Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Im confused...if you fail the run to graduate the academy, you get recycled for the next academy class?
    They give you a heads up if you're failing and you can resign and come back next time. If you choose to stay and you fail/get terminated, you cannot.

And I'd second what spider said. I have an MBA in accounting with a good gpa and find this to be A LOT of studying. I didn't read at all before I went in and my weekends are basically all studying - just don't have the time to do it during the week really (commuting from SI doesn't help)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Exactly what he said. ^ , and they didn't even do the smoke house yet.

Plus the medical, cpat, all of that stuff is so easy. You don't need to be in any kind of great shape to pass all of that. The academy is a whole different story, but the entry process is a joke.

Rumor has it that due to such an overall lack of fitness they've been seeing enter the academy they will be putting out a video showing what an average day of PT is like so all you guys who want to know all the details will. I don't know anything else about it as far as if and when it will come out.
    Y'all don't understand man. Just because some of you guys have the time and energy to be jarheads and workout everyday doesn't mean everybody has the same opportunity. Y'all need to cut that **** out talking bout the process is a joke. What may be a joke for you might not be a joke for others my good brother!!!

Forum Member

Im confused...if you fail the run to graduate the academy, you get recycled for the next academy class?
    There should be no reason anyone should fail the run at the end of the academy. That's what the academy is for to train you mentally physically and academically. By the end of the 18 weeks your running game should be significantly on point.

Forum Member

I had 3 jobs and worked at least 80 hours a week. No gym membership, and did not work out everyday. 2-3 days a week at best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ridonc View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what the latest list # they called is? Also, Im sure youve all been getting the monthly "Recruiter" emails....Im looking at these probies names and then finding them on the exam list....some of them are in the 10000's or even 20000s....ridiculous.
    To speak on this I believe it. I knew I wasn't bugging one day I thought I seen someone's one of the probies list number much higher than what they've been calling and I automatically assumed that they had family on the inside or knew someone who had hooked them up or connected them with the right people. **** sucks! But it is what it is cause if I had family or connects on the inside I'd use em too!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I had 3 jobs and worked at least 80 hours a week. No gym membership, and did not work out everyday. 2-3 days a week at best.

That's you my dude! Everybody's motivation and situation is different.

Forum Member

Can we wear a back brace in the academy?? I have a weak lower back and I am concerned in getting hurt.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Can we wear a back brace in the academy?? I have a weak lower back and I am concerned in getting hurt.
    Time to get a strong lower back.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    There should be no reason anyone should fail the run at the end of the academy. That's what the academy is for to train you mentally physically and academically. By the end of the 18 weeks your running game should be significantly on point.
    I agree with you..im only mentioning this cause in the article about that woman from the post it says she failed the run to graduate the academy but she still gets to recycle..I thought that wasnt the case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by antmdog View Post
    They give you a heads up if you're failing and you can resign and come back next time. If you choose to stay and you fail/get terminated, you cannot.

And I'd second what spider said. I have an MBA in accounting with a good gpa and find this to be A LOT of studying. I didn't read at all before I went in and my weekends are basically all studying - just don't have the time to do it during the week really (commuting from SI doesn't help)
    Oh okay, Thanks for explaining that. The reason I asked is because in the article in the post it said she failed the run to graduate but she still is on light duty and I guess going to recycle..so it doesnt make sense lol.

Forum Member

It's probably more likely that they had residency or veterans credit added.

Forum Member

Oh okay, Thanks for explaining that. The reason I asked is because in the article in the post it said she failed the run to graduate but she still is on light duty and I guess going to recycle..so it doesnt make sense lol.
    Yeah I actually misread your post - didn't see post said fail the run (thought it just said fail)

I think if you can show you're injured you can recycle, which is pretty fair IMO so long as it's not being abused. Would be kinda lame to get to say week 16 of the academy then bust your ankle/knee and that'd be the end..

Forum Member

Yeah I actually misread your post - didn't see post said fail the run (thought it just said fail)

I think if you can show you're injured you can recycle, which is pretty fair IMO so long as it's not being abused. Would be kinda lame to get to say week 16 of the academy then bust your ankle/knee and that'd be the end..
    Exactly my point. So in her case and if that's the case which I'm sure it is because 1.5 mile in 18 which is what she ran sounds even ludicrous for a woman, no sexism. Just saying.

Forum Member

I agree with you..im only mentioning this cause in the article about that woman from the post it says she failed the run to graduate the academy but she still gets to recycle..I thought that wasnt the case.
    Oh iight, cool. Pardon me!

Forum Member

Figured I might as well finally put this up. Still waiting on psych results. Lady was telling a couple of dudes at the site they had to come back for a one to one she didn't tell me though. Not sure if ill receive anything in the mail but no news is good news.

Score: 101
    List#: 17xx
    Intake Interview: Feb 21, 2014
    CPAT: Mar 22, 2014
    Med: Jun 15, 2014
    Psych: Jun 19, 2014
    2nd Med: Jun 23, 2014

Forum Member

To speak on this I believe it. I knew I wasn't bugging one day I thought I seen someone's one of the probies list number much higher than what they've been calling and I automatically assumed that they had family on the inside or knew someone who had hooked them up or connected them with the right people. **** sucks! But it is what it is cause if I had family or connects on the inside I'd use em too!!
    Stop this silly bullsh*t. No one in the 10,000s got hired because they knew someone. Boss Tweed isnt running the city.
    Last edited by nyckftbl; 07-27-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Forum Member

Its no problem lol! I Agree 100%, if actually injured and its something that disables you from continuing the academy you should be allowed to come back. Something happening that late in the academy would really suck lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Stop this silly bullsh*t. No one in the 10,000s got hired because they knew someone. Boss Tweed isnt running the city.
    My man I'm just saying. It might be a theory but then again you never know.

Forum Member

Exactly my point. So in her case and if that's the case which I'm sure it is because 1.5 mile in 18 which is what she ran sounds even ludicrous for a woman, no sexism. Just saying.
    I agree..maybe she didnt do it in under 12 but idk about 18 min...thats 6 min later..im thinking to myself how the hell did she even pass the run to get into the academy in under 13 min if she timed 18 min in the run to graduate..its kind of inconsistant..Also I think once a juicy story is at hand the news likes to spice things up a bit and throw some good old exxageration into the mix. You cant always believe everything you see on the news lol Idk I just keep an eye out on anything that has to do with the FDNY lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    Plus it was said before. I mean out of all the possible list numbers and names how do we know whose who and how do we know if it's not the case. I mean it's a lot of numbers.

Forum Member

I agree..maybe she didnt do it in under 12 but idk about 18 min...thats 6 min later..im thinking to myself how the hell did she even pass the run to get into the academy in under 13 min if she timed 18 min in the run to graduate..its kind of inconsistant..Also I think once a juicy story is at hand the news likes to spice things up a bit and throw some good old exxageration into the mix. You cant always believe everything you see on the news lol Idk I just keep an eye out on anything that has to do with the FDNY lol
    I mean she was injured so...18 isn't too far fetched especially for a female. I'm just saying.

Forum Member

I mean she was injured so...18 isn't too far fetched especially for a female. I'm just saying.
    Yea i guess so, you could be rite, the numbers just got me thinking lol.

Forum Member

Yea i guess so, you could be rite, the numbers just got me thinking lol.

I heard you.

Forum Member

My man I'm just saying. It might be a theory but then again you never know.
    I know. It's simply not true.

The importance of family/friend "connections" in the FDNY has been severely exaggerated, especially over the past decade since the beginning of the lawsuits. Coming from a family of FDNY members, I'm confident in telling you that I had to take the test, do well, wait for my turn, pass all the requirements, get through the academy, and got assigned to a house and my family connections meant absolutely jack. Candidate Investigations is under extremely strict orders not to share ANY information on ANY candidate with anybody - especially members on the job. Want your brother/dad/cousin/uncle to call and tell your investigator you're a good guy? Too bad - they'll hang right up once you say what you're calling about. Way too much on the line.

Even in the past, at it's very height, the most family connections did was let you know where you were at in the hiring process, when you would most likely be called, and if you had an extremely good hook maybe get you into a busy house (but not always - some guys I know with hooks to busy areas went to really slow houses, and others with absolutely no hooks got sent to some of the busiest companies in the city. One guy told me the story of how he walked into his house for the first time and the first question they asked him was, "Who do you know? Nobody gets sent here straight from the academy." Well, he did. No family, friends, nothing on the job - just got sent there).

But the idea that guys were just getting called up way ahead of their spots to get put in a class is bogus. Maybe it happened in the 50s or 60s or something, when the entire city was corrupt, but it is definitely not an idea even worth entertaining in the recent history of the department.
    FDsouthbxNY and bkopie like this.

Forum Member

Some one probably put their *** on the line to bring light to this story.

Thread Information