Like Tree10638Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Don't fret bro! I start the 14th was honest with the investigator and turned in all my VA crap. If your still worried send me a Private message and I'll break down my rating for you. Good Luck!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    did everyone have their head shaved at admin day?

looking at last classes probe assignments, why are some companies not getting probies while others get multiple? is it true you work at three different houses in your first three years, all of varying busyness and types of runs?

Enjoy your quartermaster day guys
    Probys are assigned to fire companies based on need. Some houses have lower rosters than others. Guys retire, transfer and get promoted leaving holes in the roster. My Co. got probys from the first class, we're full and haven't gotten any since.

For your other question, no, you work in one place. What you're talking about is, the rotation program. That ended after 9/11. I think it should return, but it hasn't.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by w13ny View Post
    what is a quartermasters day?
    Quote Originally Posted by w13ny View Post
    scratch that

just got my run letter 135*
    lmao, congrats.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Probys are assigned to fire companies based on need. Some houses have lower rosters than others. Guys retire, transfer and get promoted leaving holes in the roster. My Co. got probys from the first class, we're full and haven't gotten any since.

For your other question, no, you work in one place. What you're talking about is, the rotation program. That ended after 9/11. I think it should return, but it hasn't.
    Cool. Thank you for answering that

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Probably clothes but I'm still undecided.

All kidding aside, sneakers, my work out pants, and a t shirt. We're going to be changing in and out of clothes and gear so you want stuff that's easy to change in and it of.
    Do you think shorts would be ok
    List#11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_Smith View Post
    Do you think shorts would be ok
    Congrats to the guy who just got his run letter. Happy to see they made it halfway through 1300s. I'm gonna wear reg t shirt and basketball shorts and sneakers. It's all easy to take off and on. That's what they said to do. Btw, you guys heard them say we need running shoes Monday? They didn't say to bring pt gear, though. Just black bag, proby manuals. Anyone feel free to correct me.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I'm also wearing my knee high socks I bought to see if they protect me from the boots. Good chance to test them just in case I need to go out and get something different, I will have the whole day to do so.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

FDsouth Bx thanks for the answers. Do you think retirements have been happening or will be happening in large numbers as previously predicted by some. Just curious thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Congrats to the guy who just got his run letter. Happy to see they made it halfway through 1300s. I'm gonna wear reg t shirt and basketball shorts and sneakers. It's all easy to take off and on. That's what they said to do. Btw, you guys heard them say we need running shoes Monday? They didn't say to bring pt gear, though. Just black bag, proby manuals. Anyone feel free to correct me.
    The sheet they gave us for what to bring for the first day doesn't list PT gear and sneakers but later on in the day they told us to bring it.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I'm also wearing my knee high socks I bought to see if they protect me from the boots. Good chance to test them just in case I need to go out and get something different, I will have the whole day to do so.
    Same here, I'm going to go running with a pair on latter just to see how they are while running in the heat.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Same here, I'm going to go running with a pair on latter just to see how they are while running in the heat.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

One of my old friends just called me. They were telling him January but now he has some letter telling him to show up weds. He will probably be on here in a few. I just told him about the forum.
    He isn't sure if he is in but he hasn't done the he run yet and he's is in the 1300s.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    One of my old friends just called me. They were telling him January but now he has some letter telling him to show up weds. He will probably be on here in a few. I just told him about the forum.
    He isn't sure if he is in but he hasn't done the he run yet and he's is in the 1300s.
    4 guys no showed yesterday and who knows if more guys decided to back out since getting a very slight taste of what is on site for us, a few lucky people might just get that letter in the next day or two.

Forum Member

Any idea approx number he is in the 1300s?

Forum Member

For the most part the next 18 weeks are going to suck, but they're supposed to suck. but there will be times you'll step back and realize you're doing some pretty cool sh.it, and you'll make some good friends so it won't be all bad. Just do exactly as the DI's and instructors tell you and you'll be fine.

I got some good advice from guys who went before me so if any of you guys have any Q's feel free to pm me. I'll help out as much as I can without spoiling the surprise. Some things you'll have to (and afterwards appreciate you did) experience on your own.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Any idea approx number he is in the 1300s?
    Sorry just checked. Very low 1400

Forum Member

Bring PTs and Sneakers. Along with the black bag, proby manuals, and lunch. My squad is reporting 0530. On line at 0650

Forum Member

Sorry just checked. Very low 1400
    how low is low? 140x? 141x?

Forum Member

141x is very close. I guess I will let him post the rest of his info, I just wanted to tell him what to bring or expect since I didn't know what class it was for.

Forum Member

What's the deal with socks in PTs. Black Shin high? No logos or logos?

Forum Member

Can we keep Lysol and baby powder and **** like that in our reg lockers? bunker gear lockers?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Haha fun from the outside looking in. I look back at the academy as a good time.. than i remember those days walking in at 5am in the freezing cold and in the dark and in the snow and than I think to myself THANK GOD I'm done with that haha.. But nah guys you'll have a good time
    Both, I had a blast at the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Can we keep Lysol and baby powder and **** like that in our reg lockers? bunker gear lockers?
    You can keep whatever you want in your locker, just don't be a jerk and spray cologne or axe or some other stuff all over yourself while others are cramped in there changing with you.

Forum Member

For they guys that had no military background how hard was it to adjust to it ? And tips or pointers, feel free to pm if you don't want to put too much info on her e.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    For they guys that had no military background how hard was it to adjust to it ? And tips or pointers, feel free to pm if you don't want to put too much info on her e.
    Easy for some, hard for others. Just have to follow directions and hope that your squad members do the same or you will all pay. You guys said you want it so bad, it shouldnt be a problem then.

Thread Information