Like Tree10626Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    agreed, but don't jump the gun. i know this man, he's a fair guy, trust me.
    I take your word for it. He has a kind face & looks like a good leader. I just hope that his goals to diversify the ranks don't fall into a position where people are being promoted who aren't ready.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

This guy is probably not really on board with the race agenda but it's still annoying that an accomplished man such as himself has to say this stuff publicly in order to get what he deserves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    This guy is probably not really on board with the race agenda but it's still annoying that an accomplished man such as himself has to say this stuff publicly in order to get what he deserves.
    What's a race agenda?

Forum Member

An agenda based on race. Which is illegal but some how is becoming politically correct and required.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-06-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Forum Member

An agenda based on race. Which is illegal but some how is becoming politically correct and required.
    Sounds very conspiracy theory-ish to me. But what do I know? I'm guessing it something that is applied to keep out - whom?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Sounds very conspiracy theory-ish to me. But what do I know? I'm guessing it something that is applied to keep out - whom?
    And now it's politically correct and required.. Well, I guess it's all over. It's a good thing we live in a society where nothing like that has ever occured on a mass or even global scale. Like the good old days when everything was fair.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

No offense bro but my message wasn't for you personally or for you to pick apart. I was replying to the poster above me as I understood his frustration. It sounds like you haven't been reading the forum over the past few years or you a messing with me. My apologies if you are not.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-06-2014 at 03:49 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

No offense bro but my message wasn't for you personally or for you to pick apart. I was replying to the poster above me as I understood his frustration. It sounds like you haven't been reading the forum over the past few years or you a messing with me. My apologies if you are not.
    Maybe I misinterpreted what you said. Can be hard to decipher meaning on an Internet forum. I've been here for a while though. Same as many. All finished up now though and looking at this next class. If my interpretation was correct then glad I won't have to work next to someone who has those views and if I'm wrong then maybe someday we will be working next to each other and not even know it.

Forum Member

My views are that race shouldn't matter and everyone should get the same fair shot.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Maybe I misinterpreted what you said. Can be hard to decipher meaning on an Internet forum. I've been here for a while though. Same as many. All finished up now though and looking at this next class. If my interpretation was correct then glad I won't have to work next to someone who has those views and if I'm wrong then maybe someday we will be working next to each other and not even know it.
    Glad you won't have to work next to someone who has the views that a person should have rank based on their worthiness & not their skin color? Cuz his usage of "race agenda" was, from what I interpreted as, merely meant to say that people are trying to get other people into higher positions not because they deserve it more, but because they're not white.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

correct and I think this guy does deserve it.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Here we go with race again....

Whatever your personal views on race are, when/if you're OTJ your view should be "as long as this guy doesn't kill me, i don't care what his race/religion/sexuality/hobbies/fetishes/etc are"
    vekdoggs75 and FDEngine like this.

Forum Member

Don't want this turning into a flaming contest again. Just got annoyed at what I read in that article & vented.

Moving on..

Forum Member

Vent to the mirror

Forum Member

So anyway what's up with those damn packets lol. I just was explaining to my friend who has a 100 that he needs to start really training with the vest as a priority.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    wow, thanks for posting that. i didn't know that Chief Turner got promoted. I am very happy for him. He is a real good man and a great officer. so, for the guys on that are on the job, know that we are in good hands.
    no problem bk

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    "...he’s aiming to become “intimately involved” in helping to diversify the ranks. He said that he and Nigro share a vision “to make certain that this job becomes representative of the city we serve,” referring to the recently settled civil rights lawsuit over biased recruitment methods."

I'm sick of seeing things like this. If an African American/Hispanic/Asian person is better than a White person & more qualified, then give him/her the damn job without a second thought, he/she worked hard for it & earned the rank. If a White person is better qualified & doesn't get the job over an African American/Hispanic/Asian person just because they're white, it's fcking racist point blank. The men and women who have better experience, more knowledge & are more capable & reliable in a certain position are the ones who should hold those positions. That should be our ONLY focus on ranks - make sure the best person has the job.
    I agree with you, however guys that are otj seem to know he is a good guy so time will tell.

Forum Member

So anyway what's up with those damn packets lol. I just was explaining to my friend who has a 100 that he needs to start really training with the vest as a priority.
    I remember reading on this thread where "jumping" the list is BS. Anyhow I know the priority hire is somewhere out there but whats going on with that? They jump around the numbers to get different race in there?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    I remember reading on this thread where "jumping" the list is BS. Anyhow I know the priority hire is somewhere out there but whats going on with that? They jump around the numbers to get different race in there?
    What?

No. The priority hires were based off a separate list. There is no jumping around on this list other than temporarily skipping people who CID hasn't cleared yet. (i.e. Spiderneck is number 5xx, but didn't get in until July rather than January)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DoTheWork View Post
    Lmao, would love to see this guys first day in the firehouse… "Sr Man I respect everything you have done in your 25 years on the job but you got a proby here now and I have my own ideas on how things are to be done so go F#$k yourself!"
    Senior guy in the house, "you can take your ideas and make sure they flush down the drain as you wash all those pots and pans".

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Yes sir! I only wish to offer a positive vibe concerning what we have experienced so far. Some guys are asking whether there is anything fun about the academy or whether it is all hell. Theres alot of hell, but theres alot of fun as well. All depends on the mindset of the individual. If you have an "I cant do it" attitude then that will make the experience harder for you. I dont want to be one of the guys who make it seem as if you have to be superman to endure the experience. Were only in week 4, but so far we have endured many of the major things that guys ask about on here and the things which weed ppl out early (Smokehouse, Ariel, Roof Rope Rescue/Lower Member, Heat & smoke, "Day 3 PT" etc.,) and have suffered numerous casualties and loses as a result, just as EKCASPER has already mentioned above. But i've seen that a positive attitude and self confidence goes a long way; both in the Army and the Rock as well. Do the work and believe in yourself is all im saying. And this attitude should be gained BEFORE we even step foot on the Rock.

But of course the devil had to find some way to get at me...walked into the parking lot yesterday and found my car broken into; $500 cell phone gone. 2 other guys cars were also broken into; wallets and cell phones just...gone. Around 6 victims in all cuz guys were carpolling and suffered losses together. We Ran back in to inform the DI's and we all spent over 2 hours with the police in the parking lot writing reports and collecting evidence. Cant believe there are no cameras in the lot. Whoever it was knew that we were locked in all day and had valuables in our cars that arent allowed in the Rock, so they just took their time and broke into whoever car they wanted. So if there is anything about the Rock that i should bitch and complain about, its that.
    Thats insane that somebody would break into those cars like that! They must've been watching and planning on breaking into your cars. Did they break the glass too? The FDNY should definitely put a camera or something. Wow thats crazy. Hey spiderneck thanks for your input so far. I guess it is good to be confident the way you are but it is also good to be humble. I guess it is 50/50, well good luck again in the Academy!
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

Spider neck don't let the ball breaking get to you. I enjoy reading your posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Thats insane that somebody would break into those cars like that! They must've been watching and planning on breaking into your cars. Did they break the glass too? The FDNY should definitely put a camera or something. Wow thats crazy. Hey spiderneck thanks for your input so far. I guess it is good to be confident the way you are but it is also good to be humble. I guess it is 50/50, well good luck again in the Academy!
    I enjoy reading Spiderneck's posts as well. He seems highly motivated, into the job and pretty squared away… just having fun with him. So long as he's not as vocal in the academy / firehouse as he is on the forum he should be fine. (For those that don't know probies have no opinion or say in anything. Seniority is everything on this job.) Also ball breaking is a huge part of this job as well. If you are the sensitive type, you are going to have a miserable time in your career.

Feel sorry for the guys who's cars got vandalized and robbed. There is a methadone clinic on Randall's Island which seems to draw a lot of unsavory characters. I use to lock my valuables up in the glove box just in case.
    USMC55 likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody on or who has taken it have any tips for the psych? Most importantly:

"Are you afraid of fire?"

I still have never gotten a straight answer on that one one way or the other...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Anybody on or who has taken it have any tips for the psych? Most importantly:

"Are you afraid of fire?"

I still have never gotten a straight answer on that one one way or the other...
    For Questions like this i was straight up honest. YES I am afraid of Fires. a lil camp fire no.. but real serious fires you should be afraid. fires are unpredictable sometimes. Also questions like "do you like fires" No!!!! I dont like fires.. we are not Fire Likers. We want to be Fire Fighters..
    USMC55 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #14xx (MID)
    INTAKE ✓
    MEDICAL ✓
    CPAT ✓
    PHYCH ✓

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLarryM35 View Post
    For Questions like this i was straight up honest. YES I am afraid of Fires. a lil camp fire no.. but real serious fires you should be afraid. fires are unpredictable sometimes. Also questions like "do you like fires" No!!!! I dont like fires.. we are not Fire Likers. We want to be Fire Fighters..
    Good stuff, this is why I made the post. Any other "gotcha" questions you recall?

Thread Information