Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 1194 FirstFirst ... 4383909192939495961031431935931093 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 23865
Like Tree9338Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Taking the test on Saturday. Pretty much all I can think about 24/7. I should probably take a break from these forums till after the exam for the sake of my sanity and over analyzing haha.
    Best of luck man, best advice I can give without giving away too much is to stay as calm and relaxed as possible

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Taking the test on Saturday. Pretty much all I can think about 24/7. I should probably take a break from these forums till after the exam for the sake of my sanity and over analyzing haha.
    Best of luck to you.

Forum Member

So check out the latest email from the "Recruitment E - News". I guess it's official:

PSI, the company administering the exam, now offers three options for candidates who wish to reschedule their exam date (whether you missed your scheduled date and still wish to take the exam OR want to reschedule your upcoming exam date):

Can I reschedule to take my exam again because I didn't sleep well the night before?

Forum Member

believe me if your iq is above 85 you wont need sleep. i bet i could've gotten a 100 on the exam high on dust off

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    believe me if your iq is above 85 you wont need sleep. i bet i could've gotten a 100 on the exam high on dust off

Glad to hear that you got your score back and got nothing wrong. Congrats, bro...
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 04-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Forum Member
    Last edited by bensonhurstlovesme; 04-11-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Glad to hear that you got your score back and got nothing wrong. Congrats, bro...
    thanks
    Last edited by bensonhurstlovesme; 04-11-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by irish2522 View Post
    Skavenger, I wasn't even going to bother posting back to you but you sound like a teenage girl. OMG guys stop it. A lot of guys here are skeptical and wary of the vulcans because of how they turned the hiring process in many big cities into a three ring circus. Every chance they get they cry racism and never apologize when their claims are unfounded and ridiculous. I have been waiting for close to six years for something to happen with FDNY and while now I am working for another east coast department I'm still going to give it on more shot to work where I grew up. 6 years because of lawsuits, bull****, and over empowered judges saying that a basic knowledge test where 15% of the questions had multiple answers wasn't fair. The vulcans are bullies, they push around politicians, judges, chiefs, and who ever they can to get their way. They probably can't deny you access to the classes but you wouldn't be welcome.
    lol well this guy ended up being wrong

Forum Member

Just took the test yesterday-you guys weren't lying about that post-test anxiety. lol

Im more nervous now then I was before the test

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Just took the test yesterday-you guys weren't lying about that post-test anxiety. lol

Im more nervous now then I was before the test
    whats the deal with the bowling/mini golf sized pencils to take notes? people with large hands like my self were not happy with these pencils .

Forum Member

Hey guys. I'm taking the test this Saturday at 8am April 14th at studio square in long island city. How is the parking around that area at that hour on a weekend? Anyone know?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcg33369 View Post
    Hey guys. I'm taking the test this Saturday at 8am April 14th at studio square in long island city. How is the parking around that area at that hour on a weekend? Anyone know?
    i just got back from there. park in the pc richard parking lot on 38 st. look on google maps so you have an idea before you go. i parked there, its free. just park away from the store because they only want customers. but its a big lot.

Forum Member

just got back from my test. pretty sure i got a 100. to the people saying dont give info and i wish i didnt take it first. this type of test is not something to study for and its not something i can explain to someone even if i wanted to. even if i told you the questions, it still wouldnt help you. it comes down to common sense. you have it or you dont. i think there are different test since people had different booklets. also where did you hear the personality part is graded? i feel that its just used when they interview you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JSnewyork View Post
    i just got back from there. park in the pc richard parking lot on 38 st. look on google maps so you have an idea before you go. i parked there, its free. just park away from the store because they only want customers. but its a big lot.
    Ah dude I wish I would have realized that before... I got about $150 worth of parking tickets on the day of the test. haha

No big deal, I could really care less just one more little expense in pursuit of the job.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by JSnewyork View Post
    just got back from my test. pretty sure i got a 100. to the people saying dont give info and i wish i didnt take it first. this type of test is not something to study for and its not something i can explain to someone even if i wanted to. even if i told you the questions, it still wouldnt help you. it comes down to common sense. you have it or you dont. i think there are different test since people had different booklets. also where did you hear the personality part is graded? i feel that its just used when they interview you.
    FDNY does not conduct interviews, that's why they do background checks. As far as the personality Q's goes, yea they grade this portion of the exam as well as everything else. The only portion they don't grade according to them is the questions after the personality questions. They tell you it's a questionnaire and it's not graded that's about it. Maybe you did get 100 but you don't know until you see your official score. Everyone would love to think they got a 100 hell I would love to think I did but the reality will set in when I see my score.

Forum Member

JSnewyork thanks a lot!

Forum Member

The Philly test was the same format with a personality test ... Half of the list is 100's ... Its all gonna come down to the personality section and not many people are gonna be happy ... Check up on the Philly thread

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by deadbear271 View Post
    The Philly test was the same format with a personality test ... Half of the list is 100's ... Its all gonna come down to the personality section and not many people are gonna be happy ... Check up on the Philly thread
    I took the Philly test (a few of us on here did actually) and know exactly what you're talking about. All you had to do was pass the first part, and you're entire grade was based off the personality section. The difference there is that they told us from the get go that that was the way they were doing it. FDNY has never made that claim. Does that mean that they won't? Not necessarily. But the tests aren't the same at this point.

Forum Member

It should be interesting to say the least

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quick question to anyone who knows. Does psi also administer the firefighter exam in PA as well or does some other company do it?

Thread Information