Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Good stuff, this is why I made the post. Any other "gotcha" questions you recall?

The Phych exam is pretty clear cut if you understand the true environment of what it entails to be a firefighter, working in a teamwork atmosphere and just being employed for the great city of NEW YORK and what that means as being an overall well rounded good citizen. there are some sexuality questions in which I can’t answer for you.lol.. Nonetheless relax; if there is something that spark a concern they would call you back for a one on one sit down for a further evaluation (so I’m told, My exam was cleared) and if you are a sane well presentable guy, then there isn’t much to worry about.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List #14xx (MID)
    INTAKE ✓
    MEDICAL ✓
    CPAT ✓
    PHYCH ✓

Forum Member

Yeah, I mean I totally understand that. I guess I never took a full on psych exam for a city job before. Just barely missed the processing for 6019 before it was canned and didn't follow through with NYPD. Thanks though, I appreciate it...

Forum Member

If you had previous arrest, do they call you in for a 2nd time during the Pysch portion of the hiring process? I could've sworn I read that on an ealier thread in this forum.
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

I feel the same as spiderneck. Yea the work is hard but overall it's a great experience. I can't tell you how many times after doing some of these evolutions I'm like "damn, I'm getting paid to do this! This is so much fun!"

Sucks about the cars though, there was another couple today. I don't know about spider necks situation but the captain said a lot of these guys admitted to having left their car unlocked....soooo yea haha.

I put my money and phone in a secret spot in my car, nothing else valuable in there. They'd have to tear my car apart to find it.
    mocon337 and Medic2312 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I feel the same as spiderneck. Yea the work is hard but overall it's a great experience. I can't tell you how many times after doing some of these evolutions I'm like "damn, I'm getting paid to do this! This is so much fun!"

Sucks about the cars though, there was another couple today. I don't know about spider necks situation but the captain said a lot of these guys admitted to having left their car unlocked....soooo yea haha.

I put my money and phone in a secret spot in my car, nothing else valuable in there. They'd have to tear my car apart to find it.
    I don't understand why guys are doing that, one guy in my squad said he leaves his car unlocked because he doesn't want to carry his keys around with him.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Yea cuz the extra 2 ounces is gonna break his arm haha
    USMC55 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I don't understand why guys are doing that, one guy in my squad said he leaves his car unlocked because he doesn't want to carry his keys around with him.
    & this guy is from New York? I doubt he's lived here very long.
    USMC55 likes this.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    & this guy is from New York? I doubt he's lived here very long.
    Must be from Canada!! I have my car in a garage and still put the lock on! I am over here thinking that they broke the windows to get to your stuff.
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Must be from Canada!! I have my car in a garage and still put the lock on! I am over here thinking that they broke the windows to get to your stuff.
    I lock mine in the garage too and everyone thinks i am crazy lol
    USMC55 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea man, im sitting here thinking windows smashed and they robbed the whole lot! lol if the cars were unlocked.......come on mannn
    USMC55 likes this.

Forum Member

Man I really hope these packets get sent out soon. I'm tryna be hopeful for the July class if the OC list follows the 3:1 ratio.

Are there weight limits for certain heights?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Man I really hope these packets get sent out soon. I'm tryna be hopeful for the July class if the OC list follows the 3:1 ratio.

Yeah, there's a chart somewhere in this thread.

Forum Member

There's a chart. I believe the shorter guys have a less leeway.

I'm 6'4" remember the weight window being pretty wide. Still putting those desserts down

Forum Member

Just got into a discussion with a sanitation guy about the tiers, anyone have any links to read info on them? I googled and only saw police pension fund links.

Forum Member

Hey, guys, got a medical question. Maybe someone OTJ can help. Got a buddy in the 2300's basically just waiting for the next round of packets. He's got diabetes, basically born with it (officially diagnosed at 3years old). Type 1 diabetes. He's got everything under control with it. No issues. Working out, running, all that. Does he have any chance at getting through the medical process? I think he will get through it, but idk for sure and wouldn't even know who to ask. Appreciate any insight!
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Is it true that we have to fill out the FDNY history packet again for the Pysch? I'm going crazy trying to find the copies of the packet I made last time

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Just got into a discussion with a sanitation guy about the tiers, anyone have any links to read info on them? I googled and only saw police pension fund links.
    PD and FD tiers are identical so any PD info should be good enough. I've searched google before and the results aren't very good.

Grizzle: really don't know about your friend. I could see it being an automatic DQ, especially assuming he's insulin dependent. I'd tell him to stick with it but prepare for the fact that they may just straight up say no.

Forum Member

I know insulin dependent diabetes will DQ you for PD.

Forum Member

Is it true that we have to fill out the FDNY history packet again for the Pysch? I'm going crazy trying to find the copies of the packet I made last time
    I had only photocopied the employment part of it, cause at the time that is all that I thought was going to be needed. Apparently they ask for employment, schools, and residences again though. I tried the best I could to recall the dates exactly as I put them on the intake packet. I think they will understand that all you can do is the the best you can to recall...

Forum Member

4 weeks down 14 to go.

Can someone OTJ or anyone that knows PM what our vision benefits are. I can't find anything except what providers we can go to. Don't worry I'm not going during the academy but I do wear glasses so I would like to know what's covered for down the line.
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

On to week FIVE! Fired up, ready to train; with no "second thoughts" either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    4 weeks down 14 to go.

Can someone OTJ or anyone that knows PM what our vision benefits are. I can't find anything except what providers we can go to. Don't worry I'm not going during the academy but I do wear glasses so I would like to know what's covered for down the line.

Eh.....the vision plan sucks. It's through the union. You get like 75 bucks a year towards contacts or frames and maybe 25 bucks back for dr visits.

Forum Member

Buffin around a little online and came upon this google map that I guess someone made. Shows the locations of every company in the city (as far as I know). Pretty cool...

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...1b95c3ede0bcd4

Forum Member

That map is cool. Thanks for posting

Forum Member

http://nycfire.net/FDNY_Firehouses
    I love this site. It shows the company name and address.

Thread Information