Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...t-fdny-academy

Apparently somewhere between 2-9 probys got MRSA at the academy and had to be put on leave. Surprised I found out via news rather than here lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2014...t-fdny-academy

Apparently somewhere between 2-9 probys got MRSA at the academy and had to be put on leave. Surprised I found out via news rather than here lol.
    Meaning they won't be back? Or are they due for next class? Anyhow that sucks. It only took one guy to ruin another's dream.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    Meaning they won't be back? Or are they due for next class? Anyhow that sucks. It only took one guy to ruin another's dream.
    If you miss more than 5 days you get dropped and have to try again. Also who the hell knows how MRSA showed up there. Honestly I'm shocked it only spread to less than a dozen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If you miss more than 5 days you get dropped and have to try again. Also who the hell knows how MRSA showed up there. Honestly I'm shocked it only spread to less than a dozen.
    Yeah, I'd assume it would be more widespread. I'm not sure how the academy is physically setup, so maybe it was just one squad or something like that where they were close quarters.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Yeah, I'd assume it would be more widespread. I'm not sure how the academy is physically setup, so maybe it was just one squad or something like that where they were close quarters.
    Weren't there 2 or 3 guys in the last class that caught it as well?
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 7andchange View Post
    Weren't there 2 or 3 guys in the last class that caught it as well?
    Yeah, I forgot about that. Guess they didn't clean enough.

Forum Member

Think they should be getting new bunker gear sooner?

I know it's all old used gear. Or is it a cleaning thing?

Forum Member

So not next summer but the summer after that is the last class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So not next summer but the summer after that is the last class?
    2017 is the last class . Jan maybe a July class . Personally I don't see janaury getting into the 2000s . But who the he'll knows

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    2017 is the last class . Jan maybe a July class . Personally I don't see janaury getting into the 2000s . But who the he'll knows
    January is projected to hit ~2100.

Forum Member

Wow. Only 800 candidates?

Forum Member

correct me if im wrong but the test announcement maybe coming in late 2016?? and the test is spring 2017? And maybe their last class in session too before the new test probies come in the following winter.

Forum Member

correct me if im wrong but the test announcement maybe coming in late 2016?? and the test is spring 2017? And maybe their last class in session too before the new test probies come in the following winter.
    all i know is its 2014 and you are talking about 2017, i'd look for something in the meantime, when the announcement comes, you and everyone else in the northeast will know about it...

as far as the next round of packets, im early 99 - 33xx so I will either just be cut out or will know if theyre dipping in to early 99s, hoping to get rolling asap obviously

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    all i know is its 2014 and you are talking about 2017, i'd look for something in the meantime, when the announcement comes, you and everyone else in the northeast will know about it...

as far as the next round of packets, im early 99 - 33xx so I will either just be cut out or will know if theyre dipping in to early 99s, hoping to get rolling asap obviously
    All the 101's got packets. The 100s are due up any day now, with another 3 years to go on this list. With that being said I can't believe that the 99's (including myself) will miss the cut.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Whats up guys I have my medical In a week or so and I have something alittle scary going on ..I rolled my ankle yesterday working out and im afraid it will not be healed in time for the 8minute stairmaster ( my second go at it )...any advice on the best course of action and if I cant go what will be the outcome. ..thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    All the 101's got packets. The 100s are due up any day now, with another 3 years to go on this list. With that being said I can't believe that the 99's (including myself) will miss the cut.
    I know that they've been distributing packets early by number but I wonder if they will continue to do that because each score down gets a wider pool - 99 has 1400 people or so, 101 had about 900, 1000 has about 1100. We'll see.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cantstop729 View Post
    Whats up guys I have my medical In a week or so and I have something alittle scary going on ..I rolled my ankle yesterday working out and im afraid it will not be healed in time for the 8minute stairmaster ( my second go at it )...any advice on the best course of action and if I cant go what will be the outcome. ..thanks
    Ouch, I sprained both my wrists at the same time today at the gym while lift the bench lift bar which only had 45lb both sides.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    I know that they've been distributing packets early by number but I wonder if they will continue to do that because each score down gets a wider pool - 99 has 1400 people or so, 101 had about 900, 1000 has about 1100. We'll see.
    I'm hoping less people are even interested or have residency at the lower numbers. I know several people who are fat and have no desire and people who outright live in Long Island or have other jobs.

Forum Member

I remember Frank telling us that we could reschedule the second attempt once. If you feel you can't do the 8 minutes by your next go around, just reschedule.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I'm hoping less people are even interested or have residency at the lower numbers. I know several people who are fat and have no desire and people who outright live in Long Island or have other jobs.
    I'm hoping you guys on the wait list get on rather than having those who don't deserve a spot. Just seems to me that it isn't fair when you have people who aren't "fit" nor are they prepared to get in the academy just to test their limits or have them dropped. Hopefully they slash a good number of people

Forum Member

You have a month from the day you took your medical to schedule your second stair master.

Forum Member

I just started watching rescue me on netflix
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

I think going in already expecting to fail the stairs first time around is the wrong mindset. Positive mind means positive results.

Forum Member

Ouch, I sprained both my wrists at the same time today at the gym while lift the bench lift bar which only had 45lb both sides.
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT? lmao jk bro ice them wrists and add 25s

Forum Member

I'm hoping you guys on the wait list get on rather than having those who don't deserve a spot. Just seems to me that it isn't fair when you have people who aren't "fit" nor are they prepared to get in the academy just to test their limits or have them dropped. Hopefully they slash a good number of people
    We all took the same test . If someone else scored higher than you . Taking the same test then I don't see what is not fair about it . U get my drift. Shame on them for not brig prepared. But we all took the same exam .

Thread Information