Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 900 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 4008008508908978988999009019029039109501000 ... LastLast
Results 17,981 to 18,000 of 22848
Like Tree8975Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordzofBrooklyn View Post
    You the grammar police? You knew what he was trying to say right ? Why even bother posting that . My man was just trying to make a point. Damn some if you guys are going to have a VERY hard time in Proby School!
    Princess Bride joke. You know who else has trouble in proby school? People who can't take a joke.
    vekdoggs75, NycQ83, JDNY13 and 1 others like this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Princess Bride joke. You know who else has trouble in proby school? People who can't take a joke.
    lol, I got the joke. Takes a big man to make a Princess Bride reference on a thread populated by current/potential fire fighters.

Forum Member

Princess Bride LOL
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Does anyone have that height-weight chart they use for the medicals? Also, I heard a rumor they DQ you if you don't get down to the mandatory weight set for your height. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
    I'm six foot and I had to be 213 when I first went down for the medical I was 240 dropped all the way down to 218 and they said still no good they said come back in a week and be 213 and then they cleared me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    lol, I got the joke. Takes a big man to make a Princess Bride reference on a thread populated by current/potential fire fighters.
    Hahaha, took a shot. But no one is bigger than Andre the Giant.
    FDNY4Life likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hahaha, took a shot. But no one is bigger than Andre the Giant.
    I'm a grown man and Andre still freaks me out lol.

Quick question for the guys that have taken the psych and medical, I understand I'll be there several hours for each, am I allowed to bring a protein bar and some water with me ? Also on the psych paperwork it mentioned to wear casual wear, I know it's been asked several times here in the past, but jeans and a sweater are fine, correct ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Inconceivable!!!
    ffbam24 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post

Quick question for the guys that have taken the psych and medical, I understand I'll be there several hours for each, am I allowed to bring a protein bar and some water with me ? Also on the psych paperwork it mentioned to wear casual wear, I know it's been asked several times here in the past, but jeans and a sweater are fine, correct ?
    Medical= sweats and tshirt. Psych= khakis , and nice shirt

Forum Member

So for the fellas waiting for run letters like me. I spoke to my investigator today and she told ne they are still going to send out more run letters and their "might", key word is might be another run date from what she heard. Idk what to believe but it might help some of you guys sleep easier

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post

Quick question for the guys that have taken the psych and medical, I understand I'll be there several hours for each, am I allowed to bring a protein bar and some water with me ? Also on the psych paperwork it mentioned to wearr, I know it's been asked several times here in the past, but jeans and a sweater are fine, correct ?
    I don't recommend eating, just my opinion. I ate oatmeal with a banana and a protein bar before I left my house for the medical. I pass the stairmaster on the first try, get cleared the same day, only for BHS to call me a week later and ask me if I'm diabetic (no chance in hell) because sugar level cameback just over the threshold. I say no, and they tell me I need to go to my doctor and have some blood work done to confirm it. Doctor confirms I'm not diabetic and writes how I'm not even a risk for it to BHS. Everything gets sorted out but an inconvenience, all because I was hungry that morning. Again my opinion, but you can always look up foods with a low glycemic index if you're that hungry.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quick question about the FDNY veteran credits. I am a little confused, do they only do it for active military personnel that have served or does it also apply to military reserves?
    Last edited by FDEngine; 01-14-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Forum Member

Sweet potatoes have an almost zero glycemic index and are fulfilling. I didn't eat anything before mine just because every other time I've had blood drawn that's what was told to me. You'll be spending a good amount of the day there. You'll have a bag with you, toss some chow in there and eat something after they take blood. There's probably a dozen stations to go through, so if you literally feel like you're going to start eating the people around you, get to that station first.
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

Princess Bride joke. You know who else has trouble in this job? People who can't take a joke.
    Fixed that for ya. And a well placed Princess Bride joke is never a bad thing.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

What's up guys, it's been a little while since I've posted. Let me just say, anyone who has not been training with push-ups at a slower candence, you should definately try it out. They are brutal, but give you a hell of a workout. Whereas I can do 50 push-ups at my own pace, I'm ready to die at 25. If I put on the 40 lb vest I could do 20 easy, but when I go slow I do 10 and can't breathe lol. So although I hate them, thank you guys here for mentioning them because you'll have to get used to them in the academy.

Also, stick to running as often as you can. I took a little while off due to the snow and ice, and my run last night was brutal. I was doing over 3 miles at a sub 8 minute pace and was nearly ready I die at a mile and a half going slow last night. My main advice is to train hard and stick with it. Taking some time off is fine, but too much time off could make a big difference. You just want to be prepared when your time comes.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    What's up guys, it's been a little while since I've posted. Let me just say, anyone who has not been training with push-ups at a slower candence, you should definately try it out. They are brutal, but give you a hell of a workout. Whereas I can do 50 push-ups at my own pace, I'm ready to die at 25. If I put on the 40 lb vest I could do 20 easy, but when I go slow I do 10 and can't breathe lol. So although I hate them, thank you guys here for mentioning them because you'll have to get used to them in the academy.

Also, stick to running as often as you can. I took a little while off due to the snow and ice, and my run last night was brutal. I was doing over 3 miles at a sub 8 minute pace and was nearly ready I die at a mile and a half going slow last night. My main advice is to train hard and stick with it. Taking some time off is fine, but too much time off could make a big difference. You just want to be prepared when your time comes.
    The cadence push-ups are the only thing that I am still having trouble with. They are just hard for me and idk why... Everything else I'm more than good at. Luckily I have till June to get better at these push-ups.

Btw for the medical, someone told me to shave my entire body and face lol. Fine with me. Should I go get a tan, too? Am I getting ready to compete in the Mr. Olympia competition? LOL (I'm obviously joking around)
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    The cadence push-ups are the only thing that I am still having trouble with. They are just hard for me and idk why... Everything else I'm more than good at. Luckily I have till June to get better at these push-ups.

Btw for the medical, someone told me to shave my entire body and face lol. Fine with me. Should I go get a tan, too? Am I getting ready to compete in the Mr. Olympia competition? LOL (I'm obviously joking around)
    They are much harder, but since I've been doing them I feel I've been getting better. Just stick with them and they'll start getting easier. Use the extra time to your advantage. As for the medical, you need to shave your face for the mask fitting. Shaving your body isn't necessary, atleast based on my experience. A tan,on the other hand, is always a good thing to have haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I am 5'11 and couldn't be more than 215 or 216 I forget. From there +\- 5lbs for every inch in either direction
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  44.2 KB

I remember taking this from the forum a while back .. I'm guessing they not going by this chart
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

What do you do if you get hurt right before the academy will they let you in the next one ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Attachment 23272

I remember taking this from the forum a while back .. I'm guessing they not going by this chart
    I think they do go by the middle column, not too sure though.

Forum Member

Question about the medical paperwork, under Tobacco use and Alcohol use should I mark off yes because I have a couple drinks at a Friday night dinner out ? And tobacco wise mention how I quit three years ago ? I know I'm looking too much into it but are they looking for any history of it or if I'm a current smoker with a drinking problem ?
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Thread Information