Like Tree11293Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    You get paid weekly or every other week? Is direct deposit mandatory from the start?
    Bi Weekly. Direct deposit is not mandatory but you get called up separately to receive your pay check. Don't be that guy, just get direct deposit.

Forum Member

Does anyone know how long does it take for Psych to review the exam and determine if you need to go back for an interview?
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9- CLEARED
    RUN-12/10-PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    Does anyone know how long does it take for Psych to review the exam and determine if you need to go back for an interview?
    From the nypd psych exam and oral exam they took all of a few days and said to call if you wanted to find out. However if they didn't call they said it meant you had passed. I'd assume the same applies for fd too. No news is good news.
    kmart1 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    You act like the guys at the rock don't read what goes on here... And you defintely just gave yourself away... dummy
    Heeey easy...you can learn alot from a dummy lol. Nice try tho.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Very true, if they don't see it, it seems like people tell them about it. Hope for his sake no one does.
    See what? A proby talking about how much he loves the academy and praising the good work of the DI's and the instructors? Ok lol.

Can't believe you took DCwifes comment seriously. No one cares about this thread that much. He just wanted to see if I got mad if he called me "dummy" that's all. Who cares?
    dem7191, Medic2312 and Rdarf85 like this.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    See what? A proby talking about how much he loves the academy and praising the good work of the DI's and the instructors? Ok lol.

Can't believe you took DCwifes comment seriously. No one cares about this thread that much. He just wanted to see if I got mad if he called me "dummy" that's all. Who cares?
    I don't think he was kidding at all. You could be on here talking about the weather or what you had for dinner last night and I'm sure some DI's could still get rubbed the wrong way. Unless you just continuously post on here because you're a troll, in which case, I was trolled and am now a dummy.

Forum Member

They probably care more about the fact that you're spending your time on the computer instead of in your books.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DCwife70 View Post
    They probably care more about the fact that you're spending your time on the computer instead of in your books.
    Some people either get it, or they don't.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    No it's more like 500 a week after taxes and deductions
    Goooooood God

Forum Member

Spiderneck30, look dude, I get it. You're being positive and upbeat and that should be a good thing. Trouble is, it's interpreted as a bad thing and for good reason. You're a proby now, not a candidate. Probys should be seen and not heard. No one wants to hear what the proby has to say about anything and the DIs don't need your praise, at this point, you're no one on this job. We all were at one point. You're a military man, tell me you don't get that.

Bottom line FOR EVERYONE is this: when you're a proby, you have nothing to say....nothing. This Internet forum isn't the place for guys who are in the academy. Wake up, study, go to the academy, study, eat, sleep. That's your whole day, rinse repeat.

Even the best intentions, just like Spidy's, come off poorly in the eyes of guys on the job. You're all just too inexperienced and green to say anything. You guys don't even know what should and shouldn't be spoken about yet.

When you're going through the process, share your experience. When you're through the academy, share with the newcomers information that can help them prepare for the rigors of The Rock.

When you're at The Rock, say nothing.
    fdnybk likes this.

Forum Member

So like 100lbs.. Got to start training!!

Forum Member

The fact that you think the DIs don't care is ridiculous. People would get caught when I was in the academy saying stuff online, and I'm not talking about FB. They don't want you talking about how you got promoted, you can get that taken away faster than it was given to you. And if they did take away, would you come on here and tell us all? If your squad gets burned because you are on here talking up how great you are, will you still be proud of yourself?
    No one is saying you shouldn't love what you do, but be humble. Experience it, don't be that guy that post stuff and then regret it later. I would never send this info to them, but guys OTJ that post here would send this page to the DI just to prove a point. It would be some sight to see if they start yelling "who is spiderneck30?" at roll call.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 08-12-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Forum Member

The fact that you think the DIs don't care is ridiculous. People would get caught when I was in the academy saying stuff online, and I'm not talking about FB. They don't want you talking about how you got promoted, you can get that taken away faster than it was given to you. And if they did take away, would you come on here and tell us all? If your squad gets burned because you are on here talking up how great you are, will you still be proud of yourself?
    No one is saying you shouldn't love what you do, but be humble. Experience it, don't be that guy that post stuff and then regret it later. I would never send this info to them, but guys OTJ that post here would send this page to the DI just to prove a point. It would be some sight to see if they start yelling "who is spiderneck30?" at roll call.
    While I agree with everything you said, people who bring online stuff into real life are ******bags. I hate people like that. I'd rather tell the person off myself, than go running to a higher up.

The guy is excited and loving life right now. I understand he should be keeping his mouth shut, but people should let him mess up himself (like giving himself away) rather than throwing him to the wolves.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    While I agree with everything you said, people who bring online stuff into real life are ******bags. I hate people like that. I'd rather tell the person off myself, than go running to a higher up.

The guy is excited and loving life right now. I understand he should be keeping his mouth shut, but people should let him mess up himself (like giving himself away) rather than throwing him to the wolves.
    Yes, I agree, but how do you think those guys in my class got busted? Someone OTJ told the DIs and off it went. I like spiderneck30, but he needs to stay away from the interenet for a little whle before he gets himself in trouble. The things he thinks are harmless to him might be harmful instead.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Man, can the guys/gals in there now have had better luck with this weather so far? I obviously have no idea what I'm talking about, but I feel like I'd prefer this over a winter class...
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

Yes, I agree, but how do you think those guys in my class got busted? Someone OTJ told the DIs and off it went. I like spiderneck30, but he needs to stay away from the interenet for a little whle before he gets himself in trouble. The things he thinks are harmless to him might be harmful instead.
    Yeah. Just seems like a waste of time/effort to rat someone out if they're not saying any detrimental stuff. Let them get themselves in trouble. Then again, the easiest solution is to get off the internet.

I already have most of my social media private, and plan on disabling everything soon.

Forum Member

While at the Academy, is it worth it to be a squad leader/assistant SL? Do you get anything out of it besides more responsibility?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    While at the Academy, is it worth it to be a squad leader/assistant SL? Do you get anything out of it besides more responsibility?
    You MIGHT get a little help working in an area you want to go. No guarantees though. asst. SL? Nothing. These spots all go to military people.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Yeah. Just seems like a waste of time/effort to rat someone out if they're not saying any detrimental stuff. Let them get themselves in trouble. Then again, the easiest solution is to get off the internet.

I already have most of my social media private, and plan on disabling everything soon.
    The point is not to get people in trouble, it's to prove that someone is always watching.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    You MIGHT get a little help working in an area you want to go. No guarantees though. asst. SL? Nothing. These spots all go to military people.
    A little help going to a specific house? Or just a general area/division/borough?

Are you allowed to name a specific house?

Forum Member

The point is not to get people in trouble, it's to prove that someone is always watching.
    Well, I guess it makes sense then. Better to be seen not heard.

Speaking of which...

As I wrote this reply, I got an email from JoinFDNY inviting me to the FDNY vs. NYPD baseball game.

"When you arrive, please check in at the FDNY Candidate Check-In Table near the entrance of the park. FDNY Firefighters will be on hand to answer any questions you may have about the journey you have ahead of you. And you can pick up an FDNY Candidate Contact Card, which you can get stamped by the Recruitment Team at this event and every time you attend an FDNY event. Fill up that Candidate Card and it will earn you free FDNY ‘Swag’!"

Forum Member

Hey check this out. Think this would ever happen in the fdny pensions ?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/12...s.html?from=us

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

Yeah I heard it's mostly Military & I have that.. but at bootcamp it was worthless to pick up responsibility because you got nothing for it except extra stress - I was wondering if it's worth it at the Rock.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Hey check this out. Think this would ever happen in the fdny pensions ?

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/12...s.html?from=us
    I think many of the guys otj with kids would be getting 3 jobs instead of 2 if so. Hopefully not.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Yeah I heard it's mostly Military & I have that.. but at bootcamp it was worthless to pick up responsibility because you got nothing for it except extra stress - I was wondering if it's worth it at the Rock.
    SL gets to choose the division I think. As far as responsibilities, if you have a squared away squad, you can look like an allstar. DIs will recognize that. Will you get burned for something yes, all squads do.

Thread Information