Like Tree11341Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Awesome guys, thanks for that.

Anyone got an idea about pullup requirements in the Academy?

Keep strong to the guys going through it now. Tell yourself man the fck up & keep going, your body can take it so don't let your mind tell you you can't.
    4 dead hang marine corp style pull-ups(palms away) to stay out of remedial
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Any quits? Injuries? Crying today? You guys chest's must be real sore right about now
    Tone it down.

Forum Member

Attrition rate hovers around 10-15%. If they aren't backfilling the quit number doesn't matter.

cjr
    Forum Member

this ^^^ if there is only gonna be X amount of classes then it doesnt matter how many quit as long as it isnt the whole class

or am i wrong?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Tone it down.
    It's just a question ******

Forum Member

Excuse me?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Excuse me?

Forum Member

Fight! Fight! Fight!
    FFleak likes this.

Forum Member

Last edited by nyckftbl; 07-17-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Forum Member

Quick question, maybe someone can help me out. For the medical, second portion, during warm-up, if your heart rate 'still' reads double the resting heart, would they allow you to continue with vest?

Forum Member

PM me. firehouse forum says you dont exist...
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

2 more quit today

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    Quick question, maybe someone can help me out. For the medical, second portion, during warm-up, if your heart rate 'still' reads double the resting heart, would they allow you to continue with vest?
    Yes they do. You just can't exceed your 90% max hr with the vest. If you stay under that, they'll stop the Stairmaster on you at 5:12. If you exceed your 90% at 5:12 min, they keep you on for 8 min. Never stop until the proctor shuts the machine off on you. No matter what.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

They drop like flies in the beginning. Then comes motivation alley where more will drop. And next the smoke house which also guarantees a few. Pick out the good guys in your squad and stick with them. Keep in mind, this training can save your life one day. Ask questions and get the most you can out of each evolution. Don't be the guy that volunteers to be second due control 9/10 evolutions.

Forum Member

What do you mean by volunteers second? As in one should volunteer first.

MembersZone Subscriber

I've all but forgotten that I'm on this list (got hired by a capital city dept.) but after reading a few pages it sounds like there might be a slight chance. Does anyone know how far down they are on the list, if they might reach 10k, and when the list expires?

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    What do you mean by volunteers second? As in one should volunteer first.
    The Engine Co positions are as follows: Officer, Chauffeur, Nozzle, Backup and Control. The 1st due control firefighter is responsible primarily for hose stretch estimation, assisting the Chauffeur with getting water, chasing kinks and feeding hose line to the nozzle team. The 2nd due company is responsible for assisting the 1st due company. When doing evolutions at the Rock the 2nd due control firefighter is the last person in the stretch and generally has the least amount of work to do. Traditionally lazy people that don't want to do much (hairbags) try to get 2nd due control so that they don't have to exert a lot of energy. That's what DCWife70 is referring to. PS… u can read up on the positions in the Engine Ops chapter of the proby manual for better clarity.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoTheWork View Post
    The Engine Co positions are as follows: Officer, Chauffeur, Nozzle, Backup and Control. The 1st due control firefighter is responsible primarily for hose stretch estimation, assisting the Chauffeur with getting water, chasing kinks and feeding hose line to the nozzle team. The 2nd due company is responsible for assisting the 1st due company. When doing evolutions at the Rock the 2nd due control firefighter is the last person in the stretch and generally has the least amount of work to do. Traditionally lazy people that don't want to do much (hairbags) try to get 2nd due control so that they don't have to exert a lot of energy. That's what DCWife70 is referring to. PS… u can read up on the positions in the Engine Ops chapter of the proby manual for better clarity.
    I should also add that there is a Door position which is no longer staffed in the field but you may have someone assigned as door at the Rock.

Forum Member

Thanks for taking the time to write that. The hair bag definition mad me lol

Forum Member

I just got my medical letter in the mail for august 8th at 6:45am my list number is between 2100-2140
    SouthBK84 and And then? like this.

Forum Member

Should i tell the dr about a prior L5-s1 herniated disc about 3 years ago or has it "never happened"

Forum Member

All true but they usually flip guys around. If you were 2nd due at the beginning, when the evolution is over, you become 1st due. That's how it was when I was at the a Rock.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DexterRutecki View Post
    I've all but forgotten that I'm on this list (got hired by a capital city dept.) but after reading a few pages it sounds like there might be a slight chance. Does anyone know how far down they are on the list, if they might reach 10k, and when the list expires?

Thanks.
    Highly unlikely......but hey, ya never know.

I should also add that there is a Door position which is no longer staffed in the field but you may have someone assigned as door at the Rock.
    The Door position is still staffed a few times a year, usually weather dependant. Know the position anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Should i tell the dr about a prior L5-s1 herniated disc about 3 years ago or has it "never happened"
    I'd forget about that little fact. Don't lie, of course......but you could forget to mention it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I come here and read this forum every day, I'm low 6,000s and I'm starting to see some hope within two years that I might actually get called I'm hoping so. Goodluck to everyone, and thank you everyone for posting the knowledge they have it helps a lot.

Sucks I will have to keep waiting and see if the list gets to my number but I have some hope, what do you guys think, you think it will get there?

Forum Member

FDbronNY What if one had epidurals for a herniated disc but it was like 10 years ago. I am fine and can deadlift 450 etc. I assume I should forget to tell them about that since it's not an issue and doesn't bother me anymore. It was more of flexibility issue. Thanks

Thread Information