Like Tree9945Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

According to the paperwork we were given fst is timed, must be passed, and you can't run out of air.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Minimal weight training. Practice all your calisthenics, especially push-ups (pause down 1 sec pause up 1 second every time. No more shotgun push-ups bc you will never do them that way at the rock). Planks, especially holding a plank in push up position. Practice holding plank in down push-up position (like an inch or two off the floor, don't touch the floor) If you can't hold those for at least 60 sec, you need to develop that endurance. You can thank me later. Run at least 4 days a week, get as close to a 7 min mile as you can (averaging that for at least 3 miles per run). And do insanity. Everyone screenshot what I just wrote so you can remember it. I can't emphasize it enough. If you don't take what I wrote seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.
    Thanks for the advice man, it's greatly appreciated. I never realiZed how actually out of shape I am lol. Never really do much cardio, usually just weight training and like 10 min on an elliptical and that's given me the look I wanted pretty much, but damn I switched to the calesthenics and cadence push ups/pull up, planks etc this week and I'm dead, my first run was a 1.7 mile in 15.58, in other words, I would have failed. I have some time, list number 26xx so I'm glad I started reading this forum now to change my routine up. When my time comes I want to be prepared. Thanks again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Thanks for the advice man, it's greatly appreciated. I never realiZed how actually out of shape I am lol. Never really do much cardio, usually just weight training and like 10 min on an elliptical and that's given me the look I wanted pretty much, but damn I switched to the calesthenics and cadence push ups/pull up, planks etc this week and I'm dead, my first run was a 1.7 mile in 15.58, in other words, I would have failed. I have some time, list number 26xx so I'm glad I started reading this forum now to change my routine up. When my time comes I want to be prepared. Thanks again.
    I was like you. 215, pushing as heavy as I could, doing elliptical for ten min to make myself feel better. Had the look I wanted. But it's not about the mirror anymore. It's about function. "Do you want to be a bodybuilder or firefighter" as they say. Maybe have one day per week that ad weight to you calisthenics (put a plate on your back for push-ups, hang a plate for pull-ups, etc). Then go run right after your workout bc that's how pt is.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Yeah this sounds about right, you guys gonna get shredded! Pt must be real tough, you guys have a lot of drops so far?
    Idk the number but people have been dropping out or getting hurt. My squad alone lost a fifth person on Tuesday. They barely lasted the first week. Disgusting. They took your spots and showed up looking like fat slobs. It's good, though. All the screw ups and unprepared guys tap out and there's less punishments for the rest of us lol.
    bkopie likes this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Idk the number but people have been dropping out or getting hurt. My squad alone lost a fifth person on Tuesday. They barely lasted the first week. Disgusting. They took your spots and showed up looking like fat slobs. It's good, though. All the screw ups and unprepared guys tap out and there's less punishments for the rest of us lol.
    Damn 5 ppl? Wow how many ppl are in each squad n how many squads? Yeah those dudes coulda saved time and space by just deferring.. Given some of us prepared guys the chance. Guess some guys underestimate the academy or think they could tough thier way through
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

So what happens to those people who quit, they get to come back next time? In the case of people who actually sustained injuries that prevented them to continue the academy, I guess they should come back, but about people who quit idk..
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

So to enter the academy you have to run 1.5 miles in under 13 or 12 min...also to the guys in the academy now, are there a lot of people in remedial?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    So to enter the academy you have to run 1.5 miles in under 13 or 12 min...also to the guys in the academy now, are there a lot of people in remedial?
    Enter academy is 1.5 in 13 min, by the end of the academy is goes down to 12 min.

Forum Member

Man... people dropping out of the academy makes me sick! Give me a chance to get into the academy, no matter what im ganna find the strength and motivation to get through it! Id do anything for a spot at the academy..

**When does everyone think the next open comp firefighter exam will be? 2015 or 2016??

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by billwill View Post
    Man... people dropping out of the academy makes me sick! Give me a chance to get into the academy, no matter what im ganna find the strength and motivation to get through it! Id do anything for a spot at the academy..

**When does everyone think the next open comp firefighter exam will be? 2015 or 2016??

JoinFDNY says tentatively 2016...

Forum Member

Says 2015/2016- the list for exam 2000 is so large I cant imagine it would be 2015... im hoping it will be in late 2016

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Idk about it not being timed but I know that you no longer HAVE to pass it, so long as you ace evolutions and academics. If it's no longer timed as well then that's GREAT, um..uh, I mean, that's terrible...sir.
    Is it because some people were failing out because of it. I'm guessing they are trying to have more candidates graduate and not have that 3rd class a year.
    FDNY 2000 1xxx

Forum Member

For anyone with HBO, September 8th there's going to be a documentary directed by Steve Buscemi (former FDNY) called A Good Job: Stories of the FDNY. Should be good!
    BrooklynBorn likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    Enter academy is 1.5 in 13 min, by the end of the academy is goes down to 12 min.
    Oh okay thanks for the info man I appreciate it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Are you referring to the July class? Or are you saying they have the upcoming class already medically cleared?

Last, is it just me or is the medical easier now than in years past?

I bet up to 2300 or so stand a very legitimate chance at the jan 15 class. Don't fret this lag in medical letters. BHS has a lot of work to do - they'll pace themselves.
    I think those were either July numbers or the general medical ratio. They told us what slows down the list the most are recycles and there were a lot of them in the previous PH and EMS classes. There was a guy who failed the academy twice due to academics ( he did 36 weeks) and is trying for a third time. The biggest factor in a speedy list is not to have that many recycles. IMO

The medical is the exact same thing as previous years. If you dedicate yourself to the stairs with 50lbs and 8 minutes it's pretty doable.
    bkopie likes this.

Forum Member

Says 2015/2016- the list for exam 2000 is so large I cant imagine it would be 2015... im hoping it will be in late 2016
    filling could be 2015 but the actual test could be 2016.
    List 26XX
    Score:100

Forum Member

Check your mail for psych dates, you handsome bastids...

Forum Member

As long as the next test is before 2018, then I'm happy... I'd much rather being called off this list though

Though, if they actually give me the right test/video (i had booklet A and video B and didnt complain in time for it to get fixed) combo, I might score in the hundreds lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    As long as the next test is before 2018, then I'm happy... I'd much rather being called off this list though

Though, if they actually give me the right test/video (i had booklet A and video B and didnt complain in time for it to get fixed) combo, I might score in the hundreds lol.
    It would be perfect if the next test was middle of 2017- Id be one happy camper

Forum Member

Minimal weight training. Practice all your calisthenics, especially push-ups (pause down 1 sec pause up 1 second every time. No more shotgun push-ups bc you will never do them that way at the rock). Planks, especially holding a plank in push up position. Practice holding plank in down push-up position (like an inch or two off the floor, don't touch the floor) If you can't hold those for at least 60 sec, you need to develop that endurance. You can thank me later. Run at least 4 days a week, get as close to a 7 min mile as you can (averaging that for at least 3 miles per run). And do insanity. Everyone screenshot what I just wrote so you can remember it. I can't emphasize it enough. If you don't take what I wrote seriously, you're gonna have a bad time.
    I see everyone saying this, but what would you recommend for someone small? Like 5'11, 160lb small.

I've been running, but also hitting the weights to build strength. I don't think I have the existing strength to survive on calisthenics alone (at least not yet).

Forum Member

It would be perfect if the next test was middle of 2017- Id be one happy camper
    Will definitely be before then. The list expires in June 2017, I'd assume they'd want to have the new test given already so there would be minimal down time between lists.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Is it because some people were failing out because of it. I'm guessing they are trying to have more candidates graduate and not have that 3rd class a year.

Nope, they're just bowing the the 8 members of The United Women Firefighters group who whine and complain about the physical standards being too hard. Thankfully, that group of whiners doesn't represent the bulk of the women......just those who want to tear this job down.

Forum Member

Pushups. Pushups. Pushups! All day everyday. Squats, pushups, burpees, star jumps, lunges, planks, diamond pushups, wide arm pushups.
    joro89 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Check your mail for psych dates, you handsome bastids...
    did you get yours? im low 1800s still no psych yet.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Mid 21xx just got my medical letter, check your mail boxes you muddafuggaaaas
    mocon337 likes this.

Thread Information