Like Tree9526Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

im gonna sign your pitty on the runny kine
    Last edited by LongCut; 06-06-2012 at 06:21 PM.

Forum Member

I really feel like the personality section wont take a huge dent out of you score. Worst case scenario no way they are worth more than a half point per question and even if you get it wrong you still get .25 points. Best case scenario (unlikely because its so logical) the personality section is only one section out of 5 and maybe each section will be weighted 20%. In which case getting 8 wrong is only 1 point off.

I'm guessing section 5 will still be more like 40% of the test grade unfortunatley but even then with the partial credit for every answer 8 wrong will still only slap you for 2 points.

All speculation, but mathimatically with the layout of the test not nailing the personality section shouldnt be a death sentence.

BTW took the review on Monday, did great on the first 4 sections and ok in the personality. I protested every personality PC from section 5 though and my hand felt like it was gonna fall of from all the writing haha. Feel good about the test.

Forum Member

Long cut....i got the exact question wrong as welll..... i protested as well......BS their answer was the 2nd purpose.....NOT the MAIN

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Got one wrong on the first part and it was a question that clearly looks like i have the right answer for. Anyone else have that one? They ask the purpose about some part. I protested it. Got like 12 pc on the personality. Friggin bull****. Cant wait to see how heavily those are weighted
    I had the same question and protested it as well. It seemed blatantly obvious.

Forum Member

this question you guys are talking about did it have the disclaimer (there may be more than one answer) after the question?

Forum Member

im gonna sign your pitty on the runny kine
    Last edited by LongCut; 06-06-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I really feel like the personality section wont take a huge dent out of you score. Worst case scenario no way they are worth more than a half point per question and even if you get it wrong you still get .25 points. Best case scenario (unlikely because its so logical) the personality section is only one section out of 5 and maybe each section will be weighted 20%. In which case getting 8 wrong is only 1 point off.

I'm guessing section 5 will still be more like 40% of the test grade unfortunatley but even then with the partial credit for every answer 8 wrong will still only slap you for 2 points.

All speculation, but mathimatically with the layout of the test not nailing the personality section shouldnt be a death sentence.

BTW took the review on Monday, did great on the first 4 sections and ok in the personality. I protested every personality PC from section 5 though and my hand felt like it was gonna fall of from all the writing haha. Feel good about the test.
    The personality section may be worth more than you think.

I've heard of multiple departments that score the general knowledge based questions almost as a pass/fail. They set a passing score of, lets say 75.00%, and as long as you score above that, they then assign you a list number from the score of your personality section. Which means basically your entire grade is based upon the personality section.

The way the vulcans were stressing the personality section, I wouldn't put it passed garaufis and co. to score it this way.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by GIMMEFIRE600 View Post
    The personality section may be worth more than you think.

I've heard of multiple departments that score the general knowledge based questions almost as a pass/fail. They set a passing score of, lets say 75.00%, and as long as you score above that, they then assign you a list number from the score of your personality section. Which means basically your entire grade is based upon the personality section.

The way the vulcans were stressing the personality section, I wouldn't put it passed garaufis and co. to score it this way.

Pretty sure that's how Philly did it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Long cut....i got the exact question wrong as welll..... i protested as well......BS their answer was the 2nd purpose.....NOT the MAIN
    I think I protested the same question. I felt like my answer covered there answer. As a matter of fact what I picked was basically stated the sentence before the answer they wanted.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Pretty sure that's how Philly did it.
    It's a trend that most departments are following, if I was a betting man I'd place all my chips on the test being scored this way.

Forum Member

It's a trend that most departments are following, if I was a betting man I'd place all my chips on the test being scored this way.
    Hope you're wrong.
    Last edited by Bellestoria; 06-15-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    fc6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JSnewyork View Post
    just got back from the review and im screwed. i only got 1 wrong but the personality questions killed me.i got 25 pc. they are basically looking for the people that lie. for example if you answered i never lie with strongly agree or agree you got full credit. i read on this forum to choose disagree because youd be honest in your answer. wrong! how many times did you get a compliment last month? they want more than 5. what does that have to do with anything? if i didnt read that on this forum i would have just answered them all like i thought they wanted them answered,but instead i thought they were looking for honesty.
    Are you kidding me? I paid $450 for a prep class and went to the Vulcan meetings and they both said that if you oversold yourself then then would know that your lying. So the people who actual tried to prepare and went to review sessions are going to get screwed because they got bad information.

Forum Member

Default One more day till D-Day

This is very interesting how this is playing out, and I'm curious to see on my test how my personality is scored. One of the hugest issues I do have is that at my job I'm a supervisor, so while I love having help from my co-workers they have different chores than I do. I do know just from asking question to others who have took this test, that the first part I'm guarenteed to have a couple of partial credits which I will protest vehemently. Outside of that and the judge passing the test, it is going to be an intriguing summer for sure.

Forum Member

I didn't schedule a review session because I didn't want to get too amped up or depressed about my results before our favorite Judge decided on what he's going to do, but now I'm getting antsy and wondering how I did on the personality section. I checked out the PSI site but scheduling is closed. Anyone know how they are doing it at the testing sites? Would it be possible to just show up with a copy of your original admission notice? Has anyone seen this at their review session? At the original exam, I believe I saw people with admission notices from days that weren't the day they showed up, but since they were in the system I don't think it mattered (unless they had rescheduled and didn't print out the rescheduled info from PSI's site).

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitashot View Post
    Seems like general consensus is guys are fairly happy with their scores so far? Wish I could make it up for the review but the trip in March to take the test went a little over budget!!
    Yeah know the feeling.
    Wonder if psi would let us get our info via email or over the phone. Lol doubt it but can dream that could happen

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    this question you guys are talking about did it have the disclaimer (there may be more than one answer) after the question?
    No mine had just one correct answer

Forum Member

The personality questions I got partial credit for were partial credits because I did what the Vulcans said and that was not to oversell myself.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    I didn't schedule a review session because I didn't want to get too amped up or depressed about my results before our favorite Judge decided on what he's going to do, but now I'm getting antsy and wondering how I did on the personality section. I checked out the PSI site but scheduling is closed. Anyone know how they are doing it at the testing sites? Would it be possible to just show up with a copy of your original admission notice? Has anyone seen this at their review session? At the original exam, I believe I saw people with admission notices from days that weren't the day they showed up, but since they were in the system I don't think it mattered (unless they had rescheduled and didn't print out the rescheduled info from PSI's site).
    When I went I brought with me the email confirmation. The lady told me that it wasn't necessary to bring it because those who scheduled through the website were put in a list. All you needed to bring was photo ID. I think you should give psi a call because on their website it states that there's no more available dates.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Guys, now was the Philly test based on a double graded system like 99/100? Not to sure if that's how they were graded, can someone elaborate this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The personality questions I got partial credit for were partial credits because I did what the Vulcans said and that was not to oversell myself.
    yup, same here, got partial on 11 of them and missed one in the first four sections...

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Fdnytolife4130;1328310]When I went I brought with me the email confirmation. The lady told me that it wasn't necessary to bring it because those who scheduled through the website were put in a list. All you needed to bring was photo ID. I think you should give psi a call because on their website it states that there's no more available dates.[/Q

Damn I forgot what email I used and didn't print it out yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Got one wrong on the first part and it was a question that clearly looks like i have the right answer for. Anyone else have that one? They ask the purpose about some part. I protested it. Got like 12 pc on the personality. Friggin bull****. Cant wait to see how heavily those are weighted
    yes, got that one wrong also so I protested it...thought I clearly had the right answer

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    yes, got that one wrong also so I protested it...thought I clearly had the right answer
    did this question you guys are talking about have gauges?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    This is very interesting how this is playing out, and I'm curious to see on my test how my personality is scored. One of the hugest issues I do have is that at my job I'm a supervisor, so while I love having help from my co-workers they have different chores than I do. I do know just from asking question to others who have took this test, that the first part I'm guarenteed to have a couple of partial credits which I will protest vehemently. Outside of that and the judge passing the test, it is going to be an intriguing summer for sure.
    DJ, pretty sure they said you can't protest those questions...

Forum Member

did this question you guys are talking about have gauges?
    No, it was what the purpose of another part was...

Thread Information