Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 927 of 1018 FirstFirst ... 427827877917924925926927928929930937977 ... LastLast
Results 18,521 to 18,540 of 20346
Like Tree7726Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Anybody else literally laugh out loud reading some of the questions on the psych?! So many suicide questions omg. Best one "Are you afraid of fire?"
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Cuz it's not going to happen.
    You said "as per the chief" it's not happening and what I'm saying is, I've checked the Chief and they don't have anything written on it. So when did the chief say it wasn't happening?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    You said "as per the chief" it's not happening and what I'm saying is, I've checked the Chief and they don't have anything written on it. So when did the chief say it wasn't happening?
    I have also went back to a few chief post and haven't seen anything in relation to that ... Only about the women ff

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Anybody else literally laugh out loud reading some of the questions on the psych?! So many suicide questions omg. Best one "Are you afraid of fire?"
    i replied yes to this... as per something i read on another forum...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    this one I think you could have gone either way with.. but I think the one where it said “are you fascinated with fire” is one that you have to say no to.

Forum Member

I'd be ready for May and fall class. There would be no reason to send out packets to people in the 2000's if they didn't intend on putting in 3 classes this year. FD is wasting a ton of money on OT, they're sick of paying it. No reason to take 2 months between classes. They have instructors in position and the rock is up and running, makes more sense to keep classes going. 2014 is not the same as 2013.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by catchingZzzzs View Post
    I'd be ready for May and fall class. There would be no reason to send out packets to people in the 2000's if they didn't intend on putting in 3 classes this year. FD is wasting a ton of money on OT, they're sick of paying it. No reason to take 2 months between classes. They have instructors in position and the rock is up and running, makes more sense to keep classes going. 2014 is not the same as 2013.
    I'll believe it when I see it.. Until then, there are other things to talk about, guys!

Forum Member

I'll believe it when I see it.. Until then, there are other things to talk about, guys!
    I hear you, but M and the end of July is a pretty big difference. Especially when it comes to training and other favored like school and work. So finding this out is a pretty big deal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Can you elaborate more about this question and similar questions and what forum you read about this ...
    Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Can you elaborate more about this question and similar questions and what forum you read about this ...
    Thanks
    I think he was being sarcastic but it's hard to tell from reading it.

Forum Member

I think he was being sarcastic but it's hard to tell from reading it.
    Lol true ...

Forum Member

You guys overthink everything. You should be afraid of fire because fire is dangerous and can kill you. The psych test isn't that hard, don't over think it.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You guys overthink everything. You should be afraid of fire because fire is dangerous and can kill you. The psych test isn't that hard, don't over think it.
    I think It depends how you look at that question, you should fear fire to an extent but not so much that you can't turn on your stove without having a break down because you're terrified of it. I have a strong respect for fire but I'm not scared of it to the point I hide from birthday candles. At least that's the way I looked at it back when I took my psych lol, I felt that if they wanted to they could pick apart any way you answered that question. There's only a few questions that made me think in that test the rest were pretty simple and straight forward.
    Last edited by JDNY13; 01-25-2014 at 07:21 PM.
    grizzle likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    I think It depends how you look at that question, you should fear fire to an extent but not so much that you can't turn on your stove without having a break down because you're terrified of it. I have a strong respect for fire but I'm not scared of it to the point I hide from birthday candles. At least that's the way I looked at it back when I took my psych lol, I felt that if they wanted to they could pick apart any way you answered that question. There's only a few questions that made me think in that test the rest were pretty simple and straight forward.
    Thinking about it that deep could lead to an interview with the psychologist...
    ready4fire likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Thinking about it that deep could lead to an interview with the psychologist...
    Hahaha yea....but the same could said if the question asked if you're afraid of water. I think they're more concerned about the question of you being fascinated with fire. Either way the way that test is graded to give them a general profile and show any inconsistencies or tendencies. It's not like someone sits there and reads it and marks "john said he's not scared of fire, throw him in the crazy pile"
    Last edited by JDNY13; 01-25-2014 at 07:56 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Hahaha yea....but the same could said if the question asked if you're afraid of water. I think they're more concerned about the question of you being fascinated with fire. Either way the way that test is graded to give them a general profile and show any inconsistencies or tendencies. It's not like someone sits there and reads it and marks "john said he's not scared of fire, throw him in the crazy pile"
    Exactly what I was thinking. I respect fire but I'm not afraid of it where I get nervous when there's a fireplace going. Some people are afraid of water- I'm not, I respect it, it can kill you , but I'm not fearful of it. The one that says are you fascinated with fire is where red flags would be raised.

And like you guys said they could pick apart all those questions, it's about bad habits and tendencies throughout the test .

Forum Member

Lol I get what you're saying just bustin balls. Hope this snow doesn't mess up the run tomorrow those lucky few guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Lol I get what you're saying just bustin balls. Hope this snow doesn't mess up the run tomorrow those lucky few guys
    One of the instructors at CPAT prep today said 20 guys failed the run. I don't remember if he said 20 from the last class or collectively from all the runs. I'm guessing that's why there having guys run tomorrow.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

There are various types of smart phone cases in the market for people to choose.You can go to the specific websites to gain some information.With the improvement of technology,there are more and more electronic products appear in people's daily life.We have to admit that the mobile phone make our modern life better and more convenient.However the cell phone sometimes cause new problems and breaks up people's peaceful life.To create a quiet condition, the Bluetooth Jammer which can be got from http://www.jammerfromchina.com/categ...tooth_Jammers/ can help a lot.

Forum Member

I'm not talking about the chief as in the paper. I'm talking about chiefs on the job. Actual people who are in charge of whether or not there is 3 classes or 2.

Thread Information