Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 884 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 384784834874881882883884885886887894934984 ... LastLast
Results 17,661 to 17,680 of 23115
Like Tree9064Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    How many people would you guess ran today total between both groups? 170 to 220?

So we can confirm there were some who recycled at the run today. How about any promotionals or priority hires?

You would think since priority hires, promos and recycles are going to get hired b4 any OC guys that they would of all ran today.
    I know for a fact some if not all promo guys ran on an earlier date. I also think you're asking a lot of guys who ran. Information at the academy is on a need to know basis, and candidates/new probes don't need to know any of the info you're asking about, so they aren't finding out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I had the CPAT information session earlier this week. There is no dress code. You don't need gym attire because you won't do the CPAT practices on that day but instead you choose one day a week (it has to be the same day) starting on 1/20 until the week of 3/24 to go in for the CPAT prep.

The schedule is M-F 6pm - 10pm
    SAT at 8am and 1pm
    I have the information sessions this Saturday. About how long was the whole orientation? Thanks
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    We didn't have much time to talk. Most of the time spent was getting yelled at haha.
    Congratulations, now stop talking about it. You know the right thing to do is keep the experience a mystery so that others can experience it for themselves the same way you did.
    ffbam24 and Mtk123 like this.

Forum Member

Can anyone from the run today answer my question about those 30 questions we need to type up?

"And about the 30 questions we need to type up. When he said write four answers, does he mean one correct answer and 3 incorrect ones? (like we're making up a test with answers A,B,C and D) or just answer 4 of your own 30 correctly? I didn't really understand that."

Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Congratulations, now stop talking about it. You know the right thing to do is keep the experience a mystery so that others can experience it for themselves the same way you did.
    Thank you, and you're right. Will do.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    I hope everyone did well with the run! I wish someone can answer the question for us people who won't get to attend the CPAT orientation this week. Since I wouldn't get the chance to choose what day I would like to attend for the 12 week course, will they send me an email to do so? What other valuable information do they share with you other then techniques needed to learn about the course?
    The techniques of the course are taught during CPAT prep not the orientation. During the orientation they hand you the CPAT prep guide and show you the CPAT course video. You can view these at

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...oduction.shtml

Some key facts stated during orientation;
    The academy is 20 times harder than the CPAT
    You are fortunate to be sitting there and not to lose the opportunity
    Why its the best job in the world
    The job is marketed as the best job in the world with its pay, benefits, vacation etc, but what they fail to tell you is that firefighters die

Thats all I can remember from the top of my head.

Also, I really don't know how you can choose your CPAT prep days if you don't attend the orientation because they give you an admission card there to get into the building for the days you choose.

Forum Member

Anyone else get any medical or psych notices in the mail today ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    I have the information sessions this Saturday. About how long was the whole orientation? Thanks
    My orientation lasted about 3 hours

Forum Member

Anyone in Long Island want to get a running group together? PM me

Forum Member

Can anyone from the run today answer my question about those 30 questions we need to type up?

"And about the 30 questions we need to type up. When he said write four answers, does he mean one correct answer and 3 incorrect ones? (like we're making up a test with answers A,B,C and D) or just answer 4 of your own 30 correctly? I didn't really understand that."

Thanks!
    What do you mean 30 questions? Like personal questions?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    What do you mean 30 questions? Like personal questions?
    If you were at the run today you'll know what I mean. Otherwise, you don't need to worry about it.

Forum Member

If you were at the run today you'll know what I mean. Otherwise, you don't need to worry about it.
    My bad dude, just saw MM's message. Didn't mean to put you in a bad spot.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Double post
    Last edited by NYgrad2012; 01-09-2014 at 12:55 PM.
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    The techniques of the course are taught during CPAT prep not the orientation. During the orientation they hand you the CPAT prep guide and show you the CPAT course video. You can view these at

http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/html/un...oduction.shtml

Some key facts stated during orientation;
    The academy is 20 times harder than the CPAT
    You are fortunate to be sitting there and not to lose the opportunity
    Why its the best job in the world
    The job is marketed as the best job in the world with its pay, benefits, vacation etc, but what they fail to tell you is that firefighters die

Thats all I can remember from the top of my head.

Also, I really don't know how you can choose your CPAT prep days if you don't attend the orientation because they give you an admission card there to get into the building for the days you choose.
    Thanks Danny! Does anyone know how and if you can choose your CPAT prep days without attending orientation?

And does the CPAT prep courses start Jan 20th?
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I know for a fact some if not all promo guys ran on an earlier date. I also think you're asking a lot of guys who ran. Information at the academy is on a need to know basis, and candidates/new probes don't need to know any of the info you're asking about, so they aren't finding out.
    thanks for explaining how an academy works.

Im asking to get information. Maybe people actually spoke to each other there and people can confirm if there were priority hires and recycles there. Maybe someone while waiting to run did a head count of candidates. No ones expecting the academy staff to announce this info to the candidates running but thank you for letting everyone know its on a need to know basis.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Took psych over a month ago.
    a month ago?! where was the announcement on the forum! lol congrats man
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    Thanks Danny! Does anyone know how and if you can choose your CPAT prep days without attending orientation?

And does the CPAT prep courses start Jan 20th?
    Yes it starts the week of 1/20

Forum Member

I don't care about that stuff, it's more just don't talk about the specifics of what goes on. Let everyone experience that for themselves.

The questions sounds like something they'd have guys do in my class if they weren't doing well on the quizzes. To me it sounds like: Do the assigned reading, and come up with 30 multiple choice type questions with 4 choices, 1 right and 3 wrong.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    thanks for explaining how an academy works.

Im asking to get information. Maybe people actually spoke to each other there and people can confirm if there were priority hires and recycles there. Maybe someone while waiting to run did a head count of candidates. No ones expecting the academy staff to announce this info to the candidates running but thank you for letting everyone know its on a need to know basis.
    1. Does it really matter? You either got a run letter or you didn't.

2. And of course there had to be PH and Ems both new and recycles there. Come on man use your head.

Forum Member

First off good job to everyone who passed the run today. You know have your foot in the door so to speak - have no doubt you are up to the challenge. I would think it would behoove you all to stay off the board until after graduation. You have much more pressing matters in the here and now to deal with. Carpe Diem!
    And as an FYI for anyone whom is starting the whole process right now, i.e - filling out their packets, attending CPAT prep. I was concerned about the W2 requirements for the 2011 time period since I was in nursing school at the time and was receiving the Post 9/11 G.I Bill as my means of support thus I had no W2 for that year. I called CID and spoke with one of the investigators. They told me that they would accept by sealed college transcripts in lieu of the other form. Not sure if anyone else is in that same perdiciment but wanted to share.

Thread Information