Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 939 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 4398398899299369379389399409419429499891039 ... LastLast
Results 18,761 to 18,780 of 23941
Like Tree9376Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Haha well mostly cuz I went a little overboard last night and due to that didn't have anytime to workout today cuz I was sleeping and since I'm gonna be in July I need to step it up now. Can't let that slow me down.
    THis is so funny cause ive started drinking and relaxed on the training
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    1 week down, 17 to go. Body needs some rest and recovery. I will be doing that and studying all weekend. Words of advice to those in the process for future classes, COME IN THE BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE! It's not like workouts you do on your own at the gym for the most part. Push yourself to the Max and keep going.
    Yea rest up brother 17 to go. Ibuprofen and ice are your friend lol. I'm only on here on my carpool ride on the way home while we quiz each other. Tonight is ready reading and recovering
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You're telling me, my squad is literally mostly veterans, and most being marines. I blend so good I've had instructors ask me what branch I was in
    Good to see you're blending in ! There's a big difference from a Marine Corps pace and an Air Force pace, and if you're keeping up with a squad that's mostly jarheads then just keep up the hard work !
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

i honestly dont know why you guys in the class are on here posting anything.. whether you think youre anonymous or think your posts are OK to post online it doesnt matter.. youre wrong

i can assure you someone somewhere associated with the academy looks at this crap and would love to call you out in front of 320 of your fellow probies
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

Passed the second attempt at the stairs today! Hopefully I don't hear anything else from them until that run letter!
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    if people want to try out a new job and see if its for them go work at mcdonalds or drive a bus. some people wait forever to get on this job and to quit on the first day cause your not in shape is a sham. from day 1 when you get your packet they drill it in to our heads to be in shape. its not a joke. an injury is one thing but to not be ready when most of us have months if not years to prepare isnt gonna cut it. these guys who give up wasted alot of time and resources of their mentors and investigators and instructors when they could have been putting in time on people who really want the job and who are ready. the academy sucks we know that but if your physically and mentally ready it will suck that much less. dont mean to stir the pot here just speaking my mind. good luck to all the guys still hanging in there. dont quit.
    I was thinking all day how to say what you just said .. I was just scared to come out the wrong way ... But you said it perfect ... I agree with you all the way

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    I was thinking all day how to say what you just said .. I was just scared to come out the wrong way ... But you said it perfect ... I agree with you all the way

thanks a lot dude...keep training thats all we can do
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GNYHC View Post
    i honestly dont know why you guys in the class are on here posting anything.. whether you think youre anonymous or think your posts are OK to post online it doesnt matter.. youre wrong

i can assure you someone somewhere associated with the academy looks at this crap and would love to call you out in front of 320 of your fellow probies
    It is strictly drilled to us to not post anything that will give the FDNY a bad name or look. If I want to warn future brothers to be in shape I believe that is in my right. Also think the DI's rather deal with ppl in shape than ppl not. Thanks for your opinion though, you are entitled to that.
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GNYHC View Post

I don't see anything wrong with the posts on here. If they are posting during the week, and giving detailed info on what goes on, then yes, there is a problem. Guys are here telling you that the academy is not a easy task, and anyone that thinks they are gonna go in and act like they are gonna complete the full 18 weeks without getting hurt or without questioning themselves about going into a smoke filled evolution, you are nuts. Now, I fully expect people that are in the current class to stop posting more and more as the weeks go on. Right now they are excited and want to share their experience. Once they are settled in, they are gonna concentrate more about passing FST, practicals, and academics.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    It is strictly drilled to us to not post anything that will give the FDNY a bad name or look. If I want to warn future brothers to be in shape I believe that is in my right. Also think the DI's rather deal with ppl in shape than ppl not. Thanks for your opinion though, you are entitled to that.
    Exactly they explain what you can and can not say. Which is why I don't nor will I ever go into detail about what goes on or use the fdny logo or anything of that nature. I don't post during the week, but when guys tally about how theyll

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Exactly they explain what you can and can not say. Which is why I don't nor will I ever go into detail about what goes on or use the fdny logo or anything of that nature. I don't post during the week, but when guys talk about how theyll
    Go to the rock and do this or that I'm just letting them know it's like nothing you've been through if you're not former military
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Guys the orientation says long pants and long shirts. I'm sure that means professional but should I bring a gym bag with clothes as well?
    List 20##
    Score 101

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    Guys the orientation says long pants and long shirts. I'm sure that means professional but should I bring a gym bag with clothes as well?
    For all CPAT orientations and practices, wear gym clothes. Sweats, shirt, sneakers.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

It depends what orientation you're talking about. Go back and read that post

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Was wondering if anybody else received their medical yet? Also did you go to your intake interview yet? If so when was it? Just trying to get an idea of when I should receive mine.
    Yup, had the intake interview a few weeks back.
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

yea JK is right, it depends what orientation your referring too. If I remember correctly, the one at Randall's Island is more dressy, I wore khakis and a button down.

Forum Member

You guys should take your class discussion private.

Forum Member

Guys in now haven't even done FST/real PT sessions yet. Forget about when the cold rain and snow come through. They don't cancel PT...

Be careful what you post here, your intent may be good but one wrong word can cause a world of problems.

On this job you will frequently hear a saying "what you see here, what you hear here and what you do here, stays here."

Forum Member

So in looking through the class list I found a guy who was in my class and the last class. God only knows what his deal is that he's doing this for the 3rd time. Unbelievable.

Also Lt Pete is Lt Critsimilios to you, don't forget that.
    ovaltine_jenkins and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    So in looking through the class list I found a guy who was in my class and the last class. God only knows what his deal is that he's doing this for the 3rd time. Unbelievable.

Also Lt Pete is Lt Critsimilios to you, don't forget that.
    Doin a quick look over the class list it looked like they got up to list #730, anyone know for sure how far down the list they reached ?
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Thread Information