Like Tree9532Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1883996

pictures show 2 probys as part of the rescue. give you guys some motivation
    Probie?? I checked both lists and didn't bump on his name. I was just curious that's all.
    FDNY 2000 1xxx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    Probie?? I checked both lists and didn't bump on his name. I was just curious that's all.
    He came off of the OC list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    I have what seems like. Silly question to me, but I've heard more than a few people say this so I want to check it out. I currently work for the city, and claimed residency for the written exam for that dept. I've been told they won't allow me to claim residency credit for another civil service exam. You only use it once. That sounds insane to me, anyone shed some light on this for me, will they deny my 5pts and re adjust my list number? That would be devastating and in my opinion extremely unfair
    I have heard this but for people who are claiming military points not sure if they do it for residency also.
    FDNY 2000 1xxx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DSNY2FDNY View Post
    I have what seems like. Silly question to me, but I've heard more than a few people say this so I want to check it out. I currently work for the city, and claimed residency for the written exam for that dept. I've been told they won't allow me to claim residency credit for another civil service exam. You only use it once. That sounds insane to me, anyone shed some light on this for me, will they deny my 5pts and re adjust my list number? That would be devastating and in my opinion extremely unfair
    I've heard of something similar. Not sure if it would apply to you. But basically I've heard of guys who had veteran or legacy points saved for their future for promotions later in their career. Basically they didn't use them to get on the job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I've heard of something similar. Not sure if it would apply to you. But basically I've heard of guys who had veteran or legacy points saved for their future for promotions later in their career. Basically they didn't use them to get on the job.
    Yeah I know you can't use it twice in the same dept, same rules apply for Dsny, but two completely diff jobs I don't see why I wouldn't be able to claim residency on the OC exam.

Forum Member

I gotta jump in here....even though i hate to even address this nonsense, but I have to. First off, no one was ever skipped, jumped or hired before DCAS (unaffiliated with the FDNY) reached that number on the OC exam and passed there information to investigators at FDNY. So lets stop the favoritism nonsense right now.

Next, I don't know how anyone can do anything except come down hard on those who showed up to the academy unprepared. You have kids? You work three jobs? NO ONE CARES. Physical Training at the Academy isn't to get you in shape, its to mold and prepare you for a different kind of physical exertion. All these reason for why you may or may not show up physically prepared are nothing more than poor, lame ***** excuses. Excuses don't cut it, ever. No one wants to hear them in the academy and no one wants to hear them in the firehouse, EVER.

People getting "hurt" and sitting around collecting a paycheck at HQ is a load of shyte. I watched guys CRY their way through the run because they were in such pain, but there was no way they were quitting, none. I've known people who had injuries, infections, rashes and strains who saw their personal Dr. on the weekend and quietly treated it because the thought of leaving the academy was too much to bear. We've got people doing that and then we want to make excuses for those who showed up unprepared????? Get the f$#k outta here.

With the exception of a verifiable injury, if they have to take you to the hospital, you should be fired, done. No more chances. No coddling crybabies with "excuses".

Lastly, this job is a calling and a lifestyle. If you took this test 'cause you needed the money or it was just something to do, please move on. There are plenty of people chomping at the bit to walk through those academy gates, kill themselves for 18 weeks just to spend a day working in a firehouse. We want people become one of us, change for this lifestyle and join the family. Not people who want to be "individuals" doing their own thing.

THIS IS NOT A JOB. You want a place to go punch a clock? There are plenty of other city jobs, this one's not for you.

Forum Member

Amen brother ^^

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I gotta jump in here....even though i hate to even address this nonsense, but I have to. First off, no one was ever skipped, jumped or hired before DCAS (unaffiliated with the FDNY) reached that number on the OC exam and passed there information to investigators at FDNY. So lets stop the favoritism nonsense right now.

Next, I don't know how anyone can do anything except come down hard on those who showed up to the academy unprepared. You have kids? You work three jobs? NO ONE CARES. Physical Training at the Academy isn't to get you in shape, its to mold and prepare you for a different kind of physical exertion. All these reason for why you may or may not show up physically prepared are nothing more than poor, lame ***** excuses. Excuses don't cut it, ever. No one wants to hear them in the academy and no one wants to hear them in the firehouse, EVER.

People getting "hurt" and sitting around collecting a paycheck at HQ is a load of shyte. I watched guys CRY their way through the run because they were in such pain, but there was no way they were quitting, none. I've known people who had injuries, infections, rashes and strains who saw their personal Dr. on the weekend and quietly treated it because the thought of leaving the academy was too much to bear. We've got people doing that and then we want to make excuses for those who showed up unprepared????? Get the f$#k outta here.

With the exception of a verifiable injury, if they have to take you to the hospital, you should be fired, done. No more chances. No coddling crybabies with "excuses".

Lastly, this job is a calling and a lifestyle. If you took this test 'cause you needed the money or it was just something to do, please move on. There are plenty of people chomping at the bit to walk through those academy gates, kill themselves for 18 weeks just to spend a day working in a firehouse. We want people become one of us, change for this lifestyle and join the family. Not people who want to be "individuals" doing their own thing.

THIS IS NOT A JOB. You want a place to go punch a clock? There are plenty of other city jobs, this one's not for you.
    Well said brother!
    FDsouthbxNY and USMC55 like this.

Forum Member

FDsouthBX just motivated me to get off my *** and do some push ups. I have been sick in and is a slump.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Can I record you saying this out loud so I can play it back during my track workouts lol

Forum Member

At the risk of sounding redundant. All these recycles wasting spots in up to 3 classes and only 2 classes scheduled per year has me very anxious.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    At the risk of sounding redundant. All these recycles wasting spots in up to 3 classes and only 2 classes scheduled per year has me very anxious.
    I'm impatient because I want to join the best job in the world, but I know I have a lot of work to do, so I'm focusing on that instead of the wait. Makes it go by easier.

Forum Member

Yeah if I had a better number I could do that.

Forum Member

A little nervous!! Got my second stairmaster for medical this Friday! I am freaking out!! I have been training with 50lb weight vest on the stairmaster for about 8 minutes and 20 seconds but now that I think about it the stairmaster in medical seemed faster. Am i losing it? I am even contemplating on rescheduling my medical. *I have the stairmaster set at 60 steps a minute (level 4 on the one I use) but I am still a little worried. I will try it a little faster today and see how I feel!
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    A little nervous!! Got my second stairmaster for medical this Friday! I am freaking out!! I have been training with 50lb weight vest on the stairmaster for about 8 minutes and 20 seconds but now that I think about it the stairmaster in medical seemed faster. Am i losing it? I am even contemplating on rescheduling my medical. *I have the stairmaster set at 60 steps a minute (level 4 on the one I use) but I am still a little worried. I will try it a little faster today and see how I feel!
    sounds like you're losing it. aim for staying on between 10-15 minutes so 8 minutes will feel like cake. 60 steps per minute is 60 steps per minute no matter what machine you use.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but then i noticed that the stairmaster at the medical starts at 60 steps/minute and the stairmaster at my gym takes a few seconds to speed up to 60 steps/minute. This made me think that the stairmaster at the medical was faster at first. Or am I wrong ?

Forum Member

Default exam 2000

What's the highest list # that has gotten a packet in the mail to begin the hiring process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    What's the highest list # that has gotten a packet in the mail to begin the hiring process?
    2219 in December 2013

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    2219 in December 2013
    When i called to change my address they said they reached Upto 2230

Forum Member

hey guys been on this thread for about a year now, just decided to make an account and ask someone OTJ or someone who has a better idea than me about something. maybe FDSouthBx, love his posts. since 2230 got their packets in December of 2013. theyre most likely looking at January 2015 academy.

LIST#2230 packets in December 2013..academy January 2015..
    LIST#3300 packets in august 2014..academy July 2015..
    LIST#4500 packets In January 2015.. academy January 2016
    LIST#5800 packets in July 2015..academy July 2016
    LIST#7000 packets in January 2016.. academy January 2017

The range of list numbers is 110% speculation, I was just looking for some insight on this, everybody giving information on this forum has kept me going even though I'm looking at an academy in late 2016..early 2017 with a list number in the early 6000s. I appreciate you guys taking the time and giving us hopefuls some motivation. have a good one fellas.

Forum Member

hey guys been on this thread for about a year now, just decided to make an account and ask someone OTJ or someone who has a better idea than me about something. maybe FDSouthBx, love his posts. since 2230 got their packets in December of 2013. theyre most likely looking at January 2015 academy.

LIST#2230 packets in December 2013..academy January 2015..
    LIST#3300 packets in august 2014..academy July 2015..
    LIST#4500 packets In January 2015.. academy January 2016
    LIST#5800 packets in July 2015..academy July 2016
    LIST#7000 packets in January 2016.. academy January 2017

The range of list numbers is 110% speculation, I was just looking for some insight on this, everybody giving information on this forum has kept me going even though I'm looking at an academy in late 2016..early 2017 with a list number in the early 6000s. I appreciate you guys taking the time and giving us hopefuls some motivation. have a good one fellas.

Forum Member

I am in the same situation as you.

Forum Member

What's up guys? Has anyone had trouble getting a hold of their immunization records for the medical? Also what is the target heart rate we can't go over on the stairs. Thank you

Forum Member

Jesus Christ! I wish I could "Like" this comment 1000 times but the goddamn forum only allows me to click it once.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush1982 View Post
    What's up guys? Has anyone had trouble getting a hold of their immunization records for the medical? Also what is the target heart rate we can't go over on the stairs. Thank you
    They ask for immunization to see if you've gotten your tuberculosis shot. If you can't provide proof then they will give you the shot and you must have it read by a doctor after 2-3 days.

You can't go over double your resting heart rate after the 3 minute warm up.

You can't go over 90% of your Max heart rate with the vest on after 5:12 minutes.

Thread Information