Like Tree9820Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Stop posting about the rock. Keep it about everything you think can help someone, not about evolutions and rock culture. There's a reason that place is like Vegas and sharing info about culture kind of eliminates the exclusivity. Although your comments are vague try to speak in code. Like some have done (very creatively I might say). You'll see what I mean and you too will chuckle then ice your body. If some of you actually make it, and that's a BIG if.
    Last edited by Goingforit; 07-19-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Forum Member

Exactly. What happens there stays there. You people need to shut up.

People in the class now who were there don't officially know what happened to half these people so what makes you think many others would outside of the DIs which I'm sure are not going around saying what happened.

When you get there you'll see how tough it is.

Forum Member

We haven't even had a real full week of the academy and some guys with very impressive backgrounds are having a hard time.

We haven't even done any actual firefighting work or a full week of
    PT.

Think about that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Sorry I thought you could read the satire in that last post. I'm a minority fyi
    I knew your were being sarcastic.

Forum Member

I love it, same guys that were asking questions about the Rock when I was in wanna be silent about what goes on. Nothing bad was said here about evolutions, with that said people should stop focusing on what happened to people in it and start preparing themselves so they can get through it.

Forum Member

I double dog dare one of you to show up for the psych in a toy fire helmet.

Forum Member

Default Academy Preparation

Log on to YouTube and type in cadence push-ups, click the first vid and see how many push-ups you can get following the mans voice.. You'll learn a lot about yourself! Practice practice practice!!!

Forum Member

Default Academy Preparation

http://youtu.be/vhwT5fC5Wqg Cadence push-ups, this should be your only chest workout until January

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I love it, same guys that were asking questions about the Rock when I was in wanna be silent about what goes on. Nothing bad was said here about evolutions, with that said people should stop focusing on what happened to people in it and start preparing themselves so they can get through it.
    The reason they're like that is because they're starting to understand the rock. You should respect that they want to keep what goes on there under wraps. I'm sure you were the same way, as was I. What goes on at the rock should not be discussed, end of story.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    The reason they're like that is because they're starting to understand the rock. You should respect that they want to keep what goes on there under wraps. I'm sure you were the same way, as was I. What goes on at the rock should not be discussed, end of story.
    I completely agree. As much as I hate surprises, some stuff has to be left as a surprise. You don't know the situation of a fire until you go through it, so the same should go for the Academy. I, like everyone else, was nervous about the infamous day 3 pt. It was definitely a surprise, and a hell of a gut check, but I got through it. What happens that day has to be left for you to find out yourself. The same will go for motivation alley and the smokehouse. People who went through it keep it vague for a reason. You know they will be difficult, and it incites fear in you. For people like myself in the Academy now, it has to be a surprise. I agree that details of the Academy must be kept vague in order to keep the integrity of the rock.

Forum Member

Hey guys, do you need to confirm with the fire department for the medical? Or just show up?
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14
    Medical 7/23/14

Forum Member

The evolutions are no surprise, stretching a line is in the manuals, that is no secret. That's what we were talking about. I know what to keep secret.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYgrad2012 View Post
    Hey guys, do you need to confirm with the fire department for the medical? Or just show up?
    Just show up, you only have to call if you need to reschedule. I took mine last week.

Forum Member

This motivation alley thing sounds scary.

Forum Member

Hey all,
    Just wondering if anyone has an links or specific programs to help prepare phyiscally for the pre employment process (cpat, medical etc) as well as the academy. I'm a decent ways away (26xx) but I'd like to change up my fitness routine to get prepared. I do workout regularly, and am in decent shape but I train a mostly "body building" style routine, not to familaor with calisthenics, and obviously I've read this is the most important, should I just do push ups/pull ups/burpees etc every day? I feel like that doesn't leave much recovery room.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I completely agree. As much as I hate surprises, some stuff has to be left as a surprise. You don't know the situation of a fire until you go through it, so the same should go for the Academy. I, like everyone else, was nervous about the infamous day 3 pt. It was definitely a surprise, and a hell of a gut check, but I got through it. What happens that day has to be left for you to find out yourself. The same will go for motivation alley and the smokehouse. People who went through it keep it vague for a reason. You know they will be difficult, and it incites fear in you. For people like myself in the Academy now, it has to be a surprise. I agree that details of the Academy must be kept vague in order to keep the integrity of the rock.
    You guys make a good point about keeping traditions of The Rock a secret however in this context it's really not applicable. The only thing we discussed as far as "Rock Culture" were 2 evolutions which as FFwnt2b pointed out, are in the books posted online for the world to see! In addition to that, the academy is not some static entity… it's ever changing and evolving. Every class is different and everyones experience is going to be unique no matter how much prior knowledge or inside information a candidate attains before going in. Using your fire reference… I spent a lot of time training and preparing for fires, got a lot of information from Sr members about what to expect and how to operate but it wasn't until I had my first good job that I began to understand what "the glow" was, what a heavy smoke condition or heat really was. The Rock is the same way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    http://youtu.be/vhwT5fC5Wqg Cadence push-ups, this should be your only chest workout until January

FYI, you can take that youtube clip, plug the URL into the site I'm gonna link, it'll convert it to mp3, and you can save to itunes or whatever to put in your music playlist on your phone so you can do these in the park or wherever before/during/after runs. Like a boss...

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 07-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Smoke house and Motivation alley are not in the books. You could argue that its there conceptually.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goingforit View Post
    Smoke house and Motivation alley are not in the books. You could argue that its there conceptually.
    I didn't mention that.

Forum Member

Anyone remember those capt bob fire test prep posts from years ago? Whatever happened to that

Forum Member

Has anyone had any success re scheduling their medical dates?

Forum Member

They're starting to come together now. Shhhhh Mr. Taliban

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    FYI, you can take that youtube clip, plug the URL into the site I'm gonna link, it'll convert it to mp3, and you can save to itunes or whatever to put in your music playlist on your phone so you can do these in the park or wherever before/during/after runs. Like a boss...

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
    Doing this! Put down the weights ppl, just get good at doing push-ups to this

Forum Member

hey anyone else here having a hard time with the knots?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I didn't mention that.
    Didn't say you did. Feeling defensive? You must be a volly.

Thread Information