Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 4282899091929394951021421925921092 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 23138
Like Tree9074Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    "as it should be"....

talking about you.

Please, get off your high horse lecturing this guy.

No one should be giving out info from the exam, but you telling other people that is the epitome of hypocrisy.
    Yea your right, just like him many people were curious to know something from the exam. But also people gave me the same response as I just gave him. I took the exam and I see why people told me what they told me so I learned.

Forum Member

I never had beef with scav but you were on here and FDNY Rant looking for any advantage you could get and now you're going at people doing the same.

http://theechochamberblog.files.word...pg?w=468&h=358

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I never had beef with scav but you were on here and FDNY Rant looking for any advantage you could get and now you're going at people doing the same.

http://theechochamberblog.files.word...pg?w=468&h=358
    Lol now that's funny Tom. But that's my point even if people gave me advice it wouldn't help me because after taking this exam, I feel it's something you cant really prepare for. Man and on top of that I was really nervous and I guess that's why I asked for the advice. But I never asked anyone what the exact questions were on the exam if that's what some are thinking.

Guys just take the test, it's not as bad as anyone would think. There are some questions (that are annoying in my opinion) That will leave you scratching your head for a moment and ask yourself what does this have to to with anything but that's about it.

Forum Member

Skav, the only advice I can give you from my perspective is just wait and watch. Don't say anything and see what happens.

Forum Member

I can't wait for the testing period to end so we can finally discuss this exam lol.

Forum Member

One of the FFs at my city led review class said PSI has a pool of 8000 Qs they could pick from for your exam. We all def aren't taking the same test. He said he knows of two guys who had a different # of math Q's. There are rumors that you were getting a more difficult exam if you had a higher level of education. Wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I can't wait for the testing period to end so we can finally discuss this exam lol.
    Next Friday night is just right around the corner. I wish I knew my results and list # already.

Forum Member

One of the FFs at my city led review class said PSI has a pool of 8000 Qs they could pick from for your exam. We all def aren't taking the same test. He said he knows of two guys who had a different # of math Q's. There are rumors that you were getting a more difficult exam if you had a higher level of education. Wouldn't surprise me.

I would agree to everything said here. In fact I am certain that not everyone is getting the same exam. The education level thing is obviously speculative, but nothing surprises me at this point.
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 04-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Forum Member

There are rumors that you were getting a more difficult exam if you had a higher level of education. Wouldn't surprise me.
    Awesome....i assume that comes with a higher base salary if hired too?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Awesome....i assume that comes with a higher base salary if hired too?

it's just a rumor but I find it really hard to believe they would devise a system that could potentially end up giving a minority candidate, who also happens to have only the minimum 15 credits required, a "tougher" test than a white candidate with a college degree.

Forum Member

it's just a rumor but I find it really hard to believe they would devise a system that could potentially end up giving a minority candidate, who also happens to have only the minimum 15 credits required, a "tougher" test than a white candidate with a college degree.
    It's just that, a rumor. All of us will be given varying degrees of difficult exams due to the nature of a lawsuit. If all blacks had a easy exam its easy to claim descrmination and vis a vis.

Forum Member

hi all new to this forum but i was told to look here to see if anyone else heard anything about the 15 credits req and potential lawsuit.

Now I don't want to start any rumors but I have a couple buddies on the job now and they are saying that they wouldnt be suprised if the vulcans didn't push to get some minorities to fill out apps, take a test and then ultimately end up getting disqualified because they dont have the credits.

So this makes people very un easy if the vulcans would spear head a law suit because of this.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrog View Post
    hi all new to this forum but i was told to look here to see if anyone else heard anything about the 15 credits req and potential lawsuit.

Now I don't want to start any rumors but I have a couple buddies on the job now and they are saying that they wouldnt be suprised if the vulcans didn't push to get some minorities to fill out apps, take a test and then ultimately end up getting disqualified because they dont have the credits.

So this makes people very un easy if the vulcans would spear head a law suit because of this.

Any thoughts?

thanks

any lawsuit that suggests hiring by any other way than rank order should make people uneasy. Doesn't matter if it's The Vulcan's or anyone else.

Forum Member

Any thoughts?

thanks
    Yea, heres a thought...stop listening to rumors and read the NOE. 15 credits is NOT a requirement. I know that the Vulcans arent very popular but lets stop making up stuff.

Forum Member

How would they know your levels of education? did they ask that on the filing? not saying I believe it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How would they know your levels of education? did they ask that on the filing? not saying I believe it.
    It was almost a year ago but I thought we had to put our education history on the app? Either way, I'm not saying I believe it either, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. This is what happens when there's no transparency during the process.

Forum Member

Any thoughts?

thanks

Just a heads up here. From my experience most guys on the job know less than you about what goes on with the test. I would take what they say with a big fat grain of salt.
    Last edited by Takethedoor174; 04-10-2012 at 11:33 PM.

Forum Member

How's it going ladies and gentlemen I've been around these forums for a while but posting for the first time and wanted to see if anybody has heard/dealt with a similar issue that I had last week when I finally took my exam. During my personality questions I dealt with a frozen computer and was therefore unable to answer multiple questions. After speaking with my proctor it quickly became apparent that he wasn't trained to deal with such a conundrum and he therefore told me to proceed with the exam and deal with the appeal afterwards. Upon speaking with multiple people I learned that I was not the only person who complained of such an issue but spoke to no one who knew how it was resolved. All answers very much appreciated.

As far as the difference in the exams go I was with three others who took the exam and the four of us all had different content. One of my other friends didn't have one math question on the entire exam.

Best of luck to all of us.

Forum Member

Taking the test on Saturday. Pretty much all I can think about 24/7. I should probably take a break from these forums till after the exam for the sake of my sanity and over analyzing haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CivilServ88 View Post
    How's it going ladies and gentlemen I've been around these forums for a while but posting for the first time and wanted to see if anybody has heard/dealt with a similar issue that I had last week when I finally took my exam. During my personality questions I dealt with a frozen computer and was therefore unable to answer multiple questions. After speaking with my proctor it quickly became apparent that he wasn't trained to deal with such a conundrum and he therefore told me to proceed with the exam and deal with the appeal afterwards. Upon speaking with multiple people I learned that I was not the only person who complained of such an issue but spoke to no one who knew how it was resolved. All answers very much appreciated.

As far as the difference in the exams go I was with three others who took the exam and the four of us all had different content. One of my other friends didn't have one math question on the entire exam.

Best of luck to all of us.
    On the JOINFDNY facebook they said you would have to contact DCAS.

Something similar happened to me during a different city exam. The questions was something along the lines of Based on the information below which is most likely true but the information below was missing so I just had to choose any answer. The proctor had no idea so he just told me to choose to the best of my ability which ****ed me off so much. Than it happened two more times which really ****ed me off I basically stopped giving a **** about how I did on the exam. None of the proctors knew what to do nor seemed all that concerned.

Thread Information