Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 945 of 1210 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359429439449459469479489559951045 ... LastLast
Results 18,881 to 18,900 of 24185
Like Tree9405Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Any idea what the highest number that has been reached for medicals is?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    No way. The ratio is going to higher and higher. most of the people I know are in the 2000's and have no interest or capability and would rather be PD or just don't really care.

When is a straight OC class going in? how strict are they being with residency? are people getting around it with hooks?
    I think you are definitely right. Only makes sense that as the list goes on, ratio will get higher and higher because of people moving on, not in shape, disinterest, etc...

Would think the next class will be all OC or a very few leftover from EMS/PH. Know of a few people who are in the 1,xxx-2,xxx range that claimed residency even though they did not live in the city during the time range. We'll see what happens, but I think it would be tough to pull off even with hooks these days. I would think if/when they get caught, they will either be DQ'ed or dropped down the list based on score.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I know it's been covered so many times but I don't have any data on my phone to load a ton of pages on my phone... How much does the 5 year social security statement cost? I plan to go to the Jamaica office tomorrow and want to arrive with the proper mail order.
    You can skip going to the office, just print it out on-line http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
    and mail it to the address on the form along with your check, money order or credit card info. I actually work at the Jamaica location for SSA and it's not worth coming here just for something like that haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDragonNY View Post
    You can skip going to the office, just print it out on-line http://www.socialsecurity.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf
    and mail it to the address on the form along with your check, money order or credit card info. I actually work at the Jamaica location for SSA and it's not worth coming here just for something like that haha.
    I don't get it. The form says to send it to the Baltimore office? I sent mine in November and I still haven't heard from them on it.

Forum Member

To be honest, these are I mportant documents that you need, and to leave it in the hands of the post office is something I would not do. Go to the damn office!

Forum Member

I ordered them online as well. Took forever to get them and I went to the office. The lady said it takes up to 3 months to get them so either sit tight, plan accordingly, or go to the office and order them again.

I didnt order them again because the price when up after I ordered them and they told me it was in their "out going" mail section. But 3 months is what they told me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I ordered them online as well. Took forever to get them and I went to the office. The lady said it takes up to 3 months to get them so either sit tight, plan accordingly, or go to the office and order them again.

I didnt order them again because the price when up after I ordered them and they told me it was in their "out going" mail section. But 3 months is what they told me.
    Have you received yours yet? I haven't gone to the office yet for the exact same reason. I spoke to my investigator and explained the situation. He told me it's fine to wait and that he'll let me know if I should hurry up on it.

Forum Member

I went to the office in mineola and they printed them out for me right there. Just go to the office.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    To be honest, these are I mportant documents that you need, and to leave it in the hands of the post office is something I would not do. Go to the damn office!
    Agreed! Sitting in the office now. It's painful but leaving here with the document needed will be a small weight lifted from my shoulders.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    is the last class that is eligible for exam 2000 July 2016?
    The list expires June 26, 2017. So I imagine, a January or maybe even May/early June 2017 class would be the last class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I went to the office in mineola and they printed them out for me right there. Just go to the office.
    Hmm.. that's very interesting and that's why I can't stand working here. Everything is so freakin inconsistent and I personally didn't know we're capable of printing out detailed earnings at local offices... I'm assuming it would look very "unofficial" and I thought it was only can be accessed by them Baltimore folks which is why that stupid form exists in the first place.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Have you received yours yet? I haven't gone to the office yet for the exact same reason. I spoke to my investigator and explained the situation. He told me it's fine to wait and that he'll let me know if I should hurry up on it.
    Yea I got mine. It was literally just before the 3 month mark. My investigator told me not to worry or rush so I just waited.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FireDragonNY View Post
    Hmm.. that's very interesting and that's why I can't stand working here. Everything is so freakin inconsistent and I personally didn't know we're capable of printing out detailed earnings at local offices... I'm assuming it would look very "unofficial" and I thought it was only can be accessed by them Baltimore folks which is why that stupid form exists in the first place.
    staten island office printed them out on the spot for me. it was official enough for my investigator.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    staten island office printed them out on the spot for me. it was official enough for my investigator.
    Me, too. It was easy. I didn't even wait when I was there lol
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

I waited 3.hrs at the Jamaica office . And it was well worth it . Got mine on the spot and walked out with a smile . Get as much paper work as u can . Even bring more than u should for ur intake . So if ur investigator ask for any additional docs. U have them on hand . Believe me it would make both ur lives much easier .

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Me, too. It was easy. I didn't even wait when I was there lol

Forum Member

Has anyone here gotten creative with the residency documents? I have multiple W2's, and a checking account as two forms.

But my third form I am just bringing as much as I can including an old NYS drivers license issued in 2007 with my old address, a lease agreement for a car in October 2010, a pay stub from 2011, and an official college transcript with my old address when I graduated in 2007. I know none of those show continuous residency for the months needed but its where I lived from 2006 until January of this year.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrooklynKid View Post
    Has anyone here gotten creative with the residency documents? I have multiple W2's, and a checking account as two forms.

But my third form I am just bringing as much as I can including an old NYS drivers license issued in 2007 with my old address, a lease agreement for a car in October 2010, a pay stub from 2011, and an official college transcript with my old address when I graduated in 2007. I know none of those show continuous residency for the months needed but its where I lived from 2006 until January of this year.
    In the same boat as you. I've already turned in my w-2s, a lease agreement, and a letter from State Farm's underwriting department stating my address on file with them during the time period. My investigator already told me that the letter will be kicked back. Citibank student loan's department and State Farm have already told me they can't retrieve statements going back that far so I'm scrambling trying to find whatever I can. I got a verification of registration and proof of address form from my daughter's school, which is a public school, a notarized letter from the payroll department at my job stating verifying my address for the time period, IRS verification of information statements for 2010 and 2011, and a bunch of statements that are mixed from 2 different student loans that spread across the majority of that year. If you can think of anything else that may work or that actually did work please let me know.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Do you have any cell phone bills from that time .u can call the wireless carrier and request records from that far back . That should work .

I have pay stubs from that period . W2 forms . 2 banking accounts from different banks . Cell phone statements and credit card statements. It is imperative to get as much proof as possible. U loose those resendency points . And well game over ..
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

all of these places like Citibank and State Farm claiming they can't get records that far back is BS. I would call up and attempt two things.

1. Try to speak to someone high up, like higher than a manager because how they can not have company records from less than 10 years ago is absurd.

2. And if they still say no say that you are involved with some legal issues, or litigation if that's te proper term, and that you must obtain proof that you had coverage/account/whatever for the time period of X-X. Even if they can't produce monthly statements they should be able to see the date you opened your account and then provide you with a certified letter stating you have been covered at such and such address since the opening of the account.

Companies keep records for decades. You may just have to be a little of a pain/pusher to get what you need. Chase tried to tell me they didn't have statements for certain months cuz I had no balance and I pulled that and they sent me a letter stating I have had an account at the current address since it's opening in 2000 or whatever it was and that worked. I said to the manager so because I have no balance I don't exist as a customer? It's nonsense. Press them
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    all of these places like Citibank and State Farm claiming they can't get records that far back is BS. I would call up and attempt two things.

1. Try to speak to someone high up, like higher than a manager because how they can not have company records from less than 10 years ago is absurd.

2. And if they still say no say that you are involved with some legal issues, or litigation if that's te proper term, and that you must obtain proof that you had coverage/account/whatever for the time period of X-X. Even if they can't produce monthly statements they should be able to see the date you opened your account and then provide you with a certified letter stating you have been covered at such and such address since the opening of the account.

Companies keep records for decades. You may just have to be a little of a pain/pusher to get what you need. Chase tried to tell me they didn't have statements for certain months cuz I had no balance and I pulled that and they sent me a letter stating I have had an account at the current address since it's opening in 2000 or whatever it was and that worked. I said to the manager so because I have no balance I don't exist as a customer? It's nonsense. Press them
    This is pretty much what I've been doing. I was able to get a letter from state farm indicating the accounts I held with them and my address on file for the time period and my investigator told me that it's not gonna fly. He told me to get the statements from Citibank but I found out about a week after my intake that citibank list the statements from August 2010 - July 2011 somehow. The supervisor I spoke to had an investigation started to attempt to find them or find out why. Still waiting on those results. In the meantime I had them send me what they had from the first 3 months of statements all the way through the master promissory note I signed when I first got the loan. Also got a letter for them that states my address and the dates that it was on file.

State Farm I've talked to a few people from the office all the way up to corporate and they're all saying they don't hold onto anything for this long. Kinda crazy because it don't just have my car insurance with them but renters and life as well. Once I get these last few bits I'm waiting on from citi I'm going to talk to my investigator and see what he'll take.
    Thanks for the advice.

Thread Information