Like Tree9606Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I wouldn't wear my PT gear under the uniform. It's gonna be hot enough in the regular uniform.

Gotta keep in mind these guys went in during the winter where you're standing outside at attention for an hour in the cold. I would've done the same, but not in the summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    So far my biggest advice would to be to take a nice dump at home before you go to the academy.
    Wait… you're just starting? Why are you giving advice/talking about how it is if you're currently on day 3? Get in the books and off here!

Plus any advice from guys who went in winter classes is not automatically discredited because it's July. April/May are hot enough in bunker gear to give a pretty good idea of what summer is like. Not to mention you'll be ending in November, so you'll get to see the other seasons as well.

Forum Member

Ok cool, for the stairmaster, what do you need to do to pass? Can you touch the railings?
    Also, they want me there at 6:45am, how long does the whole process take?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nymiked24 View Post
    Ok cool, for the stairmaster, what do you need to do to pass? Can you touch the railings?
    Also, they want me there at 6:45am, how long does the whole process take?
    Your HR is what they will be looking at, I think if it doubles your resting HR, you fail. Then you have to come back and do it for 8 minutes instead of 5min. You can only touch the railing to regain balance, you cannot hold on. You should be out of there no later than 3pm.

Forum Member

for the medical what are people wearing? i was gonna wear a tshirt and wind pants with shorts underneath...
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Are they planning on extending the list for another 2 years? First I am hearing of this... It would make sense on the city's part. These tests cost so much money, and being that there are so many qualified applicant's from this process, they should at the very least work off this list. Save the taxpayer's some money.
    It's been said that the civil service tests make the city money. So, I doubt they're extending this one.

If you're low on the list (poor list number), I'd stop speculating and start working on the rest of your life. So far, it's been quite liberating for me and I'm on the cusp of maybe getting a call before the list expires. You never know what will happen with the budget and the new mayor. Don't assume the city feels it will always have the money to hire one class after another.

Ok back to hiding for another year lol. Congrats to the new hires and academy graduates!
    Last edited by And then?; 07-16-2014 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Re-worded list explanation

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by And then? View Post
    It's been said that the civil service tests make the city money. So, I doubt they're extending this one.

If you're low on the list (poor list number), I'd stop speculating and start working on the rest of your life. So far, it's been quite liberating for me and I'm on the cusp of maybe getting a call before the list expires. You never know what will happen with the budget and the new mayor. Don't assume the city feels it will always have the money to hire one class after another.

Ok back to hiding for another year lol. Congrats to the new hires and academy graduates!
    What's your list number?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by And then? View Post
    And it's been said repeatedly that that's just simply not true.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

The list is dead at 4 years and a day. They're not extending it.
    FDEngine and MikeLarryM35 like this.

Forum Member

the only way they put in a 2nd class in 2017 is if they move the start date up.

otherwise, if they have a handful of processed candidates on the cusp they might squeeze them in to the next tests first class. but you're really talking of only a very lucky handful.

great thing is if you are young enough, sign up and take the next test. and if you get in off exam 2000 then the space you occupied will go to someone else.

if you are on the cusp now it is way too early to tell. just workout and stay out of trouble.

we will all get plenty of notice if they extend this exam or slow their hiring pace. and as the list moves, we will get a better idea of what number they'll reach.

someone mentioned that the medical had 4 no shows - could be guys with military excuses - and only 2 passed. thats the type of info you want to keep track of. they will give you an idea of what number they will get to for this next class and so on
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Anybody quit today? haha That first day is very "special"

Forum Member

The infamous "Day 3" is here and it ended with 1 official resignation and 3 people had to go to medical. Please PREPARE. This aint no bull****, the Rock is REAL. And this is comin from a prior military guy...the Rock is BRUTAL.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

One person quit today. Two left in an ambulance

Forum Member

They should extend it. After all they spent a million + on the test. The dept needs the FF's and the I don't see who would be in the opposition.

Forum Member

Yep, one official resignation and the DI said at least 1 more to follow real soon. Maybe more. It got real for some people today. Don't come in holding an extra 20lbs+ of fat unless you can throw yourself around like a feather. I know it was only day one for me but these are the people I see struggling. You can't miss them, honestly. If you're in contention for next class, just run, do calisthenics and insanity for the next 6 months. Quit the bodybuilding workouts. Beach muscles will not help you here. You might as well be one of the fat guys.
    Last edited by grizzle; 07-16-2014 at 08:56 PM.
    FDsouthbxNY and Jackooze like this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I'm confused was if fat or muscle that you are rendering to? Also a typo confused me when you mentioned throwing yourself around like a feather?

Forum Member

How are people passing the heart rate test with 30 extra pounds

Forum Member

Anyone can bull through 8 mins on a stair master. Has nothing to do with heart rate

Forum Member

****s real, no one cares how much you bench and squat. Do insanity, run, and learn to fall in love with pushups and the push up position.

* goes back to practicing knot tying while studying*
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

If anyone from Benson, Dyker or bayridge wants to join in running or working out PM me. List # around 2000.
    Exam# 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm confused was if fat or muscle that you are rendering to? Also a typo confused me when you mentioned throwing yourself around like a feather?
    I fixed the typo. You need to be able to throw your body weight around (basically by doing calisthenics). The fat guys and the bodybuilder guys have trouble with their muscular endurance. Neither of them can do the (what def feels like) 100 push-ups a day. Yea Tom def need to fall in love with the push-up position hold. Up and down lol. Def tough but I haven't hit the ground yet!
    Last edited by grizzle; 07-16-2014 at 11:44 PM.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

So 100 push-ups a day should be our goal?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    So 100 push-ups a day should be our goal?
    If you're shooting for some arbitrary # then 200 is the goal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yep. Minimum

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Do push up with long pauses in between. Practice staying in push up position as long as you can.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Yep, one official resignation and the DI said at least 1 more to follow real soon. Maybe more. It got real for some people today. Don't come in holding an extra 20lbs+ of fat unless you can throw yourself around like a feather. I know it was only day one for me but these are the people I see struggling. You can't miss them, honestly. If you're in contention for next class, just run, do calisthenics and insanity for the next 6 months. Quit the bodybuilding workouts. Beach muscles will not help you here. You might as well be one of the fat guys.
    Lol the muscle guys are all show.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Thread Information