Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 948 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 4488488989389459469479489499509519589981048 ... LastLast
Results 18,941 to 18,960 of 24140
Like Tree9401Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    I thought they said the last two weeks of the academy - given the nature of what is going on with the soon to be graduating class - that a new group of 320 could overlap with them then?

Obviously it can't be a sort of am/pm thing that they do in the PD academy.

Im guessing its a budget thing, if they don't do three classes. I mean that means people don't get rest, extra work for investigators etc etc
    I have no clue about the budget but I'm telling you now and take my word for it there's no room. Not even close. There's also regular FFs in there not just probies

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I have no clue about the budget but I'm telling you now and take my word for it there's no room. Not even close. There's also regular FFs in there not just probies
    My cousin was in a class that overlapped the last two weeks of the prior class and he said it was nuts, but possible.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    My cousin was in a class that overlapped the last two weeks of the prior class and he said it was nuts, but possible.
    Was this recent? I know some of the ones classes years back didn't have 320+ probies in them. I'm there now and just don't see it happening but whatever keeps you optimistic. Back to studying, keep fit guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Was this recent? I know some of the ones classes years back didn't have 320+ probies in them. I'm there now and just don't see it happening but whatever keeps you optimistic. Back to studying, keep fit guys
    We also thought changing from PT sweats to class A's in under 5 mins was impossible too. But look at us now haha.

There is SOME space in the locker rooms. It's plausible if the roll call times are planned well and locker room changing doesn't over lap between the two classes.

I think the only reason they would overlap classes is if they were in DESPERATE need of more guys. I think someone OTJ could probably answer that better but I'm not sure where they stand on how bad they need to fill more rosters. I would think that maybe they save more money hiring probies instead of giving out so much OT to guys with 15+ years OTJ. Just some food for thought.

Forum Member

im guessing more intake packets going out at the end of the month? any inside word on these?

so the three classes this year is dead, but I have to imagine that they'll get to 15-1800 for the next class. What is the highest number given a packet thus far, 2100? Hoping they get to 25-2600 for Jan '15 class.

happy saturday.
    I believe they sent out packets to everybody that got up to the score of 102. I think thats list number 2218, so thats hat they are up to...I heard some talk on here that everyone who scored 100 on the exam will probobly get a packet around march..but idk for sure. I hope so!

Forum Member

Actually they sent out packets to everybody who got 101* Sorry for My mistake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    We also thought changing from PT sweats to class A's in under 5 mins was impossible too. But look at us now haha.

There is SOME space in the locker rooms. It's plausible if the roll call times are planned well and locker room changing doesn't over lap between the two classes.

I think the only reason they would overlap classes is if they were in DESPERATE need of more guys. I think someone OTJ could probably answer that better but I'm not sure where they stand on how bad they need to fill more rosters. I would think that maybe they save more money hiring probies instead of giving out so much OT to guys with 15+ years OTJ. Just some food for thought.
    Yea I think Frank at the medicals said they were trying to do the 3 classes because overtime is through the roof still and they want to bring that down.

Also, just a thought, this class ends around June 2nd right (which is a Monday)? Is it possibly that they may be thinking of not overlapping but rather starting immediately after this class, maybe even the 2nd.. Rather than waiting almost 2 months like they have been doing?

Forum Member

It's been done in the past and if they want to do it now they will. The very end of the academy is much like the very beginning, lots of paperwork and formalities. The only difficulties are figuring out where to stuff that many people at once, since the auditorium can only hold 1 class. Still, you guys should not concern yourselves with whether it's possible. It is, it's just a matter of if that's the game plan.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I believe they sent out packets to everybody that got up to the score of 102. I think thats list number 2218, so thats hat they are up to...I heard some talk on here that everyone who scored 100 on the exam will probobly get a packet around march..but idk for sure. I hope so!
    yea man. lets hope for March. looks like we have close list numbers... lmk if you hear anything
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

yea man. lets hope for March. looks like we have close list numbers... lmk if you hear anything
    Yea Man, I will most definately make a post if I get my packet lol. Im sitting rite around you at 23XX

Forum Member

What about am/pm like ems does?

Forum Member

I think the city budget proposal comes out this Wednesday, do you guys think we might find out then if three classes is in the budget? I'm not that familiar with the whole budget process so maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject could give their opinion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    When was your intake?
    November 19th

Forum Member

Can anyone give insight as to how long the intake process works? Can we bring snacks? Water? Where to sit? Any information would be great. Thanks.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Can anyone give insight as to how long the intake process works? Can we bring snacks? Water? Where to sit? Any information would be great. Thanks.
    Get there an hour early, you'll be one of the first ones there, and it's basically first come first served. They will take a group of the first 6 or 7 guys up to the floor where the investigators are and you wait a few minutes for your investigator to come. And you're with your investigator 20 minutes. You actually spend most of your time in the auditorium waiting. When I went I think I was there from 6:30-10:30. I was the second guy there so I went up with the first group to meet their investigator.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is there any word on what list number this recent academy class is up to? Im sure this has been asked many times but i am new to the thread. Thank You!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Carollo View Post
    Is there any word on what list number this recent academy class is up to? Im sure this has been asked many times but i am new to the thread. Thank You!
    I believe it was 720, or right around there.

Forum Member

Hey I'm just wondering what's the highest list number for anyone who received a medical notice?
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    What about am/pm like ems does?
    'cause this isn't EMS.

If they haven't overlapped classes yet, why would they start now? Anything is possible, but it impacts all you just about.....zero. It's only a matter of few weeks. Just keep your focus on things you can control and don't waste energy on the theoretically plausible......
    vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

So I have heard that since last week 10 candidates have quit, but I am also hearing that people are not just dropping out because of the physical demand, but they are having trouble with the classroom portion of the academy. Any thoughts?
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Thread Information