Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How can you do eccentric with out concentric? What a plyometric push up ? I would imagine one with speed out of the bottom ?
    You go slow on the way down then explode up off the ground, then repeat.

Plyometrics involves leaping, explosive movement, aka jump training.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

I know this I hard to answer but dos anyone know if they have sent out all of this rounds Medical Letters? I'm in the high 21XX's and I'm not sure if I missed the cut off or if I should be expecting it in the next week.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    I know this I hard to answer but dos anyone know if they have sent out all of this rounds Medical Letters? I'm in the high 21XX's and I'm not sure if I missed the cut off or if I should be expecting it in the next week.
    I'm in the same boat, buddy. My friend in the 2000s got his last Monday for sometime in August. Guess we JUST missed it haha. I'm sure it'll come sooner than later though.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, buddy. My friend in the 2000s got his last Monday for sometime in August. Guess we JUST missed it haha. I'm sure it'll come sooner than later though.
    Yeah total drag bro. I guess that means we've missed The January class by less that 1/10th of a point. Oh well, I guess I'll see you around this time next summer.

Forum Member

Yeah total drag bro. I guess that means we've missed The January class by less that 1/10th of a point. Oh well, I guess I'll see you around this time next summer.
    More Medicals will go out for the potential of gettig into January

Forum Member

Have my medical for early Aug. Upper 20xx.

Forum Member

I wouldn't rule it out just yet. They're probably gonna have us processed for January either way, just in case. In reality we aren't that far off if they got up to the 1350s for the class in now.
    Last edited by mocon337; 07-23-2014 at 05:28 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    At the medical they told us they processed 600 medicals to get 320. Also, out of 520 or 480 candidates who failed the stairs the first time only 40 failed the second time. (I hope I got those numbers right he was speaking fast)
    Are you referring to the July class? Or are you saying they have the upcoming class already medically cleared?

Last, is it just me or is the medical easier now than in years past?

I bet up to 2300 or so stand a very legitimate chance at the jan 15 class. Don't fret this lag in medical letters. BHS has a lot of work to do - they'll pace themselves.

Forum Member

can you guys do me and the job a favor please, if you can't handle being yelled at, can't handle discipline, can't handle being told what to do and how to do it, then don't take this job it isn't for you! this is b u l l s h i t how guys act like they want this job and act tough but when they when get scrutinized not on by the D.I., by their squad too, they run and cry and tell that they are being mistreated and don't think they should be yelled at. this is how it is. it is like the military. what do you expect. I'm sure you military guys understand this. you other guys, as the saying goes, ''if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." if you don't like it then leave, this isn't the job for you.
    FDsouthbxNY and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

They Probly will make it to about 1900-2000 for January's class

Forum Member

I'm glad i spent all those years in the scouts! #bowlinebehindmyback

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    Hahaha eating your taliban slop!

Everyone does. Keep practicing. Get a rope and practice during lunch or before roll call. You'll get it.

This salty probie doesn't take sh*t from no one! haha
    EXAM: #2000
    LIST: #34XX
    Score: 99%

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    They Probly will make it to about 1900-2000 for January's class
    I think your way off. I think this class will be close to 2300 atleast

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    8 hours a day every day.
    Ehh, more like 8 1/2.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I think your way off. I think this class will be close to 2300 atleast
    2219 would be the highest because anyone after that hasn't even gotten packets yet, this list is moving too slow because a lot of ppl are hitting the physical requirements.. I'm 21xx and I'd be surprised if I make January.. Thankful as f*ck, but still surprised

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    can you guys do me and the job a favor please, if you can't handle being yelled at, can't handle discipline, can't handle being told what to do and how to do it, then don't take this job it isn't for you! this is b u l l s h i t how guys act like they want this job and act tough but when they when get scrutinized not on by the D.I., by their squad too, they run and cry and tell that they are being mistreated and don't think they should be yelled at. this is how it is. it is like the military. what do you expect. I'm sure you military guys understand this. you other guys, as the saying goes, ''if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen." if you don't like it then leave, this isn't the job for you.
    +1 to this! Take your feelings and CRAM'EM! Everyone is subject to the same abuse and teaching along the way. We handle things among ourselves, like grown men and women!

Forum Member

Went for my first run tonight to start upping my cardio to prepare for pre employment etc, and I gotta say I suck lol I always been in the gym but never really went running. It's a whole diff ball game, gotta stick with it. Hope everyone is doing well in the academy!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Went for my first run tonight to start upping my cardio to prepare for pre employment etc, and I gotta say I suck lol I always been in the gym but never really went running. It's a whole diff ball game, gotta stick with it. Hope everyone is doing well in the academy!
    Minimal weight training. Practice all your calisthenics, especially push-ups (pause down 1 sec pause up 1 second every time. No more shotgun push-ups bc you will never do them that way at the rock). Planks, especially holding a plank in push up position. Practice holding plank in down push-up position (like an inch or two off the floor, don't touch the floor) If you can't hold those for at least 60 sec, you need to develop that endurance. You can thank me later. Run at least 4 days a week, get as close to a 7 min mile as you can (averaging that for at least 3 miles per run). And do insanity. Everyone screenshot what I just wrote so you can remember it. I can't emphasize it enough. If you don't take what I wrote seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.
    NYgrad2012 and bkopie like this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Yeah this sounds about right, you guys gonna get shredded! Pt must be real tough, you guys have a lot of drops so far?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Minimal weight training. Practice all your calisthenics, especially push-ups (pause down 1 sec pause up 1 second every time. No more shotgun push-ups bc you will never do them that way at the rock). Planks, especially holding a plank in push up position. Practice holding plank in down push-up position (like an inch or two off the floor, don't touch the floor) If you can't hold those for at least 60 sec, you need to develop that endurance. You can thank me later. Run at least 4 days a week, get as close to a 7 min mile as you can (averaging that for at least 3 miles per run). And do insanity. Everyone screenshot what I just wrote so you can remember it. I can't emphasize it enough. If you don't take what I wrote seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Yeah this sounds about right, you guys gonna get shredded! Pt must be real tough, you guys have a lot of drops so far?

Forum Member

I heard FST isn't timed anymore, is this true?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    +1 to this! Take your feelings and CRAM'EM! Everyone is subject to the same abuse and teaching along the way. We handle things among ourselves, like grown men and women!
    Does anything even happy when these guys complain. I can't picture The DI's easing up them because they told.

Forum Member

Are these insanity tapes cheap?

Forum Member

You can get a lot of workouts on YouTube.

I bet jan class stops somewhere 23-2500. Meaning they're going to be doing more cpats, medicals, intakes etc over the next 5 months or less.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I heard FST isn't timed anymore, is this true?
    Idk about it not being timed but I know that you no longer HAVE to pass it, so long as you ace evolutions and academics. If it's no longer timed as well then that's GREAT, um..uh, I mean, that's terrible...sir.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Some old guy threw me a rope and forced me off the roof of a building today. Was a long way down. My mother never told me that would happen.
    dem7191, JDNY13 and bkopie like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information