Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #22501
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Got my Medical letter today for July 15th.. List 17xx

  2. #22502
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Got my Medical letter today for July 15th.. List 17xx
    What's up Jukes it's been a while. Did you get an email first?

    I was right in that they were going to send Medicals right after the July 14 class went in. You just made me stand in this heat waiting for the mailman to arrive!

  3. #22503
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Got my Medical letter today for July 15th.. List 17xx
    Yesssss!!!!! Good good the ball is rolling again 21xx
    kevin666 and FFleak like this.

  4. #22504
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Yesssss!!!!! Good good the ball ist rolling again 21xx
    Did you get a letter too?

  5. #22505
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Got my medical today as well.
    kevin666 likes this.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

  6. #22506
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Nothing in the mail box. Hopefully Monday.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 18XX
    Intake 03/05/14
    Cpat 03/27/14 - Passed
    Medical 07/22/14
    Psychological 08/09/14

  7. #22507
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    What's up Jukes it's been a while. Did you get an email first?

    I was right in that they were going to send Medicals right after the July 14 class went in. You just made me stand in this heat waiting for the mailman to arrive!
    Yea I was trying to stay away from the forums till I saw a bigger chance of getting into the next academy and being 400 numbers away I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the January class and No email brother, just got the letter. Hope you put on some sunblock while waiting

  8. #22508
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Did you get a letter too?
    Na not yet, just got excited lol, but 1700's got a letter so 18, 19 n 20s should be soon

  9. #22509
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No need to test. People have a life and obligations besides a Internet forum.
    I think we all do at this point.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  10. #22510
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Do we have to wear a suit for administration day or is regular business clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, tie) fine ? I don't have a suit jacket, if I have to go out and get one I obviously will but I rather not spend money on something I will only wear once.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  11. #22511
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Do we have to wear a suit for administration day or is regular business clothes (dress pants, dress shirt, tie) fine ? I don't have a suit jacket, if I have to go out and get one I obviously will but I rather not spend money on something I will only wear once.
    You could get away with a nice shirt, tie, and pants... But the real question is why don't you own a suit? Have you never been to a funeral?

  12. #22512
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default food for the academy

    Food wise for the academy what exactly are you able to bring? so far im going to bring nature valley bars and isopure protein shake already made.

  13. #22513
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    460

    Default

    Just watched rickys rib shack. Thank you to whoever recommended it
    grizzle likes this.

  14. #22514
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nygrknick View Post
    Food wise for the academy what exactly are you able to bring? so far im going to bring nature valley bars and isopure protein shake already made.
    I have never drank protien shakes, but are you willing to carry it all day in your bag? My suggestion is to put in the fridge in the morning when your squad puts there lunch in the fridge. I would much carry water than a shake because of the thirst you will encounter.

  15. #22515
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I have never drank protien shakes, but are you willing to carry it all day in your bag? My suggestion is to put in the fridge in the morning when your squad puts there lunch in the fridge. I would much carry water than a shake because of the thirst you will encounter.
    well i was going bring water and have the shake during lunch

  16. #22516
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Dude your going to want to bring bowls of pasta and pbj sandwiches. My cousin was in the priority hire class and he said he ate one big *** bowl of pasta for lunch and like 2-3 pbj sandwiches throughout the day and was still hungry and still lost weight. Some bars and a protein shake is not going to hold you over..also protein as good as it is for your muscles dehydrates you.

  17. #22517
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy459 View Post
    Dude your going to want to bring bowls of pasta and pbj sandwiches. My cousin was in the priority hire class and he said he ate one big *** bowl of pasta for lunch and like 2-3 pbj sandwiches throughout the day and was still hungry and still lost weight. Some bars and a protein shake is not going to hold you over..also protein as good as it is for your muscles dehydrates you.
    If you're a bigger guy expect to lose weight. Someone my size is going to use probably around 3000 calories a day there maybe a little more. So I cant imagine what someone 50 pounds heavier is using.

    For myself I know I'm going to try and get about 600-800 calories in the morning. Have a large dinner, something like boston market every night. And of course easy lunch at the rock and snacks throughout the day

    I think protein shakes are one of the biggest scams going, I put it fairly close to bottle water. Bag of nuts thank you very much... If you have ever been to whole foods, they have bean pasta, pasta made from different types of beans i.e. black beans. SUPER high in calories SUPER high in protein SUPER high in fiber. Would be a really good option for lunch. One im going to be thinking about myself.

  18. #22518
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    10

    Default

    So how many times thur the day are we able to eat? One time for lunch and a few snacks during the whole day

  19. #22519
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nygrknick View Post
    So how many times thur the day are we able to eat? One time for lunch and a few snacks during the whole day
    You get there very early if you are the early group, so get up earlier to eat breakfast. There is a breakfast van that's outside the rock every morning. You eat for lunch, if you are in class depending on the instructor, they may allow you to eat a snack like a bar or something like that. Same goes for evolutions, after the evolution you should be able to have water and some snacks. It's considered a privilege, one wrong move and the water and snacks can be taken away.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 06-29-2014 at 12:00 PM.

  20. #22520
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    356

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    If you're a bigger guy expect to lose weight. Someone my size is going to use probably around 3000 calories a day there maybe a little more. So I cant imagine what someone 50 pounds heavier is using.

    For myself I know I'm going to try and get about 600-800 calories in the morning. Have a large dinner, something like boston market every night. And of course easy lunch at the rock and snacks throughout the day

    I think protein shakes are one of the biggest scams going, I put it fairly close to bottle water. Bag of nuts thank you very much... If you have ever been to whole foods, they have bean pasta, pasta made from different types of beans i.e. black beans. SUPER high in calories SUPER high in protein SUPER high in fiber. Would be a really good option for lunch. One im going to be thinking about myself.
    I was thinking about bringing a chipotle burrito for lunch everyday. I can eat it with my bare hands. I Care more about the carbs for energy then a protein shake to build muscle. You have complex carbs in the brown rice and black beans that will keep you full and energized throughout the day as opposed to some bars that are full of sugar carbs. 50g protein with chicken. And of course a good source of fat with guacamole.

    Now I just have to master eating a burrito as fast as I can.

  21. #22521
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I was thinking about bringing a chipotle burrito for lunch everyday. I can eat it with my bare hands. I Care more about the carbs for energy then a protein shake to build muscle. You have complex carbs in the brown rice and black beans that will keep you full and energized throughout the day as opposed to some bars that are full of sugar carbs. 50g protein with chicken. And of course a good source of fat with guacamole.

    Now I just have to master eating a burrito as fast as I can.
    No of course i completly agree(good idea on the burrito, i may do the same)...protein is highly over rated...Just putting out there for the juice heads...Cant throw to much at those guys at once
    Last edited by coldblood92; 06-29-2014 at 02:25 PM.

  22. #22522
    OAK
    OAK is offline
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    57

    Default

    Quick Q., when do they break us into squads?

  23. #22523
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    No of course i completly agree(good idea on the burrito, i may do the same)...protein is highly over rated...Just putting out there for the juice heads...Cant throw to much at those guys at once
    In what sense?
    referring to protein being overrated that is

  24. #22524
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    460

    Default

    for the guys who printed their probie manuals. what service did you use?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  25. #22525
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Quick Q., when do they break us into squads?
    On the 7th

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register