Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Got my Medical letter today for July 15th.. List 17xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    What's up Jukes it's been a while. Did you get an email first?

I was right in that they were going to send Medicals right after the July 14 class went in. You just made me stand in this heat waiting for the mailman to arrive!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Yesssss!!!!! Good good the ball is rolling again 21xx
    kevin666 and FFleak like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Yesssss!!!!! Good good the ball ist rolling again 21xx
    Did you get a letter too?

Forum Member

Got my medical today as well.
    kevin666 likes this.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Nothing in the mail box. Hopefully Monday.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    What's up Jukes it's been a while. Did you get an email first?

I was right in that they were going to send Medicals right after the July 14 class went in. You just made me stand in this heat waiting for the mailman to arrive!
    Yea I was trying to stay away from the forums till I saw a bigger chance of getting into the next academy and being 400 numbers away I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the January class and No email brother, just got the letter. Hope you put on some sunblock while waiting

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Did you get a letter too?
    Na not yet, just got excited lol, but 1700's got a letter so 18, 19 n 20s should be soon

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No need to test. People have a life and obligations besides a Internet forum.
    I think we all do at this point.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Do we have to wear a suit for administration day or is regular business clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, tie) fine ? I don't have a suit jacket, if I have to go out and get one I obviously will but I rather not spend money on something I will only wear once.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Do we have to wear a suit for administration day or is regular business clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, tie) fine ? I don't have a suit jacket, if I have to go out and get one I obviously will but I rather not spend money on something I will only wear once.
    You could get away with a nice shirt, tie, and pants... But the real question is why don't you own a suit? Have you never been to a funeral?

Forum Member

Default food for the academy

Food wise for the academy what exactly are you able to bring? so far im going to bring nature valley bars and isopure protein shake already made.

Forum Member

Just watched rickys rib shack. Thank you to whoever recommended it
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nygrknick View Post
    Food wise for the academy what exactly are you able to bring? so far im going to bring nature valley bars and isopure protein shake already made.
    I have never drank protien shakes, but are you willing to carry it all day in your bag? My suggestion is to put in the fridge in the morning when your squad puts there lunch in the fridge. I would much carry water than a shake because of the thirst you will encounter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I have never drank protien shakes, but are you willing to carry it all day in your bag? My suggestion is to put in the fridge in the morning when your squad puts there lunch in the fridge. I would much carry water than a shake because of the thirst you will encounter.
    well i was going bring water and have the shake during lunch

Forum Member

Dude your going to want to bring bowls of pasta and pbj sandwiches. My cousin was in the priority hire class and he said he ate one big *** bowl of pasta for lunch and like 2-3 pbj sandwiches throughout the day and was still hungry and still lost weight. Some bars and a protein shake is not going to hold you over..also protein as good as it is for your muscles dehydrates you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy459 View Post
    Dude your going to want to bring bowls of pasta and pbj sandwiches. My cousin was in the priority hire class and he said he ate one big *** bowl of pasta for lunch and like 2-3 pbj sandwiches throughout the day and was still hungry and still lost weight. Some bars and a protein shake is not going to hold you over..also protein as good as it is for your muscles dehydrates you.
    If you're a bigger guy expect to lose weight. Someone my size is going to use probably around 3000 calories a day there maybe a little more. So I cant imagine what someone 50 pounds heavier is using.

For myself I know I'm going to try and get about 600-800 calories in the morning. Have a large dinner, something like boston market every night. And of course easy lunch at the rock and snacks throughout the day

I think protein shakes are one of the biggest scams going, I put it fairly close to bottle water. Bag of nuts thank you very much... If you have ever been to whole foods, they have bean pasta, pasta made from different types of beans i.e. black beans. SUPER high in calories SUPER high in protein SUPER high in fiber. Would be a really good option for lunch. One im going to be thinking about myself.

Forum Member

So how many times thur the day are we able to eat? One time for lunch and a few snacks during the whole day

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nygrknick View Post
    So how many times thur the day are we able to eat? One time for lunch and a few snacks during the whole day
    You get there very early if you are the early group, so get up earlier to eat breakfast. There is a breakfast van that's outside the rock every morning. You eat for lunch, if you are in class depending on the instructor, they may allow you to eat a snack like a bar or something like that. Same goes for evolutions, after the evolution you should be able to have water and some snacks. It's considered a privilege, one wrong move and the water and snacks can be taken away.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 06-29-2014 at 12:00 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    If you're a bigger guy expect to lose weight. Someone my size is going to use probably around 3000 calories a day there maybe a little more. So I cant imagine what someone 50 pounds heavier is using.

For myself I know I'm going to try and get about 600-800 calories in the morning. Have a large dinner, something like boston market every night. And of course easy lunch at the rock and snacks throughout the day

I think protein shakes are one of the biggest scams going, I put it fairly close to bottle water. Bag of nuts thank you very much... If you have ever been to whole foods, they have bean pasta, pasta made from different types of beans i.e. black beans. SUPER high in calories SUPER high in protein SUPER high in fiber. Would be a really good option for lunch. One im going to be thinking about myself.
    I was thinking about bringing a chipotle burrito for lunch everyday. I can eat it with my bare hands. I Care more about the carbs for energy then a protein shake to build muscle. You have complex carbs in the brown rice and black beans that will keep you full and energized throughout the day as opposed to some bars that are full of sugar carbs. 50g protein with chicken. And of course a good source of fat with guacamole.

Now I just have to master eating a burrito as fast as I can.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I was thinking about bringing a chipotle burrito for lunch everyday. I can eat it with my bare hands. I Care more about the carbs for energy then a protein shake to build muscle. You have complex carbs in the brown rice and black beans that will keep you full and energized throughout the day as opposed to some bars that are full of sugar carbs. 50g protein with chicken. And of course a good source of fat with guacamole.

Now I just have to master eating a burrito as fast as I can.
    No of course i completly agree(good idea on the burrito, i may do the same)...protein is highly over rated...Just putting out there for the juice heads...Cant throw to much at those guys at once
    Last edited by coldblood92; 06-29-2014 at 02:25 PM.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quick Q., when do they break us into squads?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    No of course i completly agree(good idea on the burrito, i may do the same)...protein is highly over rated...Just putting out there for the juice heads...Cant throw to much at those guys at once
    In what sense?
    referring to protein being overrated that is

Forum Member

for the guys who printed their probie manuals. what service did you use?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Quick Q., when do they break us into squads?
    On the 7th

Thread Information