Like Tree9854Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #23051
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    846

    Default

    You better be hydrating

  2. #23052
    Forum Member
    Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    You guys shouldn't talk about candidates unfortunate situation on here. Just continue to push forward and dont be a statistic! !
    Unfortunate? Unprepared, unwilling and unable perhaps. But not unfortunate. Anyway, almosthere, how have you been?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

  3. #23053
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Lack of preparedness is not an unfortunate situation. It's a slap in the face to the instructors, the prepared probies, the men and women in the field and those that have perished doing this job.....


    Show up prepared, or leave shamefully in the back of a bus. If you get hurt, well, that's different......but exhaustion and weakness isn't an injury.
    My1Goal, grizzle and MikeLarryM35 like this.

  4. #23054
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    From what I heard, it's not that he was unprepared, he had a medical problem. That's why a trip to the hospital, you guys need to stop speculating.

  5. #23055
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Whoever "that guy" is, he wasn't the only one. I watched three fall out.....poorly.

  6. #23056
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    105

    Default

    great workout for training. go to bing.com and type in "sealfit workouts pdf" (8 weeks to sealfit comes up) its the second one to come up. you can save it or print it out for free. if anyone is familiar with sealfit it was developed by a former navy seal and is a great training program for the academy. you can also go to sealfit.com for further info and videos.
    Last edited by bk60191983; 07-19-2014 at 09:19 AM. Reason: wrong
    My1Goal likes this.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

  7. #23057
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    If you guys need to know so everyone stops assuming, from what I was told, he started having seizures.

  8. #23058
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    If you guys need to know so everyone stops assuming, from what I was told, he started having seizures.
    Might be one case dude, but there were a lotta drops and ambulance rides for exhaustion, strains, ect...

  9. #23059
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    59

    Default

    I think it has been said here before...

    "What happens on the rock stays on the rock"

    See ya in 17 weeks...back to the books
    JoeNoVowel and JDNY13 like this.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

  10. #23060
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    165

    Default

    ..........
    Last edited by bkopie; 07-19-2014 at 01:55 PM.

  11. #23061
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Might be one case dude, but there were a lotta drops and ambulance rides for exhaustion, strains, ect...
    Yeah, there will always be those, that's why it shouldn't be a surprise. I'm sure there are a few more of those that will just give up. I always look at the bring side, better now than 17 weeks in. Guys that are posting now on this forum saying they will have to be dragged out when they get in wil be some of dropping out.

  12. #23062
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,269

    Default

    I don't see what the harm is in warning us just how prepared you need to be. No names were used.

  13. #23063
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't see what the harm is in warning us just how prepared you need to be. No names were used.
    No, but saying guys are unprepared or making fun is just silly.

  14. #23064
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.... Went in for my written psych today and we weren't required to do the 3 drawings like back in 2008.... I been thinking for the last 3 years what cool drawing I was going to do and came up with.....

    1. My tree was going to be a long pine tree.
    2. The drawing of the person was going to be a guy sky diving
    3. I was going to draw a tepee instead of a house...

    My dreams were crushed.. For a second or 2... Sad face.

  15. #23065
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukez View Post
    Gotta say I'm a little disappointed.... Went in for my written psych today and we weren't required to do the 3 drawings like back in 2008.... I been thinking for the last 3 years what cool drawing I was going to do and came up with.....

    1. My tree was going to be a long pine tree.
    2. The drawing of the person was going to be a guy sky diving
    3. I was going to draw a tepee instead of a house...

    My dreams were crushed.. For a second or 2... Sad face.
    Yet another example of how they're practically giving minorities this job.

    You used to have to draw a house!

    Don't worry those that can draw WILL be weeded out

  16. #23066
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Ur first comment is insulting . U think minorities can't draw a Damm house . Seriously bro think before posting . Ur a moron
    FFleak and MikeLarryM35 like this.

  17. #23067
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yet another example of how they're practically giving minorities this job.

    You used to have to draw a house!

    Don't worry those that can draw WILL be weeded out
    With comments like this, you will probably be weeded out.
    FFleak and MikeLarryM35 like this.

  18. #23068
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    All true but they usually flip guys around. If you were 2nd due at the beginning, when the evolution is over, you become 1st due. That's how it was when I was at the a Rock.
    I guess it depends on the size of your squad and how efficient they work. When I was in the academy a few people didn't get to do the some evolutions at all due to time constraints. Definitely wasn't much switching around from 1st due to 2nd due on engine ops evolutions especially when you had to repack hose in between.

  19. #23069
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DoTheWork View Post
    I guess it depends on the size of your squad and how efficient they work. When I was in the academy a few people didn't get to do the some evolutions at all due to time constraints. Definitely wasn't much switching around from 1st due to 2nd due on engine ops evolutions especially when you had to repack hose in between.
    Instructors work differently I guess, when we rotated between 1st and 2nd due, we pulled off the secondary bed while the guys that were waiting packed the hose. Then when we got done with the evolutions, we packed.

  20. #23070
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yet another example of how they're practically giving minorities this job.

    You used to have to draw a house!

    Don't worry those that can draw WILL be weeded out
    I wish you luck on your pursuit of a career in this great department. Hopefully the academy will teach you what tolerance, teamwork and brotherhood really mean. From your ignorant comments you obviously have no clue and if you go to a firehouse with that mentality you will probably get jammed up in a hurry.
    FFleak likes this.

  21. #23071
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Instructors work differently I guess, when we rotated between 1st and 2nd due, we pulled off the secondary bed while the guys that were waiting packed the hose. Then when we got done with the evolutions, we packed.
    Yeah we did it pretty much the same way but most guys still only got to go once. The only time I vividly remember switching positions and doing an evolution multiple times was the 2 1/2" cellar fire evolution where they made you do Control, Door, Backup and nozzle back to back. That kicked everyones ***...

  22. #23072
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    846

    Default

    I would recommend getting together with some guys on the weekend for study groups. Today a few other guys and myself got together for 5-6 hours and studied. I was struggling big time with knots, not any more.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  23. #23073
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I would recommend getting together with some guys on the weekend for study groups. Today a few other guys and myself got together for 5-6 hours and studied. I was struggling big time with knots, not any more.
    S!$& load of studying for one small quiz !
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

  24. #23074
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    S!$& load of studying for one small quiz !


    Trying to read the manual provided as a candidate still, is overwhelming as it is. Even with their study program. Was hoping one of you guys would say it isn't all that bad :-/
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 07-20-2014 at 12:23 AM.

  25. #23075
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    427

    Default

    Sorry I thought you could read the satire in that last post. I'm a minority fyi
    FDsouthbxNY and FFleak like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 2 guests)

  1. 1DayFDNY

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register