Like Tree9858Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I have the review tomorrow morning. A little nervous. I actually missed answering one question. Anyone going to Bklyn at 8am tomorrow?

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    Skav, did you submit a formal protest of any questions?
    Nope I didnt see the point. EverythIng was straight forward and the answers were all logical. You can't protest a question without it making sense as to why you are protesting.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Just finished my review, I got 12 partial credit on the personality Q's and 6 wrong on videos and reading comp all together.
    Hey look at that I was wrong, I didn't think they would grade the personality questions.
    What do you mean "12 partial credit".. Out of how many? Did they give you the right answers they wanted for the personality? I don't get it

Forum Member

Bensonhurstlovesme, do you have your Private messages turned off?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Hey look at that I was wrong, I didn't think they would grade the personality questions.
    What do you mean "12 partial credit".. Out of how many? Did they give you the right answers they wanted for the personality? I don't get it
    Well, it's Either partial credit or full credit. If you got the question wrong according to them you got partial credit. Reading comp and vid all together I got 6 wrong. Sorry for the late reply I was down the block at the bar from the site lol

MembersZone Subscriber

Is it OK to talk about the test yet? Without getting into too much detail my only complaint was that some of the personality questions were easier if you're closer to high school age. Anyone know what I'm getting at? I got stuck on one question and it caused me to miss that last few questions altogether. If it wasn't timed I wouldn't have had an issue with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Bensonhurstlovesme, do you have your Private messages turned off?
    Just turned it on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    st francis is right there. you could beg someone to use a printer.
    city tech was there too, i used to go there, so got it printed out there..

I go in at 4 today yay!! But nervous at the same damn time. Good luck jay hope you did very well.
    thanks man you too

Well, it's Either partial credit or full credit. If you got the question wrong according to them you got partial credit. Reading comp and vid all together I got 6 wrong. Sorry for the late reply I was down the block at the bar from the site lol
    ok this is my review on the exam.. i had 2 questions wrong on the test (aside from the personality section) i did think the test was easy at first, so i did go in thinking i did fine. i also did protest against those 2 questions i got wrong, il tell you guys why ina bit.. on the personality section I did get a couple full credit and partial credit, there wasn't any "wrong answers"

Okay im not sure if people are still taking the test I just edited out the 2 questions i protested. One was a video the other was a passage question. they both weren't CLEAR enough and i hope you guys also protest against em, keep and eye out for your incorrect answers..

there were about 15 people at the Brooklyn site today.. not many i know, was kind of weird seeing empty seats all around. The session is 4 hours but you'll be done in less than 2, even if you have protests
    Last edited by Jay513; 05-11-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Forum Member

yes, every answer had FC or PC or NC.. which stands for full, partial, or no credit.. some questions had 2 or 3 FC, some had 2 or PC in the personality questions, none were NC

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jay513 View Post
    ...some questions had 2 or 3 FC...
    By this, are you saying that some questions within the vids and reading comp sections had more than one answer that would give you full credit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mello951 View Post
    Is it OK to talk about the test yet? Without getting into too much detail my only complaint was that some of the personality questions were easier if you're closer to high school age. Anyone know what I'm getting at? I got stuck on one question and it caused me to miss that last few questions altogether. If it wasn't timed I wouldn't have had an issue with it.
    Yes. i though the same, BUT GUESS WHAT?! those question were already thrown out!.. on the exam it says they DO NOT COUNT and AREN'T SCORED.. im ****ed cus those stupid questions took a lot of my time!! piece of sh*t

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    By this, are you saying that some questions within the vids and reading comp sections had more than one answer that would give you full credit?
    We arent talking about the vids and reading.. this is only on the personality section..

on the vids you're either RIGHT or WRONG..
    some of the vids had 2 or 3 choices, for example "what choices best describes oranges?
    A.round shape B.orange color C.really dense and heavy like lead D. sweet tasting."
    in this example the answers are A,B, and D. so you will get partial credit PC for each of the 3 choices.

Forum Member

a little word of advice from taking many tests. people who said it was easy, although have more of a positive attitude, usually do a little worse because of this mind frame that the test was easy.
    people like you may have thought this exam was difficult and read everything word for word and triple checked all answers.
    laid back and confident isnt always the ideal way to be sometimes.
    I find this ironic as you said earlier in this very same thread,

believe me if your iq is above 85 you wont need sleep. i bet i could've gotten a 100 on the exam high on dust off

Forum Member

We arent talking about the vids and reading.. this is only on the personality section..

on the vids you're either RIGHT or WRONG..
    some of the vids had 2 or 3 choices, for example "what choices best describes oranges?
    A.round shape B.orange color C.really dense and heavy like lead D. sweet tasting."
    in this example the answers are A,B, and D. so you will get partial credit PC for each of the 3 choices.

Ok gotcha. The way you wrote it threw me off. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Ok gotcha. The way you wrote it threw me off. Thanks.
    its ok, on the personality section you did have 2 FC and 2 PC on some questions an example would be...

You get mad easily..
    strongly agree PC partial credit
    agree PC partial credit
    disagree FC full credit
    strongly disagree FC full credit

Forum Member

Jay, thanks for the info, as well as you Skav

Forum Member

do they make you review every Q on the exam or just the ones where you didn't get full credit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    do they make you review every Q on the exam or just the ones where you didn't get full credit?
    ALL, they don't "MAKE" you do anything, you choose what you want to take a look at.. you CHOOSE to watch or skip the video, you also choose what notes you want to take.
    I watched the video once and took notes, then skipped the "replays" i also skipped all the answers i had correct, i only reviewed the ones i got incorrect and protested on a separate sheet of paper.

Forum Member

Hey Jay, thanks for all the kind input. I have a questions as well. Do they allow you to watch the video only 3 times like on the actual exam or can you keep going back to it as needed?
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey Jay, thanks for all the kind input. I have a questions as well. Do they allow you to watch the video only 3 times like on the actual exam or can you keep going back to it as needed?
    Same as exam.. 3x and cant go back to the video

edit: everything is same as the exam, they going to give you a small ziplock for your belonging that goes under your desk. they provide you with the pen and paper, but remember to bring the email and ID!
    Last edited by Jay513; 05-11-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Forum Member

Damn, I see. Thanks again for your replies.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Jay, thanks for the info, as well as you Skav
    Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Damn, I see. Thanks again for your replies.

for those who PM me, i rather you guys post on here, this way everyone sees and questions aren't repeated. Also cant go into detail, not sure if everyone tested.

Forum Member

Yes. i though the same, BUT GUESS WHAT?! those question were already thrown out!.. on the exam it says they DO NOT COUNT and AREN'T SCORED.. im ****ed cus those stupid questions took a lot of my time!! piece of sh*t
    Jay, are you referring to the optional questions at the end regarding recruiting etc.?

It sounds like Mello is talking about the actual personality questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Jay, are you referring to the optional questions at the end regarding recruiting etc.?

It sounds like Mello is talking about the actual personality questions.
    the actually personality quest. some aren't scored!. I cant go too much into detail, but there was one that asked if you ran for student council, if so what (president, treasurer, ect.) some questions like that weren't scored.. maybe looked at, but not scored.. I mean how can you score that? whether you were in the council or not in HS doesn't change the person you are today. thats all i can say, check it out on your protest review.

Forum Member

All high school questions, how many friends you know etc.....are not scored. Everything else is. Vids reading comp, it's either you got right or you got it wrong period. Some were partial credIt, well Atleast my test. Personality Q's, two were full credit, on some. The rest were partial credit. Guys don't worry, the most points goes for the personality Q's. The second highest is the vid Q's. And reading comp is 1/3 of a point maybe or according to the vulcans. Personality highest points, videos medium points, reading comprehension lowest points. Once again all according to the vulcans, not word fOr word but I got the point from what they said at the tutoring nights.

Thread Information