Like Tree10650Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NewSteveYork View Post
    I hope those candidates who failed the run sue the FDNY. The last winners of the 1.5 mile race shouldn't be penalized. Just like firemen don't need comprehension skills in math or reading, they certainly do not run to fires.. they ride in the firetrucks. The FDNY should evaluate each candidate on an individual basis and not hold people to such high standards as running 1.5 miles under 13 minutes. This job is for everyone regardless of running ability.
    Yes, for everyone who is as sharp as marbles this WAS sarcasm. Good luck in July. NSY Over and out
    USMC55 and bklynmike91 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USA2000 View Post
    I agree NewSteveYork. Past couple of weeks, I've been glued to this forum and refreshing my email. Low 1200's here and no run letter, no response from investigator. Good luck to the guys and gals going for the runand entering the July academy. I guess im going to continue with life for another 6 months. Truly a hard pill to swallow but it is what it is.
    Buck up there buddy. Talked to my investigator yesterday and there's still plenty of run letters that will need to go out to fill this class. 1200's and even 1300's should be ready at a moments notice.
    My1Goal, joro89, test2000 and 2 others like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

That's great news. Thanks for the info River6019. I remain hopeful.

Forum Member

Other than the stepmill, what kind of exercises did you guys find most helpful to prepare you for parts of the CPAT?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    Other than the stepmill, what kind of exercises did you guys find most helpful to prepare you for parts of the CPAT?
    Towel pull-ups/squats. If you have the lungs, grip strength/shoulders and legs will be what pushes you to a good time. It's really not that difficult, but what made it fun was trying to lower my time every week and pushing myself with workouts. You'll see once you start the timed trials at the Rock.
    bklynmike91 likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Everyone owes NewSteveYork an apology for calling him a fat POS and not sensing his sarcasm lmao
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    I thought the CPAT was a joke the first time I saw a vid on it. I didn't attend not one trial at the Rock. I passed it, but barely lol. I ordered a weight vest the next day after seeing how real it was. It's not that hard really it's just the stepmill kills your legs and gets you winded, making everything else much tougher than they would be otherwise. That's what I didn't estimate. So I'd say just master that stepmill, because dragging an empty hose, raising a ladder, carrying tools and crawling thru a tunnel doesn't take any strength I think. Maybe some squats for the dummy pull but other than that, master that stepmill so that you still have wind and strength after 3 minutes and everything else will be a breeze.
    bklynmike91 likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

That's why the medical is harder than the CPAT imo. Guys who pass the CPAT get taken out at the medical lol.
    FFleak likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    That's why the medical is harder than the CPAT imo. Guys who pass the CPAT get taken out at the medical lol.
    That is scary.. How would they get taken out other than heart rate stuff? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    That is scary.. How would they get taken out other than heart rate stuff? Thanks
    Because guys are not able to complete the 8 mins with the vest on .
    bklynmike91 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Because guys are not able to complete the 8 mins with the vest on .
    Oh I thought he meant even after they pass the cpat..

Forum Member

Oh I thought he meant even after they pass the cpat..
    He did mean that . The medical is after Cpat . And to be honest it's more difficult

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    He did mean that . The medical is after Cpat . And to be honest it's more difficult
    Oh I been following this thread for real long but I never read about the 8 min on the medical... Its with the 75 pounds I'm guessing right? Under the heart rate monitor as well correct? Thanks

Forum Member

Oh I been following this thread for real long but I never read about the 8 min on the medical... Its with the 75 pounds I'm guessing right? Under the heart rate monitor as well correct? Thanks
    50lb with the heart rate monitor
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    A zero once a week is fine. I just went through the Academy a few weeks ago, never got one D card pulled. It's different now. They tell you on Fridays come with fresh cuts by Monday
    This is completely irrelevant here. Guys will learn about D cards when they need to.

As far as the run is concerned if you have a letter just show up on time with whatever it says you need. They'll take care of the rest. There's a pacer, but come on, if you're sincerely worried about 1.5 in 13 minutes you got bigger problems.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    So based on this info, we should plan to be there the entire day, right? I only ask because I want to give my boss an idea of whether or not I will be able to come into work for the second half of the day after the run.
    Plan to be there the entire day. Realistically, you should be getting out around 3. But once you're there, you belong to them. Don't make any set plans for afterwards. Even if you wind up getting out earlier then you though, enjoy your last few weeks of freedom - the next 5 months are going to be tough.

Forum Member

I don't remember how long it took, I thought I was out by noon, but I could be wrong. OJ is right though. Once you walk through the gates for the run your *** is theirs.
    JDNY13 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

what is quartermaster day like? what do you have to wear to that day? how long does that take?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    what is quartermaster day like? what do you have to wear to that day? how long does that take?
    They'll tell you. Listen, from here on out you're a professional on a job interview. Unless you're doing something athletic, you should be wearing shoes, slacks and a collar.....no hat. Dress in a way that will make people take you seriously.

After that.....it's all uniforms.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

You need a white, 100% cotton jumpsuit. No logos. Don't even think of asking about what happens if you don't show up in a jumpsuit.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You need a white, 100% cotton jumpsuit. No logos. Don't even think of asking about what happens if you don't show up in a jumpsuit.
    Can I substitute my white footie pajamas for the jumpsuit ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

I only have an orange jumpsuit. Do they test for steroids at the quartermaster?
    River6019 and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Updates on the run today?

Forum Member

I only have an orange jumpsuit. Do they test for steroids at the quartermaster?
    Yes but since your head is shaved by then they need to collect the hair from other places. Be prepared.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Yes but since your head is shaved by then they need to collect the hair from other places. Be prepared.
    Why even pay 4040 any attention . How can I ignore a members post ? This guy is not contributing , he's just wasting bandwidth at this point .

Thread Information