Like Tree10553Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #23676
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    17

    Default

    .............
    Last edited by TheBrooklynKid; 08-26-2014 at 12:08 PM.
    J0hnnyb0y likes this.

  2. #23677
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrooklynKid View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has the "alternate residency document" PDF that was passed on by the mentors. My investigator is saying my third form is not met. I used W2's, Checking statements, and my third form was tax returns which I believe in the alternate residency document said would suffice. If anyone can link me to that it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I am also looking for this. I plan to use the same 3 proofs and thought I had read that at least one other had succesfully done the same so far.

  3. #23678
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    PM email address and I'll forward it

  4. #23679
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    468

    Default

    i think its about time someone get some inside info from Frank down at the medical. he always knows whats happening with the process
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  5. #23680
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    i think its about time someone get some inside info from Frank down at the medical. he always knows whats happening with the process
    Frank is definitely the go-to guy if you want to know when packets will be sent out or what list number they might reach based on medical failures/passes. He was always there when I went for my medical but I forgot to ask him.

    Also, I was surprised that at the psych the lady that checks you out can tell you whether you will be scheduled for an oral psych just by looking at your history. She said I was good to go. Hopefully I won't hear anything else from FDNY until the run letter in January.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

  6. #23681
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Also, I was surprised that at the psych the lady that checks you out can tell you whether you will be scheduled for an oral psych just by looking at your history. She said I was good to go. Hopefully I won't hear anything else from FDNY until the run letter in January.
    Oh wow, I figured she told everybody that she'd let them know if a one on one is necessary. Thanks for increasing my current anxiety from about a 3 to a 9...

  7. #23682
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    468

    Default

    great. hoping frank says something like 2600 and under better be ready to run... not bonn happen but would be nice to know what he thinks... anyone going for a medical soon?

    whats the deal wit the oral psych? its no longer based on how the test goes but instead if you have prior arrests or something? or maybe ptsd? anyone have an idea?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

    not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

  8. #23683
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Oh wow, I figured she told everybody that she'd let them know if a one on one is necessary. Thanks for increasing my current anxiety from about a 3 to a 9...
    You have to ask her when you hand in your test. It seems like she knows what certain things will mandatory get you an oral and she will tell you if you might be scheduled for one. I told her about my prior incident and she told me something along the lines of "the FDNY forgives you for this just once but don't do it again."

  9. #23684
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    You have to ask her when you hand in your test. It seems like she knows what certain things will mandatory get you an oral and she will tell you if you might be scheduled for one. I told her about my prior incident and she told me something along the lines of "the FDNY forgives you for this just once but don't do it again."
    I didn't ask anything. She told me "we'll let you know if I need you to come back or not". I have an open container from almost 10 years ago that was dismissed, a red light ticket from almost 10 years ago that I paid, and a decent amount of jobs since I'm a bit older. Wtf man, why are you forgiven right off the bat?!
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 08-12-2014 at 08:07 PM.

  10. #23685
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    great. hoping frank says something like 2600 and under better be ready to run... not bonn happen but would be nice to know what he thinks... anyone going for a medical soon?

    whats the deal wit the oral psych? its no longer based on how the test goes but instead if you have prior arrests or something? or maybe ptsd? anyone have an idea?
    More like 2200 and under better be ready to run for January IMO. Those who haven't received packets are going to be processed for July 2015 and Jan 2016.

    The test is graded and if a red flag shows up because you have signs of being crazy or you have a criminal mindset then they will contact you for an oral.

    You can also get an oral interview for prior arrest(s), background history and psychological history.

  11. #23686
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    i think its about time someone get some inside info from Frank down at the medical. he always knows whats happening with the process
    Don't quote me on this, however I had my medical last week, already redid the stairs and passed and am now waiting for my psych date.

    While at metro, Frank said that the current class that's in now had some people called from the mid to late 1500's. He might've guesstimated at that number, as he didn't sound to sure or positive about it. However he did also say that for this next class that there would most likely be a promotional test again along with a high number of recycles going back into the class with the usual deferrals too.

    I'm not sure how positive how concrete those numbers are or what frank said was true but he was the only officer there that would actually speak to us and actually give us any real information.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

  12. #23687
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I didn't ask anything. She told me "we'll let you know if I need you to come back or not". I have an open container from almost 10 years ago that was dismissed, a red light ticket from almost 10 years ago that I paid, and a decent amount of jobs since I'm a bit older. Wtf man, why are you forgiven right off the bat?!
    Lol dude you will be fine. Your background looks amazing. The "we will let you know if you need to come back or not" was a general statement she told everyone. But you can ask and maybe if she has time she can review your history and give you more feedback.

  13. #23688
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Lol dude you will be fine. Your background looks amazing. The "we will let you know if you need to come back or not" was a general statement she told everyone. But you can ask and maybe if she has time she can review your history and give you more feedback.
    Also, they will let you know if you need to come back after they grade your psych exam.

  14. #23689
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Lol dude you will be fine. Your background looks amazing. The "we will let you know if you need to come back or not" was a general statement she told everyone. But you can ask and maybe if she has time she can review your history and give you more feedback.

    Ahh so she did say that same general statement to you? You sunuvagun, you were confusing me. Thought you were saying she only said that to certain people...

  15. #23690
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    551

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SI91 View Post
    Don't quote me on this, however I had my medical last week, already redid the stairs and passed and am now waiting for my psych date.

    While at metro, Frank said that the current class that's in now had some people called from the mid to late 1500's. He might've guesstimated at that number, as he didn't sound to sure or positive about it. However he did also say that for this next class that there would most likely be a promotional test again along with a high number of recycles going back into the class with the usual deferrals too.

    I'm not sure how positive how concrete those numbers are or what frank said was true but he was the only officer there that would actually speak to us and actually give us any real information.
    Frank....super nice guy, but the only thing he know is how many have come for medicals. No one in the 1,500's was called for July '14 and there will not be another promotional test. He's also not an "officer", he's a civilian employee.

  16. #23691
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Frank....super nice guy, but the only thing he know is how many have come for medicals. No one in the 1,500's was called for July '14 and there will not be another promotional test. He's also not an "officer", he's a civilian employee.
    Lol that's exactly why I said don't quote me on it lol
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20XX

  17. #23692
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default

    I am a little anxious about the psych myself. I wonder how long does it takes them to grade the exam and determine who needs to take an oral exam. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If anyone receives a letter for an oral psych keep us updated. If I receive one I will let you guys know. Once again good luck to the guys in the academy!!

  18. #23693
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Well next person on here with a medical ask frank what he thinks

  19. #23694
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I thought they already went through the 2100s? So why only - few more hundred for next class? I assume I'm wrong

  20. #23695
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I thought they already went through the 2100s? So why only - few more hundred for next class? I assume I'm wrong
    Because no one else has packets

  21. #23696
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SI91 View Post
    However he did also say that for this next class that there would most likely be a promotional test again along with a high number of recycles going back into the class with the usual deferrals too.
    Why would he say "most likely" .. another 800 people thrown infront of the people already waiting would be an uproar.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

  22. #23697
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USMC55 View Post
    I am a little anxious about the psych myself. I wonder how long does it takes them to grade the exam and determine who needs to take an oral exam. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If anyone receives a letter for an oral psych keep us updated. If I receive one I will let you guys know. Once again good luck to the guys in the academy!!
    I took my psych on July 19th and from what has been posted on here that seems to be one the first dates for this past round of testing. Still haven't heard anything and it's been almost a month. I can't imagine that is takes that long to grade the test. I did have to go back for a one on one for the 6019 test so I'm hoping that no news is good news at this point. If anything does change will definitely keep you posted.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

  23. #23698
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Packets, packets, packets....any idea of when there sending out the next round? And roughly how many packets will sent out? Any info would help, thanks
    Exam 2000
    Score: 100
    List# : 30xx

  24. #23699
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Herc_1812 View Post
    Packets, packets, packets....any idea of when there sending out the next round? And roughly how many packets will sent out? Any info would help, thanks
    Likely up to 34/35xx will get packets the next go round. Maybe a few hundred less. Because the will send packets now and again before the July class. To start processing a few for July and the subsequent jan.

    If I had to guess. Sometime in the next two weeks. Because with packets come a month long period before intake, cpat scheduling and mentor assignment etc. soon brother, I'm right there with you

  25. #23700
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    brooklyn
    Posts
    191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Why would he say "most likely" .. another 800 people thrown infront of the people already waiting would be an uproar.
    There hasn't been another promotional test, so it's impossible for 800 people to be inserted in front of next class.... maybe he means people that took the promo but didnt have 2 yrs service time, but now do. I thought all those people were done already though. Maybe one more batch. MM probably knows much more than I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Likely up to 34/35xx will get packets the next go round. Maybe a few hundred less. Because the will send packets now and again before the July class. To start processing a few for July and the subsequent jan.

    If I had to guess. Sometime in the next two weeks. Because with packets come a month long period before intake, cpat scheduling and mentor assignment etc. soon brother, I'm right there with you
    100s go until ~3300, so I'd put the cutoff there. Even so, the last bunch of packets went out around Sept / Oct of 2013... so I'd hold off any expectations until then.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 45 users browsing this thread. (10 members and 35 guests)

  1. 7andchange,
  2. BigShawn718,
  3. bk60191983,
  4. Britches,
  5. fdnybk,
  6. FFwnt2b,
  7. Glen-livid101,
  8. Matador611,
  9. Medic2312,
  10. sffdnyhopeful09

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register