Like Tree10467Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Nolan View Post
    Has anyone here past the Medical on the first shot?

Exam 2000 = 101%
    List # = 21**
    Past CPAT = 3/21/2014
    Intake Interview = 3/28/14
    Medical = 8/20/14
    Pass on the first shot. . I found my lower body workout was crucial also I included a lot of high speed jogging to get my heart rate up fequently..

Forum Member

Haven't gotten a psych date yet, but is it possible to reschedule it for a weekend day? I just started a new job I can't lose and I already have to take off for my medical, maybe (hopefully not) twice.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    I would agree with conservative, but they can only go up to 2219 from what's been said here. Better get some more packets out for July soon lol
    My man, they've got MONTHS. They know what they need and what they'll get. I'd say 2,200- 2,300 would be tops. That'd be a 3:1 ratio and it's early in the game. Remember....people who deferred are out there too, ready to take the next class or two.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Haven't gotten a psych date yet, but is it possible to reschedule it for a weekend day? I just started a new job I can't lose and I already have to take off for my medical, maybe (hopefully not) twice.
    The psych is only given on Saturdays.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    Most excellent.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    My man, they've got MONTHS. They know what they need and what they'll get. I'd say 2,200- 2,300 would be tops. That'd be a 3:1 ratio and it's early in the game. Remember....people who deferred are out there too, ready to take the next class or two.
    And there are people who will defer this class etc

They'll have a reasonable idea in the next few weeks and they will send more packets to cover this upcoming class (jan?) and the following in July

Forum Member

Does anyone know if they allow guys with glasses get in? OR if they have a standard to them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    I took mine on a friday
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I was trying to determine what list number the last January class got up to to make a better estimate. Wasn't it somewhere close to the 700's? & then the July class reached up high 1300's / low 1400's.
    With the next classes filling up primarily from the OC list, & roughly 320 candidates needed for the Academy, with a 3:1 ratio the next list numbers competing for a spot to the January class have to go from 2300-2400 at least. That's saying it follows the ratio which at this point, 2 years later, I think it will.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    Does anyone know if they allow guys with glasses get in? OR if they have a standard to them?
    You are allowed to wear glasses when you go take the medical.

Forum Member

Question for the guys in academy right now.. It's week 4, are you guys noticing physical differences? Like becoming more ripped? I could imagine with all the pt and cardio, a pic of the whole class would look like the cast of '300'

Forum Member

With the amount of running & PT they do, even if it's not as noticeable yet, they're definitely feeling a lot healthier... aside from the exhaustion LoL
    When I went through Navy bootcamp it wasn't even close to as physically demanding as the Academy & I still lost 20 pounds & lost my gut & gained a six pack

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JRodPizza View Post
    Question for the guys in academy right now.. It's week 4, are you guys noticing physical differences? Like becoming more ripped? I could imagine with all the pt and cardio, a pic of the whole class would look like the cast of '300'
    I think you lose more weight then looking ripped. Healthier of course but thinner, that's how it was for me.

Forum Member

Whether you will lose or gain weight in the academy all depends on calories in vs calories out. If your calorie expenditure (which is very high due to the physical activity of the academy) is greater than your calorie consumption than you will lose weight. But if you consume more calories than you burn at the academy than you will actually gain weight. In my case I count my macronutrients so when I enter the academy I am planning on maintaining my weight. I am going in lean enough make my calisthenics and running very easy but strong enough to drag a dummy, force an entry etc with ease.

P.S: I am not dropping the weights like most of you guys recommend. I am doing both high reps/endurance work and maintaining my strength. And at the same time I am killing my cardio outdoors.

Forum Member

Someone otj told me they're looking for recruiters to train for an "upcoming firefighter recruitment campaign". Which to me, sounds like the filing for a new test will happen next year. I may be thinking too much into it, but there's no sense in recruiting if there is no test.

Then again, I also heard that DCAS stated 2 years from now....

So who knows lol
    Last edited by bkopie; 08-05-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    You are allowed to wear glasses when you go take the medical.
    Oh I guess it has changed since the last exam? I read some threads where the doc has said to get lasik surgery if its not 20/40.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Someone otj told me they're looking for recruiters to train for an "upcoming firefighter recruitment campaign". Which to me, sounds like the filing for a new test will happen next year. I may be thinking too much into it, but there's no sense in recruiting if there is no test.

Then again, I also heard that DCAS stated 2 years from now....

So who knows lol
    It's probably all political press. Just an excuse for a few people to get new jobs and further juice their lawsuit and confuse and extort money from the ignorant public who don't even know what DCAS is. Meanwhile there is still a whole list that's not into the 100% yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Whether you will lose or gain weight in the academy all depends on calories in vs calories out. If your calorie expenditure (which is very high due to the physical activity of the academy) is greater than your calorie consumption than you will lose weight. But if you consume more calories than you burn at the academy than you will actually gain weight. In my case I count my macronutrients so when I enter the academy I am planning on maintaining my weight. I am going in lean enough make my calisthenics and running very easy but strong enough to drag a dummy, force an entry etc with ease.

P.S: I am not dropping the weights like most of you guys recommend. I am doing both high reps/endurance work and maintaining my strength. And at the same time I am killing my cardio outdoors.
    I'd recommend you hope for the best but expect the worst. You won't be able to eat as often as you'd like while at the academy & you're going to burn a **** ton of calories a day. Your caloric expenditure will greatly outweigh your intake unless you eat a stupid fat dinner at night. Just curious, do you have military experience?

Forum Member

Default psych

for psych what can we wear? it says casual. jeans and a polo okay? also anyone remember the length of the psych? thanks

going this saturday for 8:15
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

I took my medical today, asked them if contacts and glasses were okay, since they let you take the vision test with them on/in. The officer told me that it's all allowed, except for wearing contacts down at the rock because of the smoke out drills and various other drills.
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SI91 View Post
    I took my medical today, asked them if contacts and glasses were okay, since they let you take the vision test with them on/in. The officer told me that it's all allowed, except for wearing contacts down at the rock because of the smoke out drills and various other drills.
    So meaning you have to wear your glasses at the rock? I guess overall it would just be better if I get lasik before hand then.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    So meaning you have to wear your glasses at the rock? I guess overall it would just be better if I get lasik before hand then.
    That's about what I took away from what the officer was telling me. They didn't really give us that much time to talk with those who were in charge of the testings
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

Forum Member

Hello everyone,

I have not been called (list # in 2500's) yet but I have to contact FDNY about deferring.

My question is how and who do I get in contact with to defer? They gave me a phone number to the investigators of 718-999-2213, but all I get is a voice mail that says it is full.

Does anyone know who I can call to discuss how the deferment process works?

Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have not been called (list # in 2500's) yet but I have to contact FDNY about deferring.

My question is how and who do I get in contact with to defer? They gave me a phone number to the investigators of 718-999-2213, but all I get is a voice mail that says it is full.

Does anyone know who I can call to discuss how the deferment process works?

Thanks
    don't do it!

Forum Member

Around 21 people dropped from academy thus far

Thread Information