Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 950 of 1142 FirstFirst ... 45085090094094794894995095195295396010001050 ... LastLast
Results 18,981 to 19,000 of 22831
Like Tree8972Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Thanks MM. That's great to hear. I appreciate all your advice/comments etc on this forum.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    At the end of the day it won't affect me because I already work for the city so technically would not be a new hire but at the same time the contract has bn expired before I began working for the city. A retro check would be nice but being placed back into the old tier would be worth not receiving a retro.
    It will definitely affect you unless you are an Emt/medic hired before April of 2010 or whatever that date was. Working for the city already otherwise means nothing. When you switch over you will be placed in the same new tier everyone else is entering under.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    At the end of the day it won't affect me because I already work for the city so technically would not be a new hire but at the same time the contract has bn expired before I began working for the city. A retro check would be nice but being placed back into the old tier would be worth not receiving a retro.
    yes it would effect everyone who gets hired after the contract is settled. If they make it 7 years to top pay and have new hires pay into medical then it would apply to anyone that gets hired after that contract is settled.

The only thing that would be effected since u already work for the city is that you would keep your pension tier and your time is pensionable.
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 02-11-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    It will definitely affect you unless you are an Emt/medic hired before April of 2010 or whatever that date was. Working for the city already otherwise means nothing. When you switch over you will be placed in the same new tier everyone else is entering under.
    Not quite. You don't have to have been in EMS to have your pension carry over. Any pensionable time at a city job and I think any pensionable time at a state job allow you to carry over your pension start date and if it's before 7/1/2009 that means you can convert your pension to tier 2. If you started with the city between 71/2009 and I think 4/1/2012 then you would be able to convert to tier 3. If after 4/1/2012 then you're going into 3 modified by 6 (the current setup).

Forum Member

I love when someone trying to get on this job (and every police dept. on Long Island) speaks like they're in the know.

Not one word has been spoken about contract negotiations, none. Not in the press and not at Union meetings. Worry about getting on, not contract negotiations. Sometimes there are give backs that accompany a raise. Guess what, you'll get that raise too, when you get there.

If that's a problem, don't take the job. Someone who wants it more will step into your shoes in a second.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    I love when someone trying to get on this job (and every police dept. on Long Island) speaks like they're in the know.

Not one word has been spoken about contract negotiations, none. Not in the press and not at Union meetings. Worry about getting on, not contract negotiations. Sometimes there are give backs that accompany a raise. Guess what, you'll get that raise too, when you get there.

If that's a problem, don't take the job. Someone who wants it more will step into your shoes in a second.
    Bro you got it all wrong! He wants this job like crazy, unless Suffolk PD calls.

Like I said above the 7 years to top pay and paying more for insurance are things other unions have negotiated, but as southbx said there's been zero talks between the UFA and the city.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone with an interview on Friday get rescheduled? Just got an e-mail they are cancelling the intake interview due to snow, now have to wait another month. Sucks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrooklynKid View Post
    Anyone with an interview on Friday get rescheduled? Just got an e-mail they are cancelling the intake interview due to snow, now have to wait another month. Sucks.
    They're pushing back your intake a month? Geez

Forum Member

For the people who received their packets. Can anyone tell me how much time from when you receive your packet until your first scheduled interview which I believe is the intake interview?

Do you have to also hand anything in before the intake interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    For the people who received their packets. Can anyone tell me how much time from when you receive your packet until your first scheduled interview which I believe is the intake interview?
    I think I was about a month, some guys more and some less though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post

Do you have to also hand anything in before the intake interview?
    mine was a little over 2 months
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Thanks guys. So I estimate that if they are rescheduling people's intake interview into march because of the snow, then they probably will not get around to sending out new packets until at least March or maybe April.

This would give me to at least May or June for my intake interview as I am mid 25XX#.

Trying to plan a trip and do not want to be forced to come back early.

Does anyone know if you need to hand in anything before the intake interview?

Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post

Your right. There hasn't been talks but the NYPD PBA has started and u can bet if they go to 7years top pay and paying into medical that the FDNY will follow. Its called pattern bargaining and it happens all the time with the city uniformed forces.

There's been a lot of FD fireman who left for nassau/suffolk pds and other long island police depts. What is your point? I take tests and leave my options open. If I get onto FD and then switch over then thats my choice and I wont be the first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Your right. There hasn't been talks but the NYPD PBA has started and u can bet if they go to 7years top pay and paying into medical that the FDNY will follow. Its called pattern bargaining and it happens all the time with the city uniformed forces.

There's been a lot of FD fireman who left for nassau/suffolk pds and other long island police depts. What is your point? I take tests and leave my options open. If I get onto FD and then switch over then thats my choice and I wont be the first.

Ha, maybe you should change your handle to "FDNYtillSomethingBetter". .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    LOL That's excellent

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    That was awesome
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I find myself in a tricky situation. It seems like I'm slated for the next academy class but I'm also set to get married July 12th (planned the date over a year ago). Knowing full well that everything for the academy will be up in the air date wise until the last few weeks I'm somewhat terrified I'm going to have to have my run or get processed (or both) on the day or weekend of my wedding. Calling Metrotech or DCAS for definite info was fruitless because obviously there isn't any definite info yet.

So, on a boned scale of 1-10 how boned am I? How lenient are they about rescheduling a run or processing day? If there's even a .0001% chance of me getting skipped over I wont. Worst case scenario I might just have to do the run then make a mad dash to get married haha. Would just moving the ceremony up from 11am to 3pm be enough. As you might infer I'm slightly stressed about this.

You could always go ahead and solve all your stress and problems and not get married

0_o

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    You could always go ahead and solve all your stress and problems and not get married

0_o
    Im gonna have to concur
    vekdoggs75 and frankp88 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    Im gonna have to concur
    Ditto! I'm in it. Deep! Don't to it. It's a trap lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post

0_o
    And if you end up having to pay into the medical you'll have to times that by 2

Thread Information