Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 947 of 1158 FirstFirst ... 4478478979379449459469479489499509579971047 ... LastLast
Results 18,921 to 18,940 of 23142
Like Tree9075Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    You're looking at the small picture. It wasn't just the written test. The investigation, medical, psych, and CPAT all cost money too. Yeah the candidates that don't get reached don't really get the full value of their $25, but the city spends way more than $1.5M to get to hiring people.

I couldn't remember who it was that broke it down, guess it was you haha good job medic.

Forum Member

How MM and FFwnt2b managed to stay active on this forum during the week is beyond me. It's friday night and I'm ready for beddy-bye time.

It may be early but anyone anticipating a call for July make sure your loved ones/ significant others are on board. It makes a HUGE difference coming home and not having to worry about anything but eating, studying and sleeping. Square away your finances, your personal life, etc. You want as little to worry about as possible because the academy is your one and ONLY priority.

If you want to be really proactive, definitely start reading the probie manual. Any prior knowledge will really put you ahead and make it easier for you to wrap your head around things.

I do and I don't miss checking this everyday haha. Have a good weekend folks.
    Jackooze and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

LOL, I stayed away at times. You get use to the whole routine, but for some they might never get used to it. Glad you survived the first couple of weeks. Keep at it, 18 weeks seems like a long time, but if you stay in it, you will be shaking the mayors hand in no time.

Forum Member

It's only week 2, you'll be a pro at this in 10 weeks.

Forum Member

Every part of my body aches. I have a new appreciation for Fridays.
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

We warned you. LOL
    There will be worse weeks than this, but it's all worth it in the end.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    LOL, I stayed away at times. You get use to the whole routine, but for some they might never get used to it. Glad you survived the first couple of weeks. Keep at it, 18 weeks seems like a long time, but if you stay in it, you will be shaking the mayors hand in no time.
    you guys are lucky that they brought it back down it 18 weeks.
    when it was for 6 months, it absolutely f u c k ing sucked.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    I wonder if the ratio would be higher if the class was 6 month ... If the answer is yes .. Then it needs to go back to six months ... The forum been depressing these past pages with these numbers predictions .... Not really what I was expecting ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnybk View Post
    I couldn't imagine.....a family member says his was only 8-9 weeks. LOL

Forum Member

I forget who asked, but to answer someones question as to what happens if you get hurt at the academy...

A friend of mine hurt himself during PT. A doctor at Metro tech examined him and determined it would take some time to heal and he could not continue the academy this time around. He was put on light duty at metrotech helping process the new candidates. He is still on payroll and will be recycled into julys class (as should I).

Keep training guys, it'll be here before we know it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I couldn't imagine.....a family member says his was only 8-9 weeks. LOL
    the real old timers, their academy use to be a week or so

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firehopeful88 View Post
    I forget who asked, but to answer someones question as to what happens if you get hurt at the academy...

A friend of mine hurt himself during PT. A doctor at Metro tech examined him and determined it would take some time to heal and he could not continue the academy this time around. He was put on light duty at metrotech helping process the new candidates. He is still on payroll and will be recycled into julys class (as should I).

Keep training guys, it'll be here before we know it
    Thanks for that bit of info.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

im guessing more intake packets going out at the end of the month? any inside word on these?

so the three classes this year is dead, but I have to imagine that they'll get to 15-1800 for the next class. What is the highest number given a packet thus far, 2100? Hoping they get to 25-2600 for Jan '15 class.

happy saturday.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    im guessing more intake packets going out at the end of the month? any inside word on these?

so the three classes this year is dead, but I have to imagine that they'll get to 15-1800 for the next class. What is the highest number given a packet thus far, 2100? Hoping they get to 25-2600 for Jan '15 class.

happy saturday.
    Some on here said it's dead, but just a week ago the guy in charge of medicals said there trying to do 3 but it hasn't been confirmed. So who knows.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Some on here said it's dead, but just a week ago the guy in charge of medicals said there trying to do 3 but it hasn't been confirmed. So who knows.
    When I was at the medical, I was waiting in room 14 filling out the paper work they give you when you first get there. A Chief walked in and asked the main instructor really loudly "are these the guys going in in May?" And the instructor said yes. Then then chief told us "you guys better be in shape. I already got three f u c k h e a d s quitting and it's only day 3 (of the academy that just started). If you don't want it, don't waste anybody's time." I remember that and was like wow these guys went through this entire process and quit on day 3. Damn.. Whatever. As far as going in in May goes, I'll believe it when I see it.
    test2000 and JDNY13 like this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    When I was at the medical, I was waiting in room 14 filling out the paper work they give you when you first get there. A Chief walked in and asked the main instructor really loudly "are these the guys going in in May?" And the instructor said yes. Then then chief told us "you guys better be in shape. I already got three f u c k h e a d s quitting and it's only day 3 (of the academy that just started). If you don't want it, don't waste anybody's time." I remember that and was like wow these guys went through this entire process and quit on day 3. Damn.. Whatever. As far as going in in May goes, I'll believe it when I see it.
    Now that you mention it, a chief came in and said something similar, mentioning are these the guy for May, and Frank said yes. He didn't say anything about guys failing out so it must have been a different medical date. Good to hear he said that again at a different time, makes me think it was less of a mistake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Hope there's some truth to this, but I won't get my hopes up
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

As someone in the academy now I can't imagine how they could fit another 320 probys in with us but by now they know what the start date of the next academy is. The info may not be leaking out just yet but about 2 weeks in to every class was the timetable for when the date of the next class would come out. Who knows they could mean May 26. I don't know what week 18 of the academy is like.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    As someone in the academy now I can't imagine how they could fit another 320 probys in with us but by now they know what the start date of the next academy is. The info may not be leaking out just yet but about 2 weeks in to every class was the timetable for when the date of the next class would come out. Who knows they could mean May 26. I don't know what week 18 of the academy is like.
    I can barely change now without getting kicked and elbowed lol I couldn't imagine 30 more people in there, another 320 wouldn't fit

Forum Member

I thought they said the last two weeks of the academy - given the nature of what is going on with the soon to be graduating class - that a new group of 320 could overlap with them then?

Obviously it can't be a sort of am/pm thing that they do in the PD academy.

Im guessing its a budget thing, if they don't do three classes. I mean that means people don't get rest, extra work for investigators etc etc
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Thread Information