it is what it is.

Thread Information