Like Tree11285Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Spoke to someone in CID, they confirmed more packets will be sent out in the fall or sooner
    kevin666 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

I don't wanna stir the pot and get guys hopes up but my mentor sent me an email giving me an update to pass along to some friends of mine states run letters have bn sent out to #1245 and one final run will probaly consist of 40-50 more names w a chance of getting to as high as 1330 depending on how many fail. But according to him they are looking to field a full class of 330 probies. Wish all you guys on the cusp the best of luck and hope you join me
    FFleak likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Spoke to someone in CID, they confirmed more packets will be sent out in the fall or sooner
    Fall sounds about right look at November as a possibility. Enough candidates for janaury . Then prepare to wait a year .
    kevin666 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    I don't wanna stir the pot and get guys hopes up but my mentor sent me an email giving me an update to pass along to some friends of mine states run letters have bn sent out to #1245 and one final run will probaly consist of 40-50 more names w a chance of getting to as high as 1330 depending on how many fail. But according to him they are looking to field a full class of 330 probies. Wish all you guys on the cusp the best of luck and hope you join me
    I won't speak about specific #s on the list but I'd say it's 100% true that they want to start with 320-330 people in the academy. They will keep calling names on the list to get to that #, especially knowing that a good handful will quit in the first week anyways. If you're on the cusp be prepared. Personally I think they should up the starting # to 350. They'd still likely lose enough in the first 1-2 weeks to make the load bearable at the academy, and get more people through in 1 shot.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Hey pal, did they tell you approx what list numbers? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I won't speak about specific #s on the list but I'd say it's 100% true that they want to start with 320-330 people in the academy. They will keep calling names on the list to get to that #, especially knowing that a good handful will quit in the first week anyways. If you're on the cusp be prepared. Personally I think they should up the starting # to 350. They'd still likely lose enough in the first 1-2 weeks to make the load bearable at the academy, and get more people through in 1 shot.
    I hear that alot. Whats the reason so many quit in the first 2 weeks? Failure to adjust im guessin? Cuz i know the first 2 weeks arent the hardest of the 18.

Forum Member

Knowing the academy attrition rate does the dept put together 320 class size because they want to graduate 280? Or would they ideally like to graduate north of three hundred probies?

If that's the case then look forward to them backfilling classes or putting together larger class in the future

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    I hear that alot. Whats the reason so many quit in the first 2 weeks? Failure to adjust im guessin? Cuz i know the first 2 weeks arent the hardest of the 18.
    I bet turnover varies person to person. Some people can't deal with soreness. I bet the first week - regardless of your fitness level - leave you sore, and very tired.

Others realize that the job isn't all status and glamour. Finally, some probably don't like the yelling and paramilitary element.

Really, who knows. I'm older now than when I first tried for the job 8 years ago back then I was really dreading the early mornings. Now I don't care about that stuff

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hey pal, did they tell you approx what list numbers? Thanks
    Hey man, they currently sent out packets some where in the 2000's...they wouldn't get more specific than that. There's guys that are in the 2300's and got packets last go around so hopefully they'll get somewhere in the 3k
    Exam 2000

Forum Member

Hey man, they currently sent out packets some where in the 2000's...they wouldn't get more specific than that. There's guys that are in the 2300's and got packets last go around so hopefully they'll get somewhere in the 3k

That's false Info . The last person to receieve a packet last November was 2219 . No one in the 100s range received a packet . Only the 101s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    That's false Info . The last person to receieve a packet last November was 2219 . No one in the 100s range received a packet . Only the 101s
    Yea, I was gonna say, I know packets went out to the 2100s up to 2200 tops. I know a couple of people in the 2300s and they don't have anything. Maybe they will in a couple of months in September. That's when I got my packet.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Yea, I was gonna say, I know packets went out to the 2100s up to 2200 tops. I know a couple of people in the 2300s and they don't have anything. Maybe they will in a couple of months in September. That's when I got my packet.
    Yea . I feel bad for the guys that are going crazy begging for packets now . And they may have to wait another year plus . To have a crack at the academy . If I have a shot at this janaury that would be 13 months since I got my packet . And I'm not stressing it one bit . Good things come to those who wait .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Yea . I feel bad for the guys that are going crazy begging for packets now . And they may have to wait another year plus . To have a crack at the academy . If I have a shot at this janaury that would be 13 months since I got my packet . And I'm not stressing it one bit . Good things come to those who wait .
    I have a good feeling I will receive my packet this year.. As long as I have one in my hand i won't mind waiting the extra year plus cause I will know I'm getting my stuff processed.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    I have a good feeling I will receive my packet this year.. As long as I have one in my hand i won't mind waiting the extra year plus cause I will know I'm getting my stuff processed.
    I hope so to….they've been sending out the packets for each score. I hope we are next after the 100's get theres. There is a lot of people who scored a 100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    It seems to be standard that the first week causes a lot to quit because it's either overwhelming, not what they expected, or they can't handle a paramilitary environment. Some unprepared jackasses are sure to quit after the first or second PT session. Nobody has any respect for that. 2-3 weeks in there will be another rash of resignations when they start putting people through the major skills. By the start of week 3 you'll have climbed an aerial ladder, been lowered off the side of a building on a rope, and been in the smokehouse. Some people realize during/after those things that this isn't for them. Can't really fault em for trying and realizing this was a mistake, since it's not like they wimped out in PT.

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Knowing the academy attrition rate does the dept put together 320 class size because they want to graduate 280? Or would they ideally like to graduate north of three hundred probies? If that's the case then look forward to them backfilling classes or putting together larger class in the future
    I'm sure they'd love to graduate 320. They don't go much above that because there's a limitation to how many people they can squeeze into the locker rooms, as well as there being such a thing as too large a squad. You don't want guys running late or missing training because there's 40 guys per squad and not enough time.

With the last 3 classes they have not backfilled at all, so don't expect it.
    FDsouthbxNY and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Yeah that sounds about right.
    Exam 2000

Forum Member

I also have a Probie Manual Printed out if anyone wants it. You can either pick it up in Astoria Queens sometime or put up the cost for shipping and I'll send it out. PM Me

To everyone that made it for July see you on the 7th! So is it a consensus that we should have a shaved head and suit for admin day? I'm gonna do it, rather be safe then sorry. Keep training and reading!
    coldblood92 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

You should've had a shaved head for the run. If any of you didn't and you passed the run, from here on out, you should have a full shave.
    FDsouthbxNY and JoeNoVowel like this.

Forum Member

Question about an injury I'm dealing with. I've got pain on the outside of my left wrist but only in pushing motions or if I bend it towards the outside. I saw the doc a week and a half ago I've been resting it for almost a month at this point and I took naproxen for it. I even wear a brace for stabilizing it. Nothing works. No pain as long as I don't bend in that direction but once I go for a push-up or push open a heavy door the pain is at least an 8/9 on the 10pt scale. Anyone else come across this issue or something similar and what did you do to fix it and how did you maintain your strength regimen? Also how long did it take to subside?
    I've got a follow up on Wednesday for X-rays and an MRI so maybe I'll know more then but when I saw him last he was 99% sure it was just tendinitis.

Best of luck and congrats to all those that passed your run. I can't wait to experience that feeling finally as well when I finally get my shot.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Question about an injury I'm dealing with. I've got pain on the outside of my left wrist but only in pushing motions or if I bend it towards the outside. I saw the doc a week and a half ago I've been resting it for almost a month at this point and I took naproxen for it. I even wear a brace for stabilizing it. Nothing works. No pain as long as I don't bend in that direction but once I go for a push-up or push open a heavy door the pain is at least an 8/9 on the 10pt scale. Anyone else come across this issue or something similar and what did you do to fix it and how did you maintain your strength regimen? Also how long did it take to subside?
    I've got a follow up on Wednesday for X-rays and an MRI so maybe I'll know more then but when I saw him last he was 99% sure it was just tendinitis.

Best of luck and congrats to all those that passed your run. I can't wait to experience that feeling finally as well when I finally get my shot.
    It's not looking good

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    It's not looking good
    Lol can you expand a bit on that. Why is that?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Lol can you expand a bit on that. Why is that?
    Try the stranger. Will put less stress on that wrist.

Forum Member

I'm probably going to have to bic my head. Shaved it for the run and two days later it already felt like it was unacceptable length.

Annoying.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

This may sound like a silly question, but the letter we were given after passing the run says to bring a money order for the Oath of Office Fee. So I assume that is also the day we are going to be sworn in, in addition to filling out paperwork, right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    This may sound like a silly question, but the letter we were given after passing the run says to bring a money order for the Oath of Office Fee. So I assume that is also the day we are going to be sworn in, in addition to filling out paperwork, right?
    Yes, and as I was told, if you want help a future brother out, bring an extra for those knuckleheads that forgot.

Thread Information