Like Tree9538Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goingforit View Post
    Didn't say you did. Feeling defensive? You must be a volly.
    No volly, just someone who has been answering questions for guys coming on. I can stop if you'd like?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    They're starting to come together now. Shhhhh Mr. Taliban
    Hahaha eating your taliban slop!

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    hey anyone else here having a hard time with the knots?
    Everyone does. Keep practicing. Get a rope and practice during lunch or before roll call. You'll get it.

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    No volly, just someone who has been answering questions for guys coming on. I can stop if you'd like?
    This salty probie doesn't take sh*t from no one! haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Hahaha eating your taliban slop!

Everyone does. Keep practicing. Get a rope and practice during lunch or before roll call. You'll get it.

This salty probie doesn't take sh*t from no one! haha
    Anybody know how many packets are going to be going out next go around and when?
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Anybody know how many packets are going to be going out next go around and when?
    Any answer given is speculation.

Forum Member

I'm not going to play childish games with someone over the internet. Just goes to show you guys, you can spend 18 weeks learning how to be a team and still be a **** bag and make things about yourself.

Forum Member

I'm not going to play childish games with someone over the internet. Just goes to show you guys, you can spend 18 weeks learning how to be a team and still be a **** bag and make things about yourself.
    I have a pretty good track record here, you apparently want to play the internet though guy. I'm done with you, anyone else who needs general rock info, feel free to ask.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 07-22-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Forum Member

I have a pretty good track record here, you apparently want to play the internet though guy. I'm done with you, anyone else who needs general rock info, feel free to ask.
    There's 1100 pages of info. Google it kids we're all grown men and women.

General information like things you would never know unless you were hired. Very general.

Forum Member

General information like things you would never know unless you were hired. Very general.
    They don't want to google, people are here for a reason. I'm just giving advise to those that want it, you can take it or leave it. I can answer any questions since I've been through the whole process already, including the hiring process.
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

Forum Member

I'd say there's 1100 pages of bullsyte with a sprinkling of good info. Never hurts to ask, just don't ask something that's on one of the recent previous pages.

Forum Member

Hello all, I know I've seen this question before but I'm going to ask again. PT is done daily? And how long does it last? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hello all, I know I've seen this question before but I'm going to ask again. PT is done daily? And how long does it last? Thanks
    8 hours a day every day.

Forum Member

They don't want to google, people are here for a reason. I'm just giving advise to those that want it, you can take it or leave it. I can answer any questions since I've been through the whole process already, including the hiring process.
    thank you for the continued help
    List 26XX
    Score:100

Forum Member

Everyone is here for the same purpose. Some of you have already succeeded. Some of us are in process, some will never get there. If someone wants to give advice, what's the big deal? If you don't want to give advice, why are you still here?
    Jack Nolan and USMC55 like this.

Forum Member

#thisliptontholol

Forum Member

Cool

I would like to say that I appreciate everyones input in this forum. I have been visiting this site for a while now and usually get on about 2x a day to see if anything new information has been put up. To be honest, I have not seen anything that gives or gave away information that goes on at the Rock. Maybe a few subliminal messages from the individuals who are going through or pass through the academy. I say just answer the questions as vaguely as possible when it comes to the training at the Rock and be more helpful and informative to the questions about the hiring process. I am all about surprises! I would never tell anyone the specifics of Marine Corps bootcamp because the element of surprise can determine who can handle the situation their in better. Like said congrats to the probies that just graduated and good luck to the ones who are in the academy now. Keep us updated on you progress when you can.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

Default Medical Info

i was concerned with the medical portion of the process. If one gets cleared on the day of his/her appointment can one still be DQ or you have passed that part and moved on to the Psych. What I am really asking is do they then go over the information collected during medical and pick out the best candidates.
    FDNY 2000 1xxx

Forum Member

NO. once your are cleared medically you pass that part. just because someone is 5'7 and 155 doesnt mean theyll get picked over someone who is 6'0 195. once your cleared, your cleared. on to the next phase...which for most of us is the psych. after that then its a waiting game for the academy.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

No training you could come up with at home could completely prepare you for the academy in terms of PT or as a whole.

Just stick to the HIIT and tons of push ups. Tons and tons and tons and tons and then a few more tons of them.

No weights above 20lbs.

One job! One standard!

Forum Member

Saw my friend who is in the class, for the first time since he went in, yesterday. Boy did he look sore.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Saw my friend who is in the class, for the first time since he went in, yesterday. Boy did he look sore.
    Yeah I can only imagine.

A good workout for pushups & pull ups is "The Challenge". It's a P90X3 workout. For 30 minutes you alternate push up and pull up variations. It's done at a high intensity with about a 30 second rest period between exercises. It's a bear. Anyone else here try it?
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

At the medical they told us they processed 600 medicals to get 320. Also, out of 520 or 480 candidates who failed the stairs the first time only 40 failed the second time. (I hope I got those numbers right he was speaking fast)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Yeah I can only imagine.

A good workout for pushups & pull ups is "The Challenge". It's a P90X3 workout. For 30 minutes you alternate push up and pull up variations. It's done at a high intensity with about a 30 second rest period between exercises. It's a bear. Anyone else here try it?
    Yeah, finished up the 90 program last week... Pretty brutal. Eccentric Upper is also good!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    Yeah, finished up the 90 program last week... Pretty brutal. Eccentric Upper is also good!
    Yeah Eccentric Upper is awesome. The cadence plyometric pushup is simply boss.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

How can you do eccentric with out concentric? What a plyometric push up ? I would imagine one with speed out of the bottom ?

Forum Member

Hey still looking for run partners in the Williamsburg area. Upping the distance and pace of my runs with fingers crossed for a Janurary academy start date.

Thread Information