Like Tree10546Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Guys take it easy on workouts I know we all want to be i know the best shape we can be come July 14 but we also need to be as healthy and fresh as we can be. I strained my calf before the run. I passed but believe me I am paying for it now. Keep your conditioning up but dont push yourselfs too hard. best of luck to everybody, see you guys on the 7th
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

To the gentlemen who have already been thru the academy, I'm thinking of going with compression leg sleeves instead of the socks due to the weather, help with chafing from the boots and the fact that I will be able to change my socks if needed. What do you guys think? Would that be a good option?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Don't you remember the emails "be ready to run on day one" lol.
    I know we will run on day one. I was just curious what part of the day we run and hoping it would be early morning when it's not that hot.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Just got my letter. July 2nd. List #130x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    Guys take it easy on workouts I know we all want to be i know the best shape we can be come July 14 but we also need to be as healthy and fresh as we can be. I strained my calf before the run. I passed but believe me I am paying for it now. Keep your conditioning up but dont push yourselfs too hard. best of luck to everybody, see you guys on the 7th
    Yea I feel I've worked myself up to an acceptable level. Just trying to maintain it until the 14th
    TomFromQueens likes this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYProspect View Post
    To the gentlemen who have already been thru the academy, I'm thinking of going with compression leg sleeves instead of the socks due to the weather, help with chafing from the boots and the fact that I will be able to change my socks if needed. What do you guys think? Would that be a good option?
    I'm going with calf compressions as well.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    I called DCAS and got the automated message today. It says 730 have been appointed and 1600 was the last eligible. Not sure what that means but you should be coming up quick.
    730= eligible appointed = the last list number reached for Jan 2014 class

1604.5= eligible certified =the last list number that is done with every step in the process (Medicals, psychs etc.) and is certified to get into the next class if they pass the run.
    kevin666 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevin666 View Post
    Richmond Hill area close to ozone and woodhaven
    around what list num are you ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmart1 View Post
    Rego Park...
    have you started running already ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Face33 View Post
    I'm also looking at January ...,anybody here from queens (woodhaven,ozone area )
    yea bro, jamaica.
    Score: 101
    List No. 13XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Face33 View Post
    around what list num are you ?
    I'm 265x
    i been slacking on the running the last few weeks i gotta start getting back into it

Forum Member

Anyone here got a printed out Probie Manuel they are not using?
    i wanna get an early start on the reading

Thanks in advance

Forum Member

I'm trying to put my LIST Number in the signature in my profile like most of you guys but i cant seem to find it.
    Help... Please message me

Forum Member

Thanks in advance
    Don't go crazy studying. Be more concerned about being in shape. Unless you've got someone helping you understand the books it's best to just pay attention while you're there.
    kevin666 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks in advance
    I have one that I printed out a while ago, not using it now that I have the one they gave me pm me
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Anyone have an idea what happens to annual leave and sick leave if you're transferring over to FD from another, non-uniform, city agency? I am, and if I'm not mistaken, AL/SL from non-uniform does not transfer over to uniform, but I would get a pay-out for my AL and half of my SL when I leave my current job. Anyone in a similar situation know if that's correct?

Forum Member

Yea I keep telling myself I have 3 weeks off till the academy I should read through the books but I'm just not that kind of person. Hands on and even just listening in class I absorb a lot but just sitting there reading does nothing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Anyone have an idea what happens to annual leave and sick leave if you're transferring over to FD from another, non-uniform, city agency? I am, and if I'm not mistaken, AL/SL from non-uniform does not transfer over to uniform, but I would get a pay-out for my AL and half of my SL when I leave my current job. Anyone in a similar situation know if that's correct?
    I was told you get paid out for your AL and lose all of your sick.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I was told you get paid out for your AL and lose all of your sick.
    I was told you get paid for all your AL and half your sick time. Reasoning told to me was thats how it works (at least in FDNY EMS) when you retire. Maybe someone who has made the move knows more...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    I know we will run on day one. I was just curious what part of the day we run and hoping it would be early morning when it's not that hot.
    Like MM said, it usually is before noon. But remember guys, you wiill be in bunker gear most of the day after the first few days of the academy, so get used to sweating and being hot most of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Yea I keep telling myself I have 3 weeks off till the academy I should read through the books but I'm just not that kind of person. Hands on and even just listening in class I absorb a lot but just sitting there reading does nothing.
    My suggestion would be to read, the hands on training helps you with the practicals at the academy, but reading about the tools members are supposed to be carrying for what type of building will help you with the quizzes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Nothing transfers. You should be paid your A/L and any comp time accumulated. Whether you get any of your sick time may be up to your specific agency. I think only people who were with FDNY EMS for a long enough amount of time (10 years? I'm not really sure) got any of their sick leave paid out. I did not get any sick time paid out.

Forum Member

The discussion of time and leave stuff reminded me of something relevant to everyone who graduated in class 14-01. You don't get a vacation this year, however you may be entitled to an adjusted tour off (1 night tour) because you will work half the year in the group chart.

I would wait till November/December to bring that up, because you will definitely have earned it by then, but just keep that in mind. My class had the same situation arise. Someone else figured it out and brought it to our attention. When I asked my captain he had originally been unsure until he checked the regs and confirmed it.
    Last edited by Manhattan Medic; 06-27-2014 at 12:20 PM.

Forum Member

Hey MM, are you officially off probation, yet?!?!?!

Forum Member

[QUOTE=FFwnt2b;1413175]Like MM said, it usually is before noon. But remember guys, you wiill be in bunker gear most of the day after the first few days of the academy, so get used to sweating and being hot most of the day.

I work in a garage wearing "dickies" type shirts and long pants in the heat so I'm used to sweating all day THEN going to do calisthenics and run outside after. I know it's not exactly like wearing bunker gear but it's also not like wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt either lol. I prefer dripping sweat than freezing cold lol

Bring it on!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Don't go crazy studying. Be more concerned about being in shape. Unless you've got someone helping you understand the books it's best to just pay attention while you're there.
    Thats good to hear. Ive been studying the manual literally 4-5 hours on weekdays and over 20 hours on weekends (i have a weekend security job where i just sit there for 12 hrs on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday so i read the manual entire time).

The DI's were makin it seem like if we didnt start reading now then we'd be completely lost when classes start. Ive been studying my *** off becuz of that, even got nylon rope to practice knots with lol. I know i may be going crazy over here but im trying to literally forget about everything except for fire fighting. Even made the wife watch "Backdraft" with me last night; pausing the movie every few scenes to explain why theyre doing this and that lol...im losing my mind.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 06-27-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    FFleak likes this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information