Like Tree9513Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    We all took the same test . If someone else scored higher than you . Taking the same test then I don't see what is not fair about it . U get my drift. Shame on them for not brig prepared. But we all took the same exam .
    I don't think he's talking about the numerical grade for the test. It seems to me that he's talking about the physical preparedness for the process. Either way, it's not something that should be worried about because there is no way on Earth anyone who isn't fit, physically or mentally, will ever come close to taking a job from someone lower on the list who is prepared.

Forum Member

We all took the same test . If someone else scored higher than you . Taking the same test then I don't see what is not fair about it . U get my drift. Shame on them for not brig prepared. Bult we all took the same exam .
    That would be true if the there was no 5th section to the test that was totally subjective and was basically only made 50 percent to give away free points to those who couldn't read or hack it on a normal civil service test. These people were getting behind the scenes coaching on how to answer.
    However the last section wasn't even weighted till after they graded the tests and then decided the weighting according to race, which is illegal according to civil service law I believe. The whole last section was made for that reason, free points.
    That trick won't work again for the next test. The cat is out of the Bag, just answer as thou you were perfect, Fat people answered that they work out 2 hours a day everyday and they got points for that, yet they are going to bomb the physical and probably didn't score perfectly on the the first 4 sections.
    So shame on me for thinking it might actually be fair and follow actual scientific testing methods that are and have been used as the standard for all civil service and academic testing forever.
    Every one who takes the next test will know to answer strongly disagree or strongly agree. Their one time trick to water down the cognitive section won't work again.
    I got one 1 wrong on the first 4 sections that took hours and 17 partial credits on the 5 "section" that was a few minutes long and was a arbitrary survey. So what does that tell you?
    I was stupid to tell the truth and believed the judges threats of disqualifying people for misrepresenting themselves.
    People got several wrong on the real section of the test they took for 4 hours and and have higher scored than me because they knew better than to tell the truth.
    50 percent, I repeat 50% for nothing.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-14-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    NewSteveYork likes this.

Forum Member

Any they still haven't released the test yet or how they arrived at the weighting of the sections.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    That would be true if the there was no 5th section to the test that was totally subjective and was basically only made 50 percent to give away free points to those who couldn't read or jack it on a normal civil service test. These people were getting behind the scenes coaching on how to answer.
    However the last section wasn't even weighted till after they graded the tests and then decided the weighting according to race, which is illegal according to civil service law I believe.
    That trick won't work again for the next test. The cat is out of the Bag, just answer as thou you were perfect, Fat people answered that they work out 2 hours a day everyday and they got points for that, yet they are going to bomb the physical.
    So shame on me for thinking it might actually be fair and follow actual scientific testing methods that are and have used as the standard for all civil service and academic testing forever.
    Every one who takes the next test will know to answer strongly disagree or strongly agree. Their one time trick to water down the cognitive section won't work again.
    I got one 1 wrong on the first 5 sections that took hours and 17 partial credits on the 5 "section". So what does that tell you? I was stupid to tell the truth and believe the judges threats of disqualifying people mis representing themselves.
    People got several wrong on the real section of the test they took for 4 hours and and have higher scored than me because they knew better than to tell the truth.
    U sound real salty bro . It is what it is . I can't knock anyone for scoring higher than me no matter how they did it .
    Rdarf85 likes this.

Forum Member

U sound real salty bro . It is what it is . I can't knock anyone for scoring higher than me no matter how they did it .
    I agree, I am happy to have a chance. It sucks but I can handle waiting longer. I just felt the need to clarify to the person above me. I am not taking anything away from people who did perfectly. my point is the 5th section and the weighting was a scam and it was a one time scam and an illegal one that was racially motivated.

If you scored perfectly I am happy for you. I admit that I should have known better and read between the lines. My point is it still was a scam and if it wasn't they would release the test and the info behind its formulation.
    However I repeat If you scored higher than me, I am in no way saying you didn't deserve it. The only way I could see someone not deserving the higher score is if they aced the make believe section because they were coached on it from inside info and did so/so on the real testing methods.

for instance taking the SAT a second time with different questions would result in a similar score, but exam 2000 section 5 taken a second time would result with people who bombed that section with a 100%

good luck to everyone who scored well.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-14-2014 at 09:01 AM.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    I just started watching rescue me on netflix
    certain things people need to find out on their own. don't tell them what netflix is. let them find out on their own!
    Rdarf85 likes this.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    certain things people need to find out on their own. don't tell them what netflix is. let them find out on their own!
    That show wasn't that great but I liked to watch it. Then like most non HBO series they get ridiculous after a few seasons.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

That would be true if the there was no 5th section to the test that was totally subjective and was basically only made 50 percent to give away free points to those who couldn't read or hack it on a normal civil service test. These people were getting behind the scenes coaching on how to answer.
    However the last section wasn't even weighted till after they graded the tests and then decided the weighting according to race, which is illegal according to civil service law I believe. The whole last section was made for that reason, free points.
    That trick won't work again for the next test. The cat is out of the Bag, just answer as thou you were perfect, Fat people answered that they work out 2 hours a day everyday and they got points for that, yet they are going to bomb the physical and probably didn't score perfectly on the the first 4 sections.
    So shame on me for thinking it might actually be fair and follow actual scientific testing methods that are and have been used as the standard for all civil service and academic testing forever.
    I got one 1 wrong on the first 4 sections that took hours and 17 partial credits on the 5 "section" that was a few minutes long and was a arbitrary survey. So what does that tell you?
    I was stupid to tell the truth and believed the judges threats of disqualifying people for misrepresenting themselves.
    Could have looked in to or paid for a prep course. I did and admittedly I thought it was a total waste of money but the last class really helped prepare me for the psychological. It's even helped me on other civil service exams I've taken.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cantstop729 View Post
    Whats up guys I have my medical In a week or so and I have something alittle scary going on ..I rolled my ankle yesterday working out and im afraid it will not be healed in time for the 8minute stairmaster ( my second go at it )...any advice on the best course of action and if I cant go what will be the outcome. ..thanks
    Frank gave us a phone number so you can call BHS and speak directly to him just in case you had an emergency and need to reschedule. Call that number and speak to Frank to reschedule. I would ask him if you can even reschedule pass the 30 day period they gave us if you need the extra time to heal.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nptks View Post
    Could have looked in to or paid for a prep course. I did and admittedly I thought it was a total waste of money but the last class really helped prepare me for the psychological. It's even helped me on other civil service exams I've taken.
    I have gotten almost a perfect score on every Civil service exam I have taken. I did pay for a private course. Since there was so much last minute information, illustrated by the fact that the FDNY free course was totally worthless and misleading and the vulcan class was right on because they had inside info, I ended up listen to the advice of a very well respected merit matters member on here and it turned out to be wrong. Not saying its his fault, he gave me his opinion and I took it, the point is the test was meant to be deceitful. I would rather not talk about it anymore, its pretty self explanatory to any one who followed the making of the test. I admit I was an idiot for not stretching the truth but it was a trick that can not be duplicated and the weighting and non release of the weighting and answer key is further proof.
    again nothing I can do and more power to you if you saw through the trick.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Great show. Don't wanna spoil anything, but 2 absolutely HUGE jawdroppers that I ever had watching a show was with Gavins ginger son & nephew. Especially the nephew.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 100
    List: 32xx

Forum Member

I agree, I am happy to have a chance. It sucks but I can handle waiting longer. I just felt the need to clarify to the person above me. I am not taking anything away from people who did perfectly. my point is the 5th section and the weighting was a scam and it was a one time scam and an illegal one that was racially motivated.

If you scored perfectly I am happy for you. I admit that I should have known better and read between the lines. My point is it still was a scam and if it wasn't they would release the test and the info behind its formulation.
    However I repeat If you scored higher than me, I am in no way saying you didn't deserve it. The only way I could see someone not deserving the higher score is if they aced the make believe section because they were coached on it from inside info and did so/so on the real testing methods.

for instance taking the SAT a second time with different questions would result in a similar score, but exam 2000 section 5 taken a second time would result with people who bombed that section with a 100%

good luck to everyone who scored well.
    I did everything in my power to score as high as I could. I took different psych exams from the company that actually gave the FDNY exam, I took other civil service exams (suffolk pd was similar), I went to the psychological department in my college and asked psych professor advice on how to score high on those exams and I got really good feedback; I took psych self assessment exam for other jobs like teller jobs at banks; I googled and did my own research. The only thing I missed was the Vulcan prep course because no one told me about it. If you really want something you will do whatever it takes. Life is competitive and if you really want something you will work your butt of for it and find a way. I never had family on the job or even a FF friend (my first FF friend is now my mentor). I just had a dream.

There are no excuses.
    Smoove and Rdarf85 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BklynFDNY89 View Post
    Great show. Don't wanna spoil anything, but 2 absolutely HUGE jawdroppers that I ever had watching a show was with Gavins ginger son & nephew. Especially the nephew.
    I'm not up to that season lol. Do firemen really get that much ***? Lol

Forum Member

I'm not up to that season lol. Do firemen really get that much ***? Lol
    *that much girlssssssss

Forum Member

I would say that about 15% of what happens in the show is realistic. The other 85% just makes the FDNY look bad. They try to make it like every fireman is a complete A-hole and/or cheats on his wife.
    FDsouthbxNY likes this.

Forum Member

I did everything in my power to score as high as I could. I took different psych exams from the company that actually gave the FDNY exam, I took other civil service exams (suffolk pd was similar), I went to the psychological department in my college and asked psych professor advice on how to score high on those exams and I got really good feedback; I took psych self assessment exam for other jobs like teller jobs at banks; I googled and did my own research. The only thing I missed was the Vulcan prep course because no one told me about it. If you really want something you will do whatever it takes. Life is competitive and if you really want something you will work your butt of for it and find a way. I never had family on the job or even a FF friend (my first FF friend is now my mentor). I just had a dream.

There are no excuses.
    I commend you on your tenacity. I didn't do as much as you but I did Look Into it. The point is It didn't follow a statute. The correct answers were chosen to be right and weighted way too highly after they decided their target demographic chose those answers and only did well on those sections.
    You went above and beyond and I wish I knew were to look for the same. But that still doesn't make the writing, grading, weighing, and lack of transparency of the test a violation of my rights.
    It's like showing up to a race and once they see you are fast they change the objective last minute to favor someone else according to a desired race. as far as I know merit matters had the same sentiment I do.
    Still thou I commend you for going above and beyond but that doesn't make it right that people are getting inside Information and fixed results.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 08-15-2014 at 12:53 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    I would say that about 15% of what happens in the show is realistic. The other 85% just makes the FDNY look bad. They try to make it like every fireman is a complete A-hole and/or cheats on his wife.
    Or a drunk who cheats with a messed up family life. Or 2 other guys who can't get their thoughts together. Its still an awesome show despite the drama. Last season was a huge let down though, excluding their last episode which had a fantastic ending.
    grizzle likes this.

Forum Member

I have gotten almost a perfect score on every Civil service exam I have taken. I did pay for a private course. Since there was so much last minute information, illustrated by the fact that the FDNY free course was totally worthless and misleading and the vulcan class was right on because they had inside info, I ended up listen to the advice of a very well respected merit matters member on here and it turned out to be wrong. Not saying its his fault, he gave me his opinion and I took it, the point is the test was meant to be deceitful. I would rather not talk about it anymore, its pretty self explanatory to any one who followed the making of the test. I admit I was an idiot for not stretching the truth but it was a trick that can not be duplicated and the weighting and non release of the weighting and answer key is further proof.
    again nothing I can do and more power to you if you saw through the trick.
    The FDNY free course wasn't totally worthless and misleading. It gave me a good idea in how they were going to ask certain sections. Their youtube videos were right on the money, now if you didn't choose to do the practice assignments one wouldn't have a clear idea how to approach it. The other stuff was just reading comprehension.
    FDNY 2000 1xxx

Forum Member

We all took the same test . If someone else scored higher than you . Taking the same test then I don't see what is not fair about it . U get my drift. Shame on them for not brig prepared. But we all took the same exam .
    I was referring to the physical standards just like nptks is trying to say. If someone can't withstand the conditions or can't uphold their strength and body to PT or CPAT then they shouldn't be on the list... with all due respect. Then again nptks, there are a handful of guys in the academy that doesn't fit the standard because of weight and told that they were to come back again next class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hotchi11 View Post
    The FDNY free course wasn't totally worthless and misleading. It gave me a good idea in how they were going to ask certain sections. Their youtube videos were right on the money, now if you didn't choose to do the practice assignments one wouldn't have a clear idea how to approach it. The other stuff was just reading comprehension.
    The fdny course helped a lot and so did the YouTube videos. I figured it was all about listening and taking notes. I had my girlfriend read me out loud high school English regents exams and I would take notes and answer the multiple choice question. I made her read it 3 times just like the exam lol. I also practiced my note taking skills with abbreviations and short cuts at evey college lecture. 40,000 people took the exam so you had to do "extra stuff" to get ahead of the pac.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City View Post
    I was referring to the physical standards just like nptks is trying to say. If someone can't withstand the conditions or can't uphold their strength and body to PT or CPAT then they shouldn't be on the list... with all due respect. Then again nptks, there are a handful of guys in the academy that doesn't fit the standard because of weight and told that they were to come back again next class.
    You don't need to be physically fit to get on the list. All you need to do is pass the written exam. The physical standards to get into the academy are too easy in my opinion. 8 minutes on the stairs and 1.5 mile under 13 minutes is a walk in the park for a career that's so rewarding. I agree about the rumors that they may increase the physical standards to get into the academy. The instructors stress at CPAT prep that the stairs and CPAT is a joke compared to the academy but candidates don't listen and therefore we have so many recycles and it holds up the list.
    Last edited by DannyD0pe; 08-14-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Forum Member

So what list number are they up to now, on this wonderful exam ?

And how do you guys find this stuff out (short of haranguing DCAS on the regular)?

Forum Member

On another news, one of the guys from 18 truck made a grab from yesterdays job! https://www.facebook.com/Firestore/p...omment_mention

Forum Member

Exactly I think people just took it for what it was.

Forum Member

The slander on this forum is disgusting. Future reference for those of you patiently waiting on the next exam. Do the best you can on the written, over prepare yourself for the physical and soundly condition your mental for all psychological aspects of the process. No excuses. Good Morning and Peace to All!
    MikeLarryM35 likes this.

Thread Information